Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dasiy Thomas out for the season

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupied wrote:
Eddiesmith logic dictates he was a disaster because we didn't win a premiership with him in the side.

How many Collingwood greats were "disasters" according to this stupid bloody logic over the years?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:21 pm

I feels sorry for him. He finally got over the ankle, had a very good pre-seson & did his shoulder in the first 5 minutes of his first game this year.

For the money he would have been foolish to stay as we could not offer him the same amount. None of us know if he would have left had we offered the same amount as he'd been on prior to leaving & no other club offered him anything.

The MM factor was always going to be significant but that in my view was not the sole determinant of Daisly leaving.

I think a young man making his way in life would be mad to turn down $700,000 a year.

Unfortunately the sport of AFL footy is a business & clubs spit players out like banks sack their employees, quick smart when it doesn't suit their needs.

It's a shame he was injured. Good luck to him & hope he does well in the future (except against us of course)

In his time he was a match winner for us.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:08 pm

didick wrote:
loki04 wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
BHPIE wrote:
Loved him at the Pies,....sad he left though for that price I don't blame him,....I don't think his heart has ever been a Carlton and after his stint I hope he comes
back to the Pies

I don't, his heart was never in Collingwood either, good riddance.

No more Tarrant disasters!

In what world was Tarrant a disaster?

In either stint!

I concur. Taz was great for us in the backline when he returned. I remember him smashing a Dogs player (I think it was Dogs) at Etihad one night on the boundary. Loved it.

At the end of the day, he left and allowed us to improve massively into a premiership team, then just because he is an ex player everyone welcomes him back and we slide down the ladder for the 2 years he was with us.

Hard to see how it was a success...

There is no need to bring back dead wood to the club especially those players who by getting rid of them we improve greatly.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:35 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
didick wrote:
loki04 wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
BHPIE wrote:
Loved him at the Pies,....sad he left though for that price I don't blame him,....I don't think his heart has ever been a Carlton and after his stint I hope he comes
back to the Pies

I don't, his heart was never in Collingwood either, good riddance.

No more Tarrant disasters!

In what world was Tarrant a disaster?

In either stint!

I concur. Taz was great for us in the backline when he returned. I remember him smashing a Dogs player (I think it was Dogs) at Etihad one night on the boundary. Loved it.

At the end of the day, he left and allowed us to improve massively into a premiership team, then just because he is an ex player everyone welcomes him back and we slide down the ladder for the 2 years he was with us.

Hard to see how it was a success...

There is no need to bring back dead wood to the club especially those players who by getting rid of them we improve greatly.

So we slid down the ladder the two years he was with us because of him? And in one of those years we won the minor premiership and made the Grand Final and were pipped because of injuries to others, questionable coaching on the day, and an egocentric coach?

I don't get your point.

I don't recall the other backline players on the market at the time who would have been better than Taz and for the value proposition provided by his availability.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:35 pm

My point is bringing back past players who left for money and premierships doesn't work and people shouldn't mention bringing Daisy back. They want to go elsewhere then good riddance, just because we win a flag because we got rid of them doesn't mean bring them back to experience a flag, it doesn't work that way!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:04 pm

I'd have Daisy back in a flash.....for around $300,000 pa. I'm not sure when his blues contract expires, but his salary will be halved whoever he plays for. He's done the right thing, helping to destroy the blues, so I've got no hard feelings now.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:07 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I'd have Daisy back in a flash.....for around $300,000 pa. I'm not sure when his blues contract expires, but his salary will be halved whoever he plays for. He's done the right thing, helping to destroy the blues, so I've got no hard feelings now.

Same - he is a proven great footballer, with a track record of performing well in big finals, whose value may be slightly lower as a result of a poor injury history. I'd be happy to see the Carlton years as a tragic detour in a great Pies history. Short of beating the bastards by 1 pt in a grand final after coming back from 10 goals down at half time, it'd also be the best way to grind Carlton's face in the dirt.

themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:35 am

watt price tully wrote:
I feels sorry for him. He finally got over the ankle, had a very good pre-seson & did his shoulder in the first 5 minutes of his first game this year.

For the money he would have been foolish to stay as we could not offer him the same amount. None of us know if he would have left had we offered the same amount as he'd been on prior to leaving & no other club offered him anything.

The MM factor was always going to be significant but that in my view was not the sole determinant of Daisly leaving.

I think a young man making his way in life would be mad to turn down $700,000 a year.

Unfortunately the sport of AFL footy is a business & clubs spit players out like banks sack their employees, quick smart when it doesn't suit their needs.

It's a shame he was injured. Good luck to him & hope he does well in the future (except against us of course)

In his time he was a match winner for us.

I don't blame him for leaving, he's body is not 100% yet Carlton (MM) offered him a long term contract with a substantial pay increase.

Do I wish him well? sure, but not on the football field, he is a blue boy now.

Do I want him back? sure, in 2 years assess his body & if salvageable rookie list him.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:53 am

What's he on about 800,000 a year

He has played 4 games + 2 minutes this year so that is about $200,000 a game or 70 disposals at $11428.57 each.

Great investment this has been for Carlton........

I don't feel so bad when I lose a little on the markets now.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:13 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
What's he on about 800,000 a year.

Reportedly around $700,000 to $750,000 a year which makes him Carlton's highest paid player Laughing

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:03 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
My point is bringing back past players who left for money and premierships doesn't work and people shouldn't mention bringing Daisy back. They want to go elsewhere then good riddance, just because we win a flag because we got rid of them doesn't mean bring them back to experience a flag, it doesn't work that way!

Left for money and premierships?? Talk about re-writing history.....

I think you'll find we punted Tarrant over the Nullabor ourselves due to a lack of off-field discipline along with an unhealthy influence over some of our other potentially great players.

The guy basically grew up, came back, and was very good for us in the role he played in his second stint.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:16 pm

Jezza wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

Reportedly around $700,000 to $750,000 a year which makes him Carlton's highest paid player Laughing

Or Carlton's highest paid spectator Surprised

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:27 pm

piedys wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

Or Carlton's highest paid spectator Surprised

That's brilliant!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: