Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Don't sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Eddie it seems will destroy our once great club before doing the right thing...

You're just taking the piss right. Eddie saved the Club.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Flashman wrote:
You can't even quote another posters post properly and I'm the moron? Laughing[/quote=]
redlight wrote:
Good on you, the first step is admitting that you've got a problem Smile

Yep I'm just another thicko that wants to judge a coach on his results and team performance over his entire coaching tenure.

I'll leave the wishy washy "he'll come good" "we'll be right" "there's no problems' "Bux is the best" bullshit to genius's like you. Though I notice that you've taken to playing the man instead of offering anything tangible just like that other Buckley apologist clown.

I wonder why that is? I suppose it must be hard coming up a valid argument to retain the golden boy when you don't have any legs at all to stand on.

Let's be honest, you aren't interested in valid arguments or reasoned discussion. It doesn't matter what I post in reply, it's not as if you're going to read it and be suddenly converted, regardless of content. You're just another outraged internet poster, more interested in being angry and indignant than anything else.

For what it's worth, I can't see the point of sacking a coach mid-season without a clear path to improvement.

This board reads like the Carlton board did just before they sacked Ratten. Malthouse was the saviour back then, remember? How did that work out for them? Now here we are with some posters calling for Ratten to be appointed as our saviour. Hilarious!

There have been periods at Hawthorn where Clarkson has been for the axe, periods in 2006 where Bomber Thompson was all but gone. Sometimes staying the course is the hardest and most courageous thing to do.

Often it's also the smartest.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Collingwood is reaping what it has sowed.

A vast majority of Collingwood people have been cheering on the farmer from the sidelines for nearly 20 years.

No one does a crisis like Collingwood.

82, 98, 16

It's the circle of life. Hubris always gets you in the end.

Who is going to save us this time?

Is there anybody out there?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Cam wrote:
I'm an optimist too and having played alot of footy know that a coach doesn't do much at all. Its up to the players. I'm not sure why it took a quarter and a half and 9 demon goals before our flankers and wings shifted outwards to where the demons [and saints] were moving the ball unhindered - to simply be in the way instead of out of the way. Changing the coach will do nothing. Paul Roos is a pretty good coach I would have thought, Don Pyke has inherited a team that has bonded over a few years. Everyone thought Hinkley was a good coach, so is he now a bad coach? It's the players who make you a great team. All sacking the coach does is lead you into another false dawn, when all along it depends on the development and talent of the players and how they gel as a team. The Brat pack were talented AND they would take a bullet for each other [cough Dids cough] thats a big part of why our team won the flag.

Hear hear, well said.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:15 pm

Redlight wrote:
Flashman wrote:
You can't even quote another posters post properly and I'm the moron? Laughing[/quote=]
redlight wrote:

Yep I'm just another thicko that wants to judge a coach on his results and team performance over his entire coaching tenure.

I'll leave the wishy washy "he'll come good" "we'll be right" "there's no problems' "Bux is the best" bullshit to genius's like you. Though I notice that you've taken to playing the man instead of offering anything tangible just like that other Buckley apologist clown.

I wonder why that is? I suppose it must be hard coming up a valid argument to retain the golden boy when you don't have any legs at all to stand on.

Let's be honest, you aren't interested in valid arguments or reasoned discussion. It doesn't matter what I post in reply, it's not as if you're going to read it and be suddenly converted, regardless of content. You're just another outraged internet poster, more interested in being angry and indignant than anything else.

For what it's worth, I can't see the point of sacking a coach mid-season without a clear path to improvement.

This board reads like the Carlton board did just before they sacked Ratten. Malthouse was the saviour back then, remember? How did that work out for them? Now here we are with some posters calling for Ratten to be appointed as our saviour. Hilarious!

There have been periods at Hawthorn where Clarkson has been for the axe, periods in 2006 where Bomber Thompson was all but gone. Sometimes staying the course is the hardest and most courageous thing to do.

Mate I would love some valid arguments for retaining Buckley because I need some hope for our future. Right now with the way we are playing I just don't see any future for him as our coach. We are currently one of the most inept sides going around and we've gotten worse instead of improving from our pathetic second half of last season fade out. These are facts and I need more than being told to stay the course, or being told that it'll be even worse if we give Buckley the arse before I think we should back Buckley anymore.

Also Clarkson, Thompson and Ratten all took over ratshit sides and took them up the ladder steadily (though Geelong did have a hiccup in 2006 granted) whereas as we know Buckley took over a super side and has done the opposite. Completely different circumstances to be compare Buckley with.

Look I used to be a big Buckley defender because I loved the man as a player. I was involved in some pretty passionate defenses of him against certain posters who I won't name but not anymore. He lost me last year when I saw that the much talked about improvement and development of his side just wasn't happening and I didn't think would happen under him. Of course I had hope going into this year that I was wrong (I'm no football expert just a passionate supporter) but all my fears have been confirmed with interest.

Being called a moron for being very concerned about the direction of this club seems a bit unfair to me to be honest because I sure as hell don't revel in us playing like this despite what you think or who you choose to lump me with.

Last edited by Flashman on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:20 pm

Flashman wrote:
Mr Burns 17 wrote:
Well said Cam. Not too many on this site with half a clue. It rests fairly and squarely on the players. No leadership. No guts. No endeavour. No clue and maybe lacking in ability. Let's blame Bucks because that is what the media want you to do. If you don't like what is happening, don't support them. Do something else with your lives, I love the Pies and don't want Bucks sacked.

What and let's give Bux an open ended contract and more years of missing finals (2 and counting so far) in the hope that his side might gel and come good eventually?

And if it doesn't come good? Hasn't 5 years of plummeting performances and ladder positions been enough time to see he isn't the man for the job?

Yeah great plan that and it really shows that our club is striving to be the best when we hold no one to account for years of failure and failing to meet expectations (Buckley promised in 2014 that we'd be better in 15 and 16 and Pert said he expected finals and a flag within 3 years at the beginning of 2014) and we keep rewarding our coach with contract extensions for these disappointing results.

No wonder we're in such a mess with this slack, complacent and "blame everyone but Bucks" attitude among blinkered sections of our supporter group. You aren't doing anyone a favour least of all Collingwood with this blind and misguided loyalty to a clear failure of a coach ffs.

I hold the entire coaching group and the entire playing group accountable for our current performances but that doesn't mean I need some scapegoat to blame or want to throw some girly (sorry for the political incorrectness) tanty and start looking for blood and behaving like a media stooge.

If there was this massive ground swell of supporter unrest then no doubt the club would take actions but a few posters on a footy forum lapping up some faux media driven crisis would hardly raise a sweat.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:28 pm

just wow guys, no wonder we are shit.

Eddie it seems will destroy our once great club before doing the right thing... there is no... wait until the end of the season because we don't want to seem like knee jerk and maybe Bucks might come good.... he's crap and everyone but the loyalist of Pies supporters has known it for years - I have been waiting years, I'm going to have to wait years during our 'real' recovery, and now it seems even more so because obviously this man cannot be sacked... he just keeps blaming the players and Eddie is his #$@%!%## (edited) - its beyond ridiculous

Eddie will destroy this club.... seriously... that's what you believe or it's just over-the-top hysteria?

Eddie himself said that he would sack Bucks if the need arose, a couple of overly impatient posters on Nicks clearly doesn't qualify as "the need".
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:31 pm

Redlight wrote:
Flashman wrote:
redlight wrote:

Hear hear, well said.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:46 pm

jackcass wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Mr Burns 17 wrote:
Well said Cam. Not too many on this site with half a clue. It rests fairly and squarely on the players. No leadership. No guts. No endeavour. No clue and maybe lacking in ability. Let's blame Bucks because that is what the media want you to do. If you don't like what is happening, don't support them. Do something else with your lives, I love the Pies and don't want Bucks sacked.

What and let's give Bux an open ended contract and more years of missing finals (2 and counting so far) in the hope that his side might gel and come good eventually?

And if it doesn't come good? Hasn't 5 years of plummeting performances and ladder positions been enough time to see he isn't the man for the job?

Yeah great plan that and it really shows that our club is striving to be the best when we hold no one to account for years of failure and failing to meet expectations (Buckley promised in 2014 that we'd be better in 15 and 16 and Pert said he expected finals and a flag within 3 years at the beginning of 2014) and we keep rewarding our coach with contract extensions for these disappointing results.

No wonder we're in such a mess with this slack, complacent and "blame everyone but Bucks" attitude among blinkered sections of our supporter group. You aren't doing anyone a favour least of all Collingwood with this blind and misguided loyalty to a clear failure of a coach ffs.

I hold the entire coaching group and the entire playing group accountable for our current performances but that doesn't mean I need some scapegoat to blame or want to throw some girly (sorry for the political incorrectness) tanty and start looking for blood and behaving like a media stooge.

If there was this massive ground swell of supporter unrest then no doubt the club would take actions but a few posters on a footy forum lapping up some faux media driven crisis would hardly raise a sweat.

The unrest is growing as the realisation is beginning to set in about where we are going as a club and it ain't media driven as you so patronisingly put it but it is results driven. We aren't performing anywhere near the expectations that the club and coach forecast during the previous couple of seasons of underwhelming efforts and people are rightly getting fed up with it.

Lose on ANZAC Day and there will be an avalanche of supporter unrest I would think and all the glib putdowns about hissy fits and tanty's will mean squat in the face of the overwhelming evidence of failure. Pray like hell it doesn't happen (and for what it's worth I don't think it will) or the club will be in full scale crisis.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:43 pm

jackcass wrote:
just wow guys, no wonder we are shit.

Eddie it seems will destroy our once great club before doing the right thing... there is no... wait until the end of the season because we don't want to seem like knee jerk and maybe Bucks might come good.... he's crap and everyone but the loyalist of Pies supporters has known it for years - I have been waiting years, I'm going to have to wait years during our 'real' recovery, and now it seems even more so because obviously this man cannot be sacked... he just keeps blaming the players and Eddie is his #$@%!%## (edited) - its beyond ridiculous

Eddie will destroy this club.... seriously... that's what you believe or it's just over-the-top hysteria?

Eddie himself said that he would sack Bucks if the need arose, a couple of overly impatient posters on Nicks clearly doesn't qualify as "the need".

I don't believe a word that comes out of Eddies mouth, and waiting 'years' clearly doesn't equal impatient. If I comment more, I'll regress so I'll leave it at that.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:10 pm

Eddie knows he's under the pump too, if the unorthodox appointment of Buckley was a success he would've enjoyed the spoils, but now that appointing a rookie coach has turned to complete shit he must now accept the blame, not saying he needs to resign or anything, but be needs to keep his fat $£$%^%%$ head out of areas he has no expertise in.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:13 pm

jackcass wrote:
Cam wrote:
I'm an optimist too and having played alot of footy know that a coach doesn't do much at all. Its up to the players. I'm not sure why it took a quarter and a half and 9 demon goals before our flankers and wings shifted outwards to where the demons [and saints] were moving the ball unhindered - to simply be in the way instead of out of the way. Changing the coach will do nothing. Paul Roos is a pretty good coach I would have thought, Don Pyke has inherited a team that has bonded over a few years. Everyone thought Hinkley was a good coach, so is he now a bad coach? It's the players who make you a great team. All sacking the coach does is lead you into another false dawn, when all along it depends on the development and talent of the players and how they gel as a team. The Brat pack were talented AND they would take a bullet for each other [cough Dids cough] thats a big part of why our team won the flag.

Hear hear, well said.

All fair points. Gets me wondering about the premiership players that are gone....'bad eggs' like my beloved heater Sad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:13 pm

jackcass wrote:
Cam wrote:

Hear hear, well said.

All fair points. Gets me wondering about the premiership players that are gone....'bad eggs' like my beloved heater Sad

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:18 pm

What shall we talk about now?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:30 pm

jackcass wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Mr Burns 17 wrote:

Oh Jackcass
You just can't see the train a rolling down the track!!!.
Numerous punters at the G were yelling out not only for the Hobbit's blood but for everyone in the admin.
Read the comments re eddie in the heraldsun today and overwhelming the sentiment is the same.
Tony Rabbit had his supporters too.
But if you lose 30 newspolls in a row then the dam will burst. With Bux if you keep losing most games and keep slipping down the ladder then the whip will come.
The crap slogans used by Eddie like " side by side "and "we stick together" are just code for leave the us alone and we know best.
Side by side and we stick together are slogans for supporting each other and should never be used by the admin or suits to justify their continual power grab.

Last edited by thompsoc on Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12   

Jump to: