Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies punish Port - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought some of you might like Buckleys tweet...

Quote:
So much quieter on my feed tonight! Suppose that happens when we perform. Keep supporting our boys. Plenty to come. #sidebyside

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Big T wrote:
Armstrong 100% kicking efficiency

Looked a lot better in the AFL then he does in the VFL

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:30 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
Thought some of you might like Buckleys tweet...

Quote:
So much quieter on my feed tonight! Suppose that happens when we perform. Keep supporting our boys. Plenty to come. #sidebyside

Quick to knock em, not so quick to support em?

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Last edited by September Zeros on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:35 pm

Quote:
Adams, best game for us. Still turns it over but he'll improve with age.

Some Disposal where not great but also had some very good Kics

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:39 pm

An excellent, gutsy win. We were on top all game, and really, Port were lucky to get as close as they did. Won it through the midfield by dominating the clearances for the first half. Port evened the overall number later, but we remained dominant in the centre with 13-5, that has not happened in a while.

Beams was clearly best on ground with his 10 clearances. Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Adams were all excellent in the midfield. But I'd also not forget Dwyer who had 24 touches at 83% and did a lot of very good linkup work. And while Witts only had 7 touches, he did have 5 clearances which is very good to see.

Up forward Cloke and Elliott had 10 and 9 marks respectively and presented as quality targets all night.

Frost was solid as usual down back and Langdon bounced back to some of his best form.

Armstrong was excellent in his debut. His composure after so much time between senior appearances was remarkable. 17 touches at 100%. Can not ask any more than that, and was never exposed defensively by his opponent either.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:40 pm

Nicola the bald head ump is a prick I think port has hit the wall
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:52 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
An excellent, gutsy win. We were on top all game, and really, Port were lucky to get as close as they did. Won it through the midfield by dominating the clearances for the first half. Port evened the overall number later, but we remained dominant in the centre with 13-5, that has not happened in a while.

Beams was clearly best on ground with his 10 clearances. Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Adams were all excellent in the midfield. But I'd also not forget Dwyer who had 24 touches at 83% and did a lot of very good linkup work. And while Witts only had 7 touches, he did have 5 clearances which is very good to see.

Up forward Cloke and Elliott had 10 and 9 marks respectively and presented as quality targets all night.

Frost was solid as usual down back and Langdon bounced back to some of his best form.

Armstrong was excellent in his debut. His composure after so much time between senior appearances was remarkable. 17 touches at 100%. Can not ask any more than that, and was never exposed defensively by his opponent either.

Agreed. Also, I thought Lumumba gave us great run through the centre, particularly in the fist half. In the absence of Swanny, his quick bursting play is vital around the packs.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:07 pm

A great gutsy win. Very proud of the boys.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:07 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Agreed. Also, I thought Lumumba gave us great run through the centre, particularly in the fist half. In the absence of Swanny, his quick bursting play is vital around the packs.

Yep, Lumumba was good and Broomhead played his best game as well. Liking the better balance between ball winning and running ability at the moment.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:08 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Great win and more than happy to be proved wrong about Armstrong. Still, we look too light against genuine opposition and need to bulk up against the likes of Geelong and Hawthorn. Don't want to diminish the win in any way, but Port look shot to me. West Coast will be waiting for us next week, so expect a very difficult game. Essential to bring back Ball and Toovey to have any chance. Broomhead is going to be an absolute star so should stay in the 22 for keeps now.

Toovey yes, Ball no. We simply cannot afford to have a slow midfielder in our team. The only time i'd play Ball again is if its raining heavily and pace is not a factor, but strength and smarts are.

Loving seeing you attempt to justify your "Ball is finished waffle" just like Tannin's "Sidebottom is inconsistent and replaceable" Laughing
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:09 pm

^^And what about your "we're no chance to make finals" waffle? Any chance you'll eat that one now? Wink

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:09 pm

Great stuff. had to work today. Got about ha;f the call on the radio on the way home.

It will be good if anyone can provide a detailed synopsis of the game.

Sounds like Broomhead & Adams played well from the radio call. Sounds like Langdon too did well.

How did Witts go today?

Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:12 pm

The gritty performance that was our last yelp for the season came a week later than I expected.
Broomy justifying my rating is the only real positive to come out of the game.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Beast wrote:
The gritty performance that was our last yelp for the season came a week later than I expected.
Broomy justifying my rating is the only real positive to come out of the game.

Must be some chance of finals though. If we can grit out a win against the Eagles next week, then it's Brisbane and GWS. Win both of those and we are a definite chance of finals. It's hardly fantasy stuff.

Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:27 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^And what about your "we're no chance to make finals" waffle? Any chance you'll eat that one now? Wink

I will when we do make the finals Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: