Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Eagles pulverise Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
WE could always recruit Mitch Robinson, at least he is a brawler and knows how to swing a good ol haymaker, we could use his balls and grunt right about now. !

I'm telling ya, you could get Robbo and Gartlett for a 2 for 1 steal at the end of the year, fair swap for Blair

Laughing Yeh, knowing the old man, he just might be silly enough to fall for it. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:08 pm

[quote="Piesnchess"]WE could always recruit Mitch Robinson, at least he is a brawler and knows how to swing a good ol haymaker, we could use his balls and grunt right about now. ![/quote]

I'm telling ya, you could get Robbo and Gartlett for a 2 for 1 steal at the end of the year, fair swap for Blair
Right now? When is [quotePiesnchess]WE could recruit Mitch Robinson he not a brawler and knows how to swing a good ol haymaker we could use his balls and grunt right about?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:09 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
WE could always recruit Mitch Robinson, at least he is a brawler and knows how to swing a good ol haymaker, we could use his balls and grunt right about now. !

that is funny!

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:11 pm

I thought we'd lose and we did. I'm wondering how many of the bile spewing Nicksters also tipped wc?
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:12 pm

I just tried a Seinfeld repeat. Best therapy after that rubbish today.

2010 - 1st
2011 - 2nd
2012 - 4th
2013 - 8th
2014 - 12th (most likely)
2015 - 16th would complete the pattern (it's not totally impossible, others are improving, we're not)

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:12 pm

I don't know where to start. I can accept losing but when we are served up this kind of insipid, gutless, half hearted effort I cringe for the future.
Playing kids is fine but surely they need guidance and support from the senior players and coaching staff.
We need to take a long hard look at our list now until the end of the season and get ready to make some hard calls on at least 8 players (IMO) and be ready for a rebuild to be incontention from 2017 onwards.
White, Blair, Young, H, Fas are under the pump. Yes I know Fas has been injured a bit and is playing in a new position but his efforts are truly lacking.
Ball, Lynch, Hudson appear gone
I'm actually for the first time really worried about where we are at.
I've been making excuses for the young players and coach but after today's effort no more from me.
I actually fear ext week because the lions where embarrassed today with a young side as well but they have shown this year they hit back hard we don't.
There run will kill us based on today's effort.
I think missing the finals would be a good thing because if we make it it will appear we have had a "decent year" when infact we have been so poor at times it's scarey.
Well the "perceptive fellow" will be out in force this week and rightly so. Today proved they are more close to being right than people like me who have been supporting the players and coach.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:15 pm

mudlark wrote:
To say I'm devastated is an under statement. I have been reading the comments today and notwithstanding the disgraceful performance of the "Umpires"??? ,equally disgraceful,considering it would cement a finals position,was the effort of most of the players. There was no heart,apart from a reasonable 2nd qtr,poor disposal,which has been a Collingwood trait now for years and a sense we have once again dropped the ball on recruiting.
I watched every kick of the game and to be blunt ,I feel humiliated to be a Collingwood supporter today. I have been a member of Collingwood for 25 years and I will not be renewing my membership next year. The club has lost it's soul and it doesn't need the likes of me,who yearns for the days when Collingwood at least turned up to play,regardless of the talent.
I'm totally turned off by the modern game and the umpiring??? Nothing more to said there. I know we have had unimaginable injuries and we've played more youngsters than anyone else,but enough is enough for me.There comes a time for everything and I'm going to play golf.FOOORREEE!!!!

Mudlark, I think you need to rethink. The test of a true Collingwood supporter is whether or not you will stay with the team during the hard times. It's easy for anyone to be a hard core supporter when you are near the top of the ladder. But the true grit is tested now. Yes we are down. But if you throw out your membership card now, then you are not of the same ilk as you demand from our players.
Your last line is a contradiction. You say..yes we have had unimaginable injuries and yes we have played more young players than anyone else...but "enough is enough" even so!! Precisely for the reasons you have stated, our performances will necessarily be at times below par.
Tonight was, I agree, too far below par to be acceptable, but we have to stay firm and support our team as they seek out the answers and fight to reload for next week. When our young guys start to burn in 2 years time, I want to be able to say "Yes, I deserve this happiness because I was there, supporting our team, even when they weren't winning.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:16 pm

And if anyone is still deceiving themselves with those promises of bright future just watch the replay of the Dogs/Saints game to see how much behind those 2 sides we'll be in the next couple of years.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:21 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
mudlark wrote:
To say I'm devastated is an under statement. I have been reading the comments today and notwithstanding the disgraceful performance of the "Umpires"??? ,equally disgraceful,considering it would cement a finals position,was the effort of most of the players. There was no heart,apart from a reasonable 2nd qtr,poor disposal,which has been a Collingwood trait now for years and a sense we have once again dropped the ball on recruiting.
I watched every kick of the game and to be blunt ,I feel humiliated to be a Collingwood supporter today. I have been a member of Collingwood for 25 years and I will not be renewing my membership next year. The club has lost it's soul and it doesn't need the likes of me,who yearns for the days when Collingwood at least turned up to play,regardless of the talent.
I'm totally turned off by the modern game and the umpiring??? Nothing more to said there. I know we have had unimaginable injuries and we've played more youngsters than anyone else,but enough is enough for me.There comes a time for everything and I'm going to play golf.FOOORREEE!!!!

Mudlark, I think you need to rethink. The test of a true Collingwood supporter is whether or not you will stay with the team during the hard times. It's easy for anyone to be a hard core supporter when you are near the top of the ladder. But the true grit is tested now. Yes we are down. But if you throw out your membership card now, then you are not of the same ilk as you demand from our players.
Your last line is a contradiction. You say..yes we have had unimaginable injuries and yes we have played more young players than anyone else...but "enough is enough" even so!! Precisely for the reasons you have stated, our performances will necessarily be at times below par.
Tonight was, I agree, too far below par to be acceptable, but we have to stay firm and support our team as they seek out the answers and fight to reload for next week. When our young guys start to burn in 2 years time, I want to be able to say "Yes, I deserve this happiness because I was there, supporting our team, even when they weren't winning.

The problem is, there is a genuine and growing feeling that the club doesn't really give a toss anymore, like they are just taking the piss and there as a business to make money and provide golden spoon facilities for the elite. They are living well off your membership money and they know it.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:24 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Laughing Yeh, knowing the old man, he just might be silly enough to fall for it. Razz

Malthouse is far too smart to take Blair unless he wins on the deal somehow. Robinson and Garlett for Blair? You got to be kidding, no even Tony Abbott would try selling that as a good deal.

And I wouldn't be poking your tongue out about Malthouse right now. Not with the way Spudley is coaching us.

DT 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:24 pm

Basically, we are too young to sustain the effort needed across the season. Add to that key injuries and the season is a write off even if we sneak into 8th spot.

Should be better next year. The twos played well.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:28 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Malthouse is far too smart to take Blair unless he wins on the deal somehow. Robinson and Garlett for Blair? You got to be kidding, no even Tony Abbott would try selling that as a good deal.

And I wouldn't be poking your tongue out about Malthouse right now. Not with the way Spudley is coaching us.

With a 4-0 lead to bucks v MM, id say bucks has done pretty well against the old bloke. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Life of Pie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:33 pm

I know, that like most supporters we tend to have a one-eyed view of umpiring. Lots of decisions can be 50/50.
However....Did they really kick about 8 goals from frees?
Did they really get 3 frees to our one?
I don't think I've ever seen a free for deliberate out of bounds like that one which led to a goal.
I went from fuming to laughing. I had to turn the sound down as the commentary was nauseating.
Perhaps its me, but could you really overturn Beamsy goal on the evidence.
Sssshhhh
Anyway. Deep breath. Next week.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:34 pm

DT wrote:
Basically, we are too young to sustain the effort needed across the season. Add to that key injuries and the season is a write off even if we sneak into 8th spot.

Should be better next year. The twos played well.

Our youngsters aren't the problem, the middle tear players are.
Eagles had more injuries coming in and have lost 2 players during the game.

Myths busted.
woodisgood Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:35 pm

blackandwhite4life wrote:
I just tried a Seinfeld repeat. Best therapy after that rubbish today.

2010 - 1st
2011 - 2nd
2012 - 4th
2013 - 8th
2014 - 12th (most likely)
2015 - 16th would complete the pattern (it's not totally impossible, others are improving, we're not)

Following StKilda's pattern, about a season behind.

Winston Churchill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: