Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Seedsman to Roos?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a great page to read.
Good work by Swoop42 and An Inkling.
I thought some of your views were particularly interesting.
I have said before that Bux is developing a hard as a cats head team.
It now looks like he is developing a straight and conservative team of players.
I don't know whether this is the correct path. But at least it's a direction.
Bring on 2016.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:04 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
This exacting standard looks to be causing a greater level of player turnover than is ideal, but once the "problem" players are weeded out it should make for a strong and committed playing group, very much in the Sydney mold. There is however a danger of taking this too far and being too controlling and too closed off to alternative characters. We could maybe say this of Paul Roos who never embraced attack and flair the way his successor in Longmire did. With this in mind it's not surprising, though still disappointing, that Buckley so quickly dismissed the possibility of signing Harley Bennell, but maybe this is the type of chance Buckley needs to be more open to. I get the feeling that he's not going to become a great coach until he loosens these strings slightly.

Yep. Bucks just can't tolerate anyone who is a little bit different. We miss out of great players because of this. Just imagine how much better we would be with, say, a Dane Swan in the side!

Edit: didn't see RudeBoy's post, which made the same point. Now that I know Rudie agrees with me, I realise that I was probably wrong all along.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:13 pm

Swan is a Collingwood legend though in the same way Bucks was and sits a class above any of Shaw, Beams, Thomas etc.

Move him on at your peril.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:46 am

This is one instance where I prefer Bucks to be conservative and waive any intention to pursue Bennell. Let Hawthorn get him and watch them self destruct like they could easily have done with Garlett.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:19 pm

You would think the Swans would be into him. He's basically Rhyce Shaw re-incarnate
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:18 pm

On Trade Radio, Scott Clayton described Seedsman as "the perfect prototype player" and confirmed GCS will look to recruit him. Not bad when buyers talk up your trade bait.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm

apparently other teams can see the worth in Seedsman, Freeman, Kennedy - probably cause they have some speed.

i know, why don't we keep them then, rather than the McCaffer, Blair, Goldsack, Toovey ...
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:38 pm

BBHS wrote:
You would think the Swans would be into him. He's basically Rhyce Shaw re-incarnate

Yep and we could be making the same mistake twice in getting rid of Seedsman.

We so often lack running players but give up so many with potential. Seedsman's had his problems this year, but is it ever possible to work these out rather than moving a player on? It really does seem we've given up on players too easily in recent years, it needs to stop.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:10 pm

We aren't privy though to what issues the club has with Seedsman and how many countless times they've tried to work with him on them.

From what I can gather they weren't happy with his professionalism when recovering from injury (hip) which has obviously been an ongoing one.

I get the impression he's one of the party boys of Collingwood looking at that photo floating around of him (at Beams or Youngs bucks party?).

It's funny that outside of Sidebottom all the other players have either been moved on or finished the year in the VFL.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:16 pm

Paul (as learned Nickster's should know) lacks the ability to finesse kick, handball or win the ball in tight. His highlights reel is impressive but so are most players.
Excellent trade bait and hoping that the Gold Coast get him as they'll depart with their second rd pick of 21 (approx.) for him vs other clubs like Roos and Crows whose second round selection's are in the 29-34 bracket!

ps: Gold Coast also hold a pick 19 (priority selection) as well! Am sure that could be parlayed into Aish!

Last edited by inxs88 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:34 pm

swoop42 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
BBHS wrote:

Yep and we could be making the same mistake twice in getting rid of Seedsman.

We so often lack running players but give up so many with potential. Seedsman's had his problems this year, but is it ever possible to work these out rather than moving a player on? It really does seem we've given up on players too easily in recent years, it needs to stop.

We aren't privy though to what issues the club has with Seedsman and how many countless times they've tried to work with him on them.

From what I can gather they weren't happy with his professionalism when recovering from injury (hip) which has obviously been an ongoing one.

I get the impression he's one of the party boys of Collingwood looking at that photo floating around of him (at Beams or Youngs bucks party?).

It's funny that outside of Sidebottom all the other players have either been moved on or finished the year in the VFL.

Yes I have seen that picture and I need to get in as many shots as possible about our inability to work with players rather than move them on, just in case Sidey is ever let go Very Happy. If that happens this administration will never have my support again. I won't be abandoning him like you have Dawes Wink.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:49 pm

Has asked to be traded now as reported on trade news.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:34 pm

If we send him to the Roos can we do a straight swap for Ben Brown?
FLAGPIES 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:00 pm

stui magpie wrote:

How about Aaron Black?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Any relative of James Manson (nephew) is worth having. Going out with a friend of my youngest. Lovely guy apparently.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: