Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

POO I tell you .... pooooooooo
Tpaxava 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Redlight wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Th "perceptive fellow" will hate this, but here goes.

Unlike the Essendon game, that was not as bad as I feared. Reid, an AA player, was way off the pace. So too was Martin, who will take time to adjust to the big league. We are now completely without Swan and Maxwell. We were playing a bunch of kids with very limited AfL experience against a battle-hardened Crows side, and we showed, as expected, the effects of fatigue after a long season with a very young list. We're cooked for 2014, but i think we're developing a next generation that can take us into the future, and I expect us to improve as Reid gets back to fitness and form, Scharenberg arrives, and Swan recovers. Meanwhile, Broomy will be a player, Taylor Adams is a ball-getter, Witts will continue to grow, and in a more functional forward line, Jamie Elliott will be a matchwinner.

It wasn't what I hoped for, but it wasn't a disaster, looking to the future.

...and the future is bright, I think people are forgetting how inexperienced this side is and how few senior games many have played.

Marley Williams 32
Jack Frost 19
Tom Langdon 16
Lachlan Keeffe 35
Kyle Martin 5
Jamie Elliott 50
Jarrod Witts 22
Taylor Adams 11
Tim Broomhead 3
Paul Seedsman 35
Ben Kennedy 18

I'm pretty sure he has played more than 11 games...

To be honest, I'm more concerned with the experienced players!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:10 pm

**** **** double fuckem ****!!
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:13 pm

jg22 wrote:
A team of kids having a red hot crack and I loved watching it. Yep, the disposal is infuriating at times, but the glimmers are there. Jacobs is a class act and dominated giving his onballers an armchair ride. It was boys against men in so many areas, but I was happy with them busting their arses. Broomhead keeps developing, Reidy will be better for the run, Marley did a great job on big pants (apart from the two joe the goose goals) and Lachie Keefe owned Jenkins. We're coming, not this year, maybe not next, but we are definitely coming.

Yeah, they gave it a red hot go right to the end. Many had never played together before and given the skilled, fierce and unforgiving opposition it was a commendable effort by players and the coach. Nothing about this loss to be ashamed about.

It is unfair to criticise this team for not redeeming the gutless efforts of now omitted senior players from earlier this season. If Maxwell, Swan, Ball and Tooves had of been playing it would been a full blown disaster like the previous loss to Essendon.

Finals hopes are still alive too.

Carry on.

Last edited by Woods on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:21 pm

Its going to be hard to win the GF from outside the 8.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:22 pm

Get humiliated by Essendope and produce a deplorable first quarter and lucky to still be in the game at the first break.
Directionless, skill-less, lacking confidence, comradery, class and are only staying in the games on the back of an effort which is a week to week proposition. This is Buckley's team now.
That pipe dream of becoming a force in 2 years time looks more laughable by the minute. Our best possible scenario will be having a fifth or sixth best list in the league by that stage if we're lucky which will most likely be offset by Buckley's complete lack of coaching nous anyway.
Dark times ahead, good thing we'll have all the positive glass half full sacks help us get through them with their comedy routine.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:24 pm

Beast wrote:

Dark times ahead, good thing we'll have all the positive glass half full sacks help us get through them with their comedy routine.

I knew Lazza and Piesnchess were good for something. Razz Wink Laughing

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:25 pm

Someone said it last game...cue the Benny Hill music. I found myself having to laugh at times at our poor passages of play. Better to laugh than cry!
Is there a stat on how many links in a chain of possession? Would we have held the ball for more than 4 possessions in a row tonight?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Th "perceptive fellow" will hate this, but here goes.

Unlike the Essendon game, that was not as bad as I feared. Reid, an AA player, was way off the pace. So too was Martin, who will take time to adjust to the big league. We are now completely without Swan and Maxwell. We were playing a bunch of kids with very limited AfL experience against a battle-hardened Crows side, and we showed, as expected, the effects of fatigue after a long season with a very young list. We're cooked for 2014, but i think we're developing a next generation that can take us into the future, and I expect us to improve as Reid gets back to fitness and form, Scharenberg arrives, and Swan recovers. Meanwhile, Broomy will be a player, Taylor Adams is a ball-getter, Witts will continue to grow, and in a more functional forward line, Jamie Elliott will be a matchwinner.

It wasn't what I hoped for, but it wasn't a disaster, looking to the future.

Yep, saddies mistake our optimism for the future as satisfaction with our current output. They assume that because this is what we are producing, our future is bleak, naive in the extreme.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:34 pm

Well that's season over then, don't deserve to play finals with our last 10 weeks

The thing I don't understand is why so often we kick it long to a 1 on 1 deep in our forward line, the target fails to mark it but brings it to ground and off the defenders run with no issue as there is no Collingwood player anywhere near the fall of the ball.

We had enough of the ball today and definitely received enough free kicks in front of goal but our finishing all over the ground is poor and decision making even worse. Plus we are a very slow side
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:36 pm

What happened to enough of the ball and received enough free kicks in front of goal but our finishing all over the ground is poor and decision making worse ?
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:37 pm

Personally, I don't have much to say about tonights game.

I don't blame Bucks and I don't blame the other coaches (well most).

I blame the players for extremely poor execution of basic ball handling skills and players not being able to read a kick and running under them.

Our back line is so bloody young and inexperienced that they will get exposed often, in the first few years.

Maxwell was an awesome captain. When Maxwell was on field you had confidence the players were going to be lead by a leader who knew what he was talking about and who backed the players.

I don't see that any more and I feel not having that type of leadership on the field is going to do more damage in the short term, than blaming Bucks or the coaches... well that and our ball handling skills.

Is Pendles the right person for the job, looking externally and on field - none of us are sure what goes on in the club.

I don't feel we have many good users of the footy.

Keefe doing the kick ins, please!

Last edited by Brenny on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Goldy was down back, he should be doing the kick ins
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:41 pm

didick wrote:
Someone said it last game...cue the Benny Hill music. I found myself having to laugh at times at our poor passages of play. Better to laugh than cry!
Is there a stat on how many links in a chain of possession? Would we have held the ball for more than 4 possessions in a row tonight?

quote of the year by defende!

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:44 pm

its sad to witness the slow and descending slide that were on, with so many
other teams racing in the right direction toward the end of the year, where we are going backwards. the improvement of every team is pronounced, except us!
we are such a boring team to watch. the turn overs are laughable and mostly
predictable. anyone who plays us knows that we panic under pressure and will hand ball to the hot spot then fumble and hand it straight over with out a
whimper. our middle tier players that have retained there contracts under bucks have fooled him in believing that they want to play under him and will
meet all criteria that is required of them. they don't give a **** about the jumper they wear. happy/content they got one in the bag.
we need grunt in the middle with skill and speed but most important we need heart. players of the elliott mould, guys who never had it good and those who understand that no matter who you are or what side of the tracks you come from you never take anything for granted.we lack heart.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13   

Jump to: