Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Lions swamp Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one thing to say about that loss..

LOL!

But its alright, people get called "perceptive fellow" when they predict we will lose games like this...
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:56 am

I was there tonight and stayed the whole game but that was deplorable from start to finish.

I understand that there were injuries, I understand that we're young in terms of games average so we shouldn't be expecting top 4 finishes, but no one can justify and defend Buckley's inept coaching strategy with constant zone defences which haven't worked since he became coach rather than simple man-on-man football and no one can excuse the poor basic skills error we constantly make.

I doubt we'll win another match all year with all those injuries but I guess that's a blessing in disguise as it can mean we can do some soul-searching, regroup and make the necessary changes to improve ourselves in 2015 and beyond. I was pessimistic at the start of the year and then we had a false dawn with a good start to the year but this year has been terrible to say the least (especially the last two months).

Tonight was the worst I've seen us play since the 2004-2005 days. Despite all of this, loyalty needs to be upheld and we have to stick with the club no matter how hard it might be in the future. These lean years are character building for any supporter and will only make us appreciate the good times when they do arise again. Some of us seem to have forgotten that we need to stick together as a club no matter how deplorable things may be at the moment. I understand we're emotional and angry and fair enough but I plead to supporters to not jump off the club and ditch them in this tough time.

Overall, just a shocking night and one to forget.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:09 am

Not a good one from us last night. But nothing over the last few weeks is going to recast my opinion on the season. For a while now I've had an eye on either making the 8 or dropping down the ladder as far as possible. Now all attention is on the latter. This season is over, the best we can do now is finish as low as possible and hope that we're lucky enough to take Moore as a second rounder.
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:41 am

It was all over after the Gold Coast loss. This club is a shambles. Eddie has to go. And Buckley. It's one thing losing games but to cop such a shellacking from a team that ended up losing by over 100 points the previous week is attrocious. Even Richmond is playing better than us. WTF is happening at this club?
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:41 am

It was all over after the Gold Coast loss. This club is a shambles. Eddie has to go. And Buckley. It's one thing losing games but to cop such a shellacking from a team that ended up losing by over 100 points the previous week is attrocious. Even Richmond is playing better than us. WTF is happening at this club?
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:49 am

Apart from the usual tired poop from the eddiesmith and defender, I haven't heard any updates not the injuries tonight??

Would have thought it would have been mentioned but I understand quite a few of the "current posters" have their agendas of failure to uphold. But anyone know any details?

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:50 am

GUTTED!
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:51 am

I don't think we can blame Buckley for this disaster. If you lose: Elliot, Pendlebury, Reid, Cloke and Beames in one game, there is nothing any coach could do. It was a total catastrophe that ends our season.
However, our intensity and abililty to man up on the opposition was really weak. Even without key players, we should have been able to be at the ball at the same time as the opposition. The fact that we were completely unable to do this was very disappointing, and we must ask: is this a fault in the coaching?
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:52 am

Yes I am bitterly disappointed with tonight's result but the injuries certainly didn't help.

2014 has been a very interesting year to say the least but I am not going to rubbish those at the club who control our team. Who am I to say who is not doing their job or even who is not good at their job. It is very easy to bitch and complain about what we don't know. I trust the club to make these decisions.

I will stick by all at the club - coaches, fitness staff, board the pres. - everybody. They are in their positions for a very good reason - the club believes in them. This is the type of year that should make us stronger, more determined to be better next year.

We have some exciting draft prospects to look forward to playing next year. We are getting games into young guys which will stand us in good stead for the future. It is extremely difficult to be a top team every year and there has to be downers - we are having one now.

"Side by Side" - a fantastic motto. "Us Against Them" - we all bloody know it is!! Shame same supporters feel the need to feed on our own.

I am not saying we cannot vent our feelings at times (we have to, we all get angry - we all want to win) but we need to have faith in the club and the staff. Swings and roundabouts. Good times bad times.

We must stand by our club

Go Pies!

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:53 am

Yes I am bitterly disappointed with tonight's result but the injuries certainly didn't help.

2014 has been a very interesting year to say the least but I am not going to rubbish those at the club who control our team. Who am I to say who is not doing their job or even who is not good at their job. It is very easy to bitch and complain about what we don't know. I trust the club to make these decisions.

I will stick by all at the club - coaches, fitness staff, board the pres. - everybody. They are in their positions for a very good reason - the club believes in them. This is the type of year that should make us stronger, more determined to be better next year.

We have some exciting draft prospects to look forward to playing next year. We are getting games into young guys which will stand us in good stead for the future. It is extremely difficult to be a top team every year and there has to be downers - we are having one now.

"Side by Side" - a fantastic motto. "Us Against Them" - we all bloody know it is!! Shame same supporters feel the need to feed on our own.

I am not saying we cannot vent our feelings at times (we have to, we all get angry - we all want to win) but we need to have faith in the club and the staff. Swings and roundabouts. Good times bad times.

We must stand by our club

Go Pies!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:03 am

September Zeros wrote:
Apart from the usual tired poop from the eddiesmith and defender, I haven't heard any updates not the injuries tonight??

Would have thought it would have been mentioned but I understand quite a few of the "current posters" have their agendas of failure to uphold. But anyone know any details?

I dare say it's more because the club wouldn't even know for sure yet let alone us.

So far we believe Beams has done his PCL in his knee, Cloke has an ankle injury, Reid a hamstring, Pendles a quad and Elliott hamstring tightness.

Oh and we believe that Armstrong on having just played two games on the one day will expire sometime around Wednesday.

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:08 am

swoop42 wrote:

Oh and we believe that Armstrong on having just played two games on the one day will expire sometime around Wednesday.

What a great effort by Armstrong. I dips me lid to him. Well done indeed!

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:09 am

swoop42 wrote:
September Zeros wrote:

I dare say it's more because the club wouldn't even know for sure yet let alone us.

So far we believe Beams has done his PCL in his knee, Cloke has an ankle injury, Reid a hamstring, Pendles a quad and Elliott hamstring tightness.

Lol thanks swoop. My biggest concern tonight is injuries that may roll into 2015. Would suck to start behind the eight ball again.

It's bad enough with our questionable game plan and kids playing without the injuries on top. Just makes it all that much harder to click together.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:16 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Not a good one from us last night. But nothing over the last few weeks is going to recast my opinion on the season. For a while now I've had an eye on either making the 8 or dropping down the ladder as far as possible. Now all attention is on the latter. This season is over, the best we can do now is finish as low as possible and hope that we're lucky enough to take Moore as a second rounder.

Lol that's lame. And even if we get this supposedly talented kid, with our current skills development regime, it's more than likely he'll be missing targets and kicking wildly aimed points in no time at all.

winterstick 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:45 am

While I admire what TA did and played well, Am I to understand that in our whole list we had no one else to play
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11   

Jump to: