Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dale Thomas Brownlow Voting???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BBHS wrote:
My cats name is Daisy and she has been dribbling and dropping her bowl this whole year. Can even fight off the other cat for her food.

It's a sad state of affairs as we paid a fortune for her. Where hoping as she gets older she will become the cat the once was.

Was it Nathan Buckley's fault? Cool

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:10 pm

Daisy was a premiership hero in 2010. Then he bunged up his ankle, undermined Buckley by threatening a pathetic petition to keep MM on for another year, lied to the Magpie Army by telling the kids not to toss away their No.13 jumpers and then took the money and went to the despised enemy. Chris Dawes, Wellingham and Heath Shaw have also been moved on by Bucks, but the difference is they didn't go to Carlton. I respect the different positions stated in this thread, but to me, every time Daisy limps through a game, every time he re-injures his ankle, every time he is humiliated by a Collingwood rookie, I'll smile and feel great satisfaction.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:12 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Daisy was a premiership hero in 2010. Then he bunged up his ankle, undermined Buckley by threatening a pathetic petition to keep MM on for another year, lied to the Magpie Army by telling the kids not to toss away their No.13 jumpers and then took the money and went to the despised enemy. Chris Dawes, Wellingham and Heath Shaw have also been moved on by Bucks, but the difference is they didn't go to Carlton. I respect the different positions stated in this thread, but to me, every time Daisy limps through a game, every time he re-injures his ankle, every time he is humiliated by a Collingwood rookie, I'll smile and feel great satisfaction.

Geez, my thoughts exactly. Totally agree.

Spot on dude.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:21 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Well this is a ridiculous thread. Thomas was hardly a high vote poller at Collingwood either, nor were the other players mentioned. There have been lots of players who have had excellent careers and who hardly polled at all. Twenty games for Thomas coming off a major injury and a low fitness base is a fair effort and its likely he will get better if he remains relatively injury free. However once again The Flasher whips it out with a calculatedly manipulative post and you lot get over excited by the tiny insight he displays. Who knows if Thomas will win a Brownlow or not in his future career? Jeering and crowing because he polled poorly in what was essentially a comeback year after injury proves nothing about his future prospects, but says a lot about The Flasher and his his cheer squad.

What does it say about us <snip - can we give the name-calling a rest, please? Thanks, BBMods.>?

That we like seeing Carlton Football Club with egg on its collective face by paying massive overs for a bloke who likely would've been dropped if MM was selecting a side on form rather than sentiment? You betcha we do.

I'd rather crow and jeer about a Carlton player struggling than doing likewise about the coach of our football club as you fall over yourself to do whenever we lose a game (and yes we all remember how notably conspicuous and pleasant your absence on this forum was when we were winning this year).

I reckon your leaping to the defense of an ordinary Scum player and their coach when you don't have the wherewithal to back the coach of your own football club speaks absolutely volumes about you <snip>.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:07 pm

BBHS wrote:
My cats name is Daisy and she has been dribbling and dropping her bowl this whole year. Can even fight off the other cat for her food.

It's a sad state of affairs as we paid a fortune for her. Where hoping as she gets older she will become the cat the once was.

We named our Cat Daisy also. Kids wont let me change it.
Ive started calling it Pendles.
It was either that or Dollars.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:55 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Blair will probably finish 10th in the Copeland.

Just sayin.

FMD, that's a bit harsh?
After today's bullshit, i'd expect Blair to street the Copeland in now.
Thus reinforcing his air of un-dropability [?] for 2014, and into 2015.
Regardless of how much oxygen he steals on game day.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:00 pm

BBHS wrote:

Most cats that have been to the vets as many times as Daisy would have been euthanized by now.
Sometimes it's just not cost effective to keep sending them back for a nap to treat the same injury time after time...

MJ23 wrote:
We named our Cat Daisy also. Kids wont let me change it.
Ive started calling it Pendles.
It was either that or Dollars.

Pay that cat whatever it wants; we can afford it now.

Dyso

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:05 pm

rocketronnie wrote:

Malthouse: I want Daisy Thomas.
Carlton Salary Cap Managers: Why?
MM: So I can stick it up Buckley and MaGuire
CSCM: Well sure that sounds like a good enough reason to spend X hundred thousand dollars of our precious salary cap on.
Shall we check ihis ankles will be okay going forward?
MM: Well, what do you think?!
CSCM: Go get him Mick

subtle editing of text to give likely scenario of conversation more verbatim credability...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: