Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#33 Rupert Wills

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think better 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out his clearance in the White Takes Flight video on the CFC website. Happens at the 1.09 mark - I reckon his kick travels 65-70 metres out of the centre and White marks it.

Makes his 100 metre goal in the VFL look like less of a fluke!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:00 am

think better wrote:
Check out his clearance in the White Takes Flight video on the CFC website. Happens at the 1.09 mark - I reckon his kick travels 65-70 metres out of the centre and White marks it.

Spot on, no mention of that clearance by the commentators.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:53 am

Culprit wrote:
think better wrote:

Spot on, no mention of that clearance by the commentators.

best clearance kick that I've seen all season.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:01 pm

This kid is crushing it; I have three dog targets for him next week.
Claim those scalps, and will be well on the way to cult-hero status.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:59 pm

think better wrote:

Yeah I thought it was going to hit the roof!

The Rupe - the Rupe - the Rupe is on fire!!!

1892_ 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:16 pm

think better wrote:

That kick was a very similar action to his VFL goal too, he seems to kick more up and under those long kicks resulting in them going a lot higher.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:37 pm

think better wrote:

Which video? I can't find one on the CFC site by that name or anything similar Confused

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:50 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think better wrote:

Which video? I can't find one on the CFC site by that name or anything similar Confused

Match highlights video.
think better 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:00 pm

Rick wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
think better wrote:

Match highlights video.

Yeah appears at 2.50 in the highlights, looks like the White takes flight video has been taken down

Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:13 pm

It's astonishing that a certified d-grader like Goodyear got a look in before Rupe.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:36 pm

think better wrote:
Rick wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
think better wrote:

Match highlights video.

Yeah appears at 2.50 in the highlights, looks like the White takes flight video has been taken down

"White flight" has another meaning....oops

1892_ 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think better wrote:

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2016-08-20/white-takes-flight
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:14 am

That really was an amazing clearance, under pressure on the right with a guy right in his face, and as I'm sure most of you know marking a kick that long on a cold night hurts like a BITCH!
Makes me wanna scream how many guys have turned it up a few notches in the last half dozen. Aish has been a revelation, finally showing exactly what we saw in his first year, DeGoey had his best since the NAB, Willsy has played 3 ridiculously good games, Brodes has become the best young ruck in the game by a mile, Darcy showed JUST what he can do in the last few games, While not as obvious Phillips has shown Plenty, and Crocker is going to be one of the big name forwards, while Smith's 35 touches is insane for a first season. Swanny took a couple years to get 30, and was often called "just a posession getter". We used about 300 guys in 2017, but each debutant for us has shown amazing things. I was a tad surprised not to see more of our first pick Sier, and thought to see more improvement from Goodyear, but he didn't have one.
A couple of weeks left until my least favourite part of the season. Every year I find de-listing time heartbreaking, I know it has to happen, but they do make mistakes. Brayden Shaw was a mistake, he was better than his cousin early, and was emergency several times without getting a single minute. Ugle had talent, as did that blonde No.14?
I long for the old days of 90 guys in the side, everything is so tight now, its frankly ridiculous, the list numbers are just too small. Call Gillo someone!

I hope only the minimum number get dumped this year, it isn't neccesary as we're going to lose a lot of experience. Swanny, Brown, Caff, and Tooves will probably retire, maybe Reid, maybe Goldy, with Trav likely to go elsewhere... Bloody hell, that's over thousand games experience! There's no way that's a good thing! Think about this... we'd have THREE GUYS over a hundred games!!!

Sorry, this is just occuring to me & probably should be a new thread, & it's not a dig at the coach or anyone else, I promise, but seriously, unless I've got my sums wrong, Pendles, Steelo, and Blairy will be our ONLY hundred gamers!!! Stuff me! Someone start a thread, coz I'm off, but this is amazing, were we all aware of this?!!!

Anyway, Wills will be a gun, guaranteed!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
E 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:25 am

35forever wrote:
That really was an amazing clearance, under pressure on the right with a guy right in his face, and as I'm sure most of you know marking a kick that long on a cold night hurts like a BITCH!
Makes me wanna scream how many guys have turned it up a few notches in the last half dozen. Aish has been a revelation, finally showing exactly what we saw in his first year, DeGoey had his best since the NAB, Willsy has played 3 ridiculously good games, Brodes has become the best young ruck in the game by a mile, Darcy showed JUST what he can do in the last few games, While not as obvious Phillips has shown Plenty, and Crocker is going to be one of the big name forwards, while Smith's 35 touches is insane for a first season. Swanny took a couple years to get 30, and was often called "just a posession getter". We used about 300 guys in 2017, but each debutant for us has shown amazing things. I was a tad surprised not to see more of our first pick Sier, and thought to see more improvement from Goodyear, but he didn't have one.
A couple of weeks left until my least favourite part of the season. Every year I find de-listing time heartbreaking, I know it has to happen, but they do make mistakes. Brayden Shaw was a mistake, he was better than his cousin early, and was emergency several times without getting a single minute. Ugle had talent, as did that blonde No.14?
I long for the old days of 90 guys in the side, everything is so tight now, its frankly ridiculous, the list numbers are just too small. Call Gillo someone!

I hope only the minimum number get dumped this year, it isn't neccesary as we're going to lose a lot of experience. Swanny, Brown, Caff, and Tooves will probably retire, maybe Reid, maybe Goldy, with Trav likely to go elsewhere... Bloody hell, that's over thousand games experience! There's no way that's a good thing! Think about this... we'd have THREE GUYS over a hundred games!!!

Sorry, this is just occuring to me & probably should be a new thread, & it's not a dig at the coach or anyone else, I promise, but seriously, unless I've got my sums wrong, Pendles, Steelo, and Blairy will be our ONLY hundred gamers!!! Stuff me! Someone start a thread, coz I'm off, but this is amazing, were we all aware of this?!!!

Anyway, Wills will be a gun, guaranteed!

Wills is promising, no doubt. but I'm not sure whether he will evolve into a Pendlebury talent (like you are suggesting with your use of the word "gun") or a Jack Crisp type talent (i.e., best 22 and very solid AFL player) or whether he will always be a frings player who will paly some games but probably wont play in our next premiership (like Blair).

One thing I know for sure is that De Goey (who is for some odd reason, much maligned on this site, will be a far better player than Wills over the course of his career. he is currently being played as a half forward while he matures and he is now starting to control his zone and his skills are sublime!!!

PS: I will stop mentioning De Goey on every threat when Defender, bob Sugar and the boy who cries wolf stops mentioning buckley on every thread.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:59 am

I'm not sure how good Wills could be, but he certainly shows a lot of promise His one big differentiaed skill seems to be that ability to stand up in a tackle and give it off to a teammate, which would be a very powerful clearance asset. I'm not sure about his overhead capability or pace and those may be limiting factors for him. At the moment I see him as a promising player but unlikely to be a fear factor for the opposition - unless the clearance capability really starts to stand out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 5 of 20   

Jump to: