Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Bombers thump Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

To me our day can be summed up by 3/4 time with uncontested marks sitting 103 - 44
How do you win a game when you give the opposition so much space time and freedom ?
Answer you don't win games.
To many times we have 3 players going to a contest but they don't win the ball and if they do they turn it over straight away exposing us defensively.
I feel for Frost and Langdon they have worked there butts off this season and are now running on empty with no help in sight.
Playing Maxy and not keefe was a risk and it failed we needed Maxy back but left us exposed. Bad decision in hindsight
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:36 pm

Our forward line lacks a lot of class wLeaving nowithout Fasalo and Elliot and Reid. We had more inside 50's for most of the game but never looked like scoring.

With a score of. 9 to 2 at quarter time the game was as good as over. My Dad tells me it's not cheating, it's just bad luck / random. So by the laws of probability, we should get 9 to 2 free kicks in the first quarter every week for the rest of my life I think... You'd think that we couldn't lose next week but I think we'll be penalized for not showing up and have our points docked. The other team won't be though... And Paddy Ryder will be given a goal just because...

On another note, Sidey and Cloke were vomiting on the ground at the start of the third quarter. God I hope gastro had decimated the team this week!! Maybe for the last 4 weeks! : p
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:37 pm

Piesnchess, you can't play injured players!! Might as well ask for Gary Ablett and Jason Wild!! Wink
- Ben
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:37 pm

We were outrun all day. This was always a risk and was likely the reason we went in without Keeffe. Our poor disposal into the 50 just compounded the issue. We were winning the ball then handing it back to them and allowing them to build from defense. Needed to play a more composed game and hit up targets to be in it, as soon as it became a fast break contest we struggled badly.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:38 pm

Brown26 wrote:
Our forward line lacks a lot of class wLeaving nowithout Fasalo and Elliot and Reid. We had more inside 50's for most of the game but never looked like scoring.

With a score of. 9 to 2 at quarter time the game was as good as over. My Dad tells me it's not cheating, it's just bad luck / random. So by the laws of probability, we should get 9 to 2 free kicks in the first quarter every week for the rest of my life I think... You'd think that we couldn't lose next week but I think we'll be penalized for not showing up and have our points docked. The other team won't be though... And Paddy Ryder will be given a goal just because...

On another note, Sidey and Cloke were vomiting on the ground at the start of the third quarter. God I hope gastro had decimated the team this week!! Maybe for the last 4 weeks! : p

Well if that explains it I would be ecstatic.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:39 pm

Brown26 wrote:

That's interesting - i wonder what that was about ?

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:39 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Beast wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
The lack of desperation, and determination, was very, very disappointing from our boys. Dunno why, but their mindset was bad, real bad, the lack of effort, even in a bad loss, was not there, no effort really. I suggest at least five changes post bye, at least we have a week off to reassess and reload again after that shocker. Both blair and swan must be rested, swan is definitely injured, hes too good a player to play llike this. Our ins must be at least Elliott, Reid, Martin, Karnezis, our forward line needs a big revamp now. Keefe should never have been dropped, Maxy was way too short for the guy he was on, our coaching staff need a big kick over that debacle at the selection table. Hopefully, we can freshen up the team with five changes or so, reload, and come out with a whole new attitude against the crows, post bye, nothing else we can do actually, other than that. sigh.

STFU you sad, glass half empty sack.
\

I trust you are being sarcastic, im the glass half full type mate, but that loss, was pretty galling, even for me. I think I made some pretty positive statements bout what should happen next week though, I trust you think the forward line needs a big revamp too. Shocked Confused

I agree Piesnchess. That was a most disappointing and insipid display by the Pies. I am the first one to say that we are a young and developing team but that was just a pathetic display, Poor balls skill and lack of intensity. We never ever look like we were going to challenge them. Essenscum deserved the win without question.

As for the umpires. What can I say.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:40 pm

I know magirl, too much to hope for I think! Though they wouldn't have been vomiting from exhaustion that's for sure!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Brown26 wrote:
Piesnchess, you can't play injured players!! Might as well ask for Gary Ablett and Jason Wild!! Wink
- Ben

Isnt Reid nearly right, its two weeks remember ?. Martin is fit and firing isn't he, and Elliott will be cherry ripe for sure. Not sure about Karnezis, but could be worth a shot, we must revamp this forward structure pronto. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
tomhacker38 

Post subject: Coaching/RecruitmentReply with quote

Another disaster today...

Hand up the bonehead who recruited Q Lynch & Dud Jesse White??

Secondly, sad to say the players are not giving their all for Buckley as they did for Mick. Yes, cattle is slowly changing & declining but these guys get pampered at Westpac centre and know Buckley just wants to be their mate....

Game plan sucks!!!!!!!!! Keep hand balling until it is turned over?????

These guys should be ashamed but they're not. Why? They have a TV show every Wednesday night and all the perks in the world. Why get hurt when you know the $$$$ in the bank??
Embarassed Embarassed
Beast 

Mugwump wrote:
Beast wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Beast wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
We're like a young horse that has given a lot of cheek for the first 1000m, but has compounded at the 600m post, amd it'll be a long way to the line as we watch other silks go past us.

The 2014 post-mortems start now. Looking ahead, a lot depends on whether Scharenberg and Freeman can eventually get on the park and whether they prove top 10 quality, and whether the likes of Langdon, Kennedy, Keefe Witts, Seedsman, Adams et al have another level, or whether they are just journeymen footballers.

Lappin must go, after the performance of the forward line this year. So should the "fitness" genius who has delivered more soft-tissue injuries than WWI. Buckley has another year to turn the ship around, though I'm not sure he has the playing crew to do so. For the team, week after next we bring in Martin, Reid, Keefe Broomhead and Elliott, and stick to this combination until the year mercifully ends.

Why so negative all of a sudden mate, aren't you supposed to be a true Pies supporter that does not dare to question anything our Club does while lambasting everyone who does? Embarassed

You said Essendon by plenty. You were right. I'm sure that makes you happy.

Umm...I didn't actually post any predictions at all but thought we'd struggle but not to this extent.
And no us getting humiliated like this doesn't make me happy, can't say the same about exposing hypocrites.

You're right - i apologise - it was Eddiesmith. I knew it was an obnoxious know-all who likes to abuse other posters, I just got the wrong one. Now, since you are invoking hypocrisy, if you can point out where I've lambasted anyone with a personal attack, apart from immediately above in reaction, i'd be suprised and grateful. After you've done that you can sign off with the gracious "STfU" that you used to Piesnchess a few pages ago.

You've had a fair few cracks at me over the last couple of years while always riding that very high horse and you know it.
My turn to return the favour.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:42 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Brown26 wrote:

That's interesting - i wonder what that was about ?

Probably told they would be watching a full replay of the game immediately after.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:43 pm

magirl wrote:
Brown26 wrote:

Well if that explains it I would be ecstatic.

I'd be disappointed of we look for an excuse rather than face up to the problem. If we don't acknowledge the problem, we won't improve.

Time to play only in form players. Reward those busting an arse to play senior football. If you don't perform in the ones, you are in the twos. Don't perform in the twos, then you stay there.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:43 pm

Mugwump wrote:
piedys wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Lappin must go, after the performance of the forward line this year. So should the "fitness" genius who has delivered more soft-tissue injuries than WWI. Buckley has another year to turn the ship around, though I'm not sure he has the playing crew to do so...

Buckley has another year to turn the ship around? Huh? His f*cking contract got extended by McGuire earlier this year did it not?
We are stuck with Buckley until McGuire's head rolls in the boardroom.

I meant that, if there is no progress within a year, we pay the dosh and terminate. Whether Eddie could bite that bullet is, I agree, debatable.

Exactly sir! But what my point should have emphisied was that there should never have been an extension earlier this year in the first place. That's simply the club holding itself to long-term financial ransom over a decision that didn't need to be fast-tracked. So by giving Buckley the arse at end of 2015, we would have to falk out exactly how much per annum for the duration of that contract? Even those idiots at Essendon only cost themselves what 2 years salary over Matthew Knights? And don't start me on that retard Tim Neilsen's ACA contract payout....

Dyso
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:45 pm

Reid is 2 weeks away we just have to resuscitate him first after he pulled up dead after the VFL game.. Wink seriously though 3/4 of footy, then a bye, he won't be ready for 3 or 4 weeks I wouldn't think. Karnezis did his hammy at training on Friday I think? (In the VFL forum) so hold off there, who knows how long he'll be out, hopefully not long. Fas played 3/4 of VFL, might be right, might need another week.

Martin is a rookie still, waiting upgrade when we, ironically, get an injury : p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16   

Jump to: