Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

More terrorism in France from the religion of peace.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc63 wrote:
David wrote:
Having said that, I'm disappointed by the fact that no-one has criticised the insidious title of this thread, which implies that this crime can be attributed to Islam per se and not extreme Jihadism.

Even by your lofty standards, this is pure, unadulterated tripe.

Just what religion were they representing? Mormon?, Scientology, Jedi?

They were Muslim Extremists, just like 9/11, Sydney & Bali. The sooner everyone just comes out and says it the better. If that results in persecution of Muslims, tough titties.

Islam is not a religion of peace (granted, not many are), it is a religion on murder and hate.

Parts of Islam are very peaceful (see above under asceticism, the sufi's) etc.
Islam is a diverse religion like the other monotheistic ones are.
Not all christians are Pentecostalists & thankfully very few believe in say intelligent design. Not all Christians are Ku Klux Clan or Westboro extremists.

I thought the article I linked written by an Israeli Jewish writer (I think) earlier covered it well: Blame Jihad not Islam:

....Millions of Muslims have nothing to do with terror but hundreds of thousands support jihad, suicide bombings and even the Islamic State. So what can Europe do about it?

"Not all Muslims are terrorists, but almost all terrorists are Muslims," wrote Abdulrahman al-Rashed, the former general manager of the Al-Arabiya television news channel in the important Arabic newspaper Asharq al-Awsat.

This is, in brief, Europe's big dilemma. Millions of Muslims have nothing to do with terror but, according to surveys, hundreds of thousands support jihad, suicide bombings and even the Islamic State. Thousands of them actively join global jihad. And there are few who carry out terror attacks in France. So what can Europe do? How does it cope with this?.....

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4612770,00.html

Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:18 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
David wrote:
Having said that, I'm disappointed by the fact that no-one has criticised the insidious title of this thread, which implies that this crime can be attributed to Islam per se and not extreme Jihadism.

They were Muslim Extremists, just like 9/11, Sydney & Bali. The sooner everyone just comes out and says it the better. If that results in persecution of Muslims, tough titties.

Islam is not a religion of peace (granted, not many are), it is a religion on murder and hate.

Not all christians are Pentecostalists & thankfully very few believe in say intelligent design. Not all Christians are Ku Klux Clan or Westboro extremists.

I thought the article I linked written by an Israeli Jewish writer (I think) earlier covered it well: Blame Jihad not Islam

But, what were these "Jihadists", and the ones from 9/11, Bali etc?
a. Christian, b. Mormon, c. Muslim, d. Jedi

Lock in C Eddie.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:30 pm

Doc63 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
David wrote:

I thought the article I linked written by an Israeli Jewish writer (I think) earlier covered it well: Blame Jihad not Islam

Lock in C Eddie.

Thank you - you win the lounge suite. No one here has said they are not Muslim but that is a pretty simplistic explanation. However, what do you do?

Blame all Muslims for the actions of these nutters, blame all Christians for the actions of the Ku Klux Klan? Blame all Hindu's for the actions of the Hindu nationalists when they kill Muslims? Blame all Israeli's for the actions of redneck jewish right wing religious nutters in the west bank?

What complicates this is the extent of the violent Muslims that you & I are both talking about. The Jihadists, Sunni militants, Shia nutters like the Hezbollah, the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, ISIS / ISIL, Al Nusra, Al AQuaeda.....

I think you missed David's point. Of course they are Muslims however....

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:33 pm

Great post Swoop42! Smile

Pa Marmo wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/national/paris-terror-at-charlie-hebdo-newspaper-aussies-justify-attack/story-e6frfkp9-1227178200371

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/charlie-hebdo-attack-multiple-fatalities-in-french-newspaper-shooting/story-fnh81p7g-1227177729494

No surprises that Junaid Thorne has come out with that comments like that. He's a radical Muslim who preaches hate and intolerance against Westerners and is the type that has radicalised many young Muslim people in the first place.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:36 pm

Jezza wrote:

Pa Marmo wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/national/paris-terror-at-charlie-hebdo-newspaper-aussies-justify-attack/story-e6frfkp9-1227178200371

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/charlie-hebdo-attack-multiple-fatalities-in-french-newspaper-shooting/story-fnh81p7g-1227177729494

No surprises that Junaid Thorne has come out with that comments like that. He's a radical Muslim who preaches hate and intolerance against Westerners and is the type that has radicalised many young Muslim people in the first place.

& the ones that Pentecostalists love to quote ad nauseam. The selectivity is remarkable.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:42 pm

Breaking news: they've apparently identified the location of the two gunmen.

A bomb goes off at Kebab house near a Mosque in (Nathan) Lyon.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk

http://www.news.com.au/world/two-brothers-named-in-paris-charlie-hebdo-terror-attack-team-as-police-raid-reims-paris-apartments/story-fndir2ev-1227177972954

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:44 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Pa Marmo wrote:

& the ones that Pentecostalists love to quote ad nauseam. The selectivity is remarkable.

and us fundamental, bible prechin, hell fire, chicken eatin, independant baptists

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:50 pm

Pa Marmo wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Pa Marmo wrote:

and us fundamental, bible prechin, hell fire, chicken eatin, independant baptists

My signature mate Kinky Friedman - he of the animal rescue ranch in Utopia Texas once went so far as to become a Southern Baptist ( Moral majority fundamentalists) and is quoted as saying:

I even went so far as to become a Southern Baptist for a while, until I realized that they didn't hold 'em under long enough. Razz Wink

He also said:

May the God of your choice bless and keep you. I respect Him as long as He does not circumcise me anymore. Wink Smile

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:54 pm

Do French police carry hand guns?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:55 pm

watt price tully wrote:
[quote="Pa Marmo"][quote="watt price tully"][quote="Jezza"]Great post Swoop42! Smile

[quote="Pa Marmo"]http://www.news.com.au/national/paris-terror-at-charlie-hebdo-newspaper-aussies-justify-attack/story-e6frfkp9-1227178200371

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/charlie-hebdo-attack-multiple-fatalities-in-french-newspaper-shooting/story-fnh81p7g-1227177729494[/quote]
No surprises that Junaid Thorne has come out with that comments like that. He's a radical Muslim who preaches hate and intolerance against Westerners and is the type that has radicalised many young Muslim people in the first place.[/quote]

& the ones that Pentecostalists love to quote ad nauseam. The selectivity is remarkable.[/quote]

and us fundamental, bible prechin, hell fire, chicken eatin, independant baptists[/quote]

My signature mate Kinky Friedman - he of the animal rescue ranch in Utopia Texas once went so far as to become a Southern Baptist ( Moral majority fundamentalists) and is quoted as saying:

I even went so far as to become a Southern Baptist for a while, until I realized that they didn't hold 'em under long enough. Razz Wink

He also said:

May the God of your choice bless and keep you. I respect Him as long as He does not circumcise me anymore. Wink Smile
When did you go so as to become a Southern Baptist for a while until he or she realized that they didn't hold 'em under long enough?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:02 pm

"Religion, a medieval form of unreason, when combined with modern weaponry, becomes a real threat to our freedoms"-Salman Rushdie
laird 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:06 pm

To those stating such things as how many Christians do or do not believe in intelligent design or how many Christians are such and such, follow such and such or do this or that.

How many of the many millions of Christians from all over the world, are you familiar with?
How many do you know personally? How many of these Christian households are you visiting? How many Christian churches, church services have you attended recently, ever?

Please stop trying to tell us how many of this or who believes what or what this or that Christian practices or does not practice.
You simply do not have a clue.

And trust me, wikipedia do not know either.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:07 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
David wrote:

Lock in C Eddie.

Thank you - you win the lounge suite. No one here has said they are not Muslim but that is a pretty simplistic explanation. However, what do you do?

Blame all Muslims for the actions of these nutters, blame all Christians for the actions of the Ku Klux Klan? Blame all Hindu's for the actions of the Hindu nationalists when they kill Muslims? Blame all Israeli's for the actions of redneck jewish right wing religious nutters in the west bank?

What complicates this is the extent of the violent Muslims that you & I are both talking about. The Jihadists, Sunni militants, Shia nutters like the Hezbollah, the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, ISIS / ISIL, Al Nusra, Al AQuaeda.....

I think you missed David's point. Of course they are Muslims however....

Wow

Something isn't Buckleys fault

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:17 pm

laird wrote:
To those stating such things as how many Christians do or do not believe in intelligent design or how many Christians are such and such, follow such and such or do this or that.

How many of the many millions of Christians from all over the world, are you familiar with?
How many do you know personally? How many of these Christian households are you visiting? How many Christian churches, church services have you attended recently, ever?

Please stop trying to tell us how many of this or who believes what or what this or that Christian practices or does not practice.

All Christians are not the same Laird as all Muslims are not the same.

What exactly don't I have a clue about in terms of Christianity? Be specific because your words are very general. You found god in a personal way - good luck to you. I studied comparative religion at Uni, I listen regality to the religion report on radio national, & other religious programmes on Radio national & over time have done quite a lot of reading about religion especially christianity. I'm a regular listener to the religion show on Sat night on ABC local radio.

Does that make me more expert than you? No it doesn't
Does that make you more expert than me because you found god ? No it doesn't.

Now be specific with your question because your generalisation can also be said to reflect certain assumptions where you might not know as much as you seem to suggest.

laird 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:38 pm

watt price tully wrote:
laird wrote:

All Christians are not the same Laird as all Muslims are not the same.

What exactly don't I have a clue about in terms of Christianity? Be specific because your words are very general. You found god in a personal way - good luck to you. I studied comparative religion at Uni, I listen regality to the religion report on radio national, & other religious programmes on Radio national & over time have done quite a lot of reading about religion especially christianity. I'm a regular listener to the religion show on Sat night on ABC local radio.

Does that make me more expert than you? No it doesn't
Does that make you more expert than me because you found god ? No it doesn't.

Now be specific with your question because your generalisation can also be said to reflect certain assumptions where you might not know as much as you seem to suggest.

You do not have a clue how many or how few Christians believe in Intelligent design.
You do not have a clue how many Christians do this or do that etc etc.

Do not know why you want to turn this into a pissing contest about who knows more etc.
I do not have a clue how many Christians believe in this or that, think this or that or practice this or that.
Anyone would have to be a farkwit to think they know.

Mate, what I do know is what I know. I could not give a rats what you do or do not know.
It is of zero concern to me.

If you can tell me how many Christians, for example, believe in Intelligent design ( with proof), then great.
I do not know- that is why I do not say such foolish things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15   

Jump to: