Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

In defence of OUR coach

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the bloke I still have the no 5 on the back of my jumper I wore to the MCG on Saturday. I don't have any issue with the list turnover as it what was needed. But currently as a coach he stinks and that is what ultimately he will be judged on.

It just seems that our on field issues are getting worse and yes injuries have not helped and that may point to others in the football department and not directly at bucks but strategically on game day it seems players are confused and do not know what they want or need to do.

Simple example is we have a big problem trying to get the ball back into play from a kick in. It has been a problem since Leon retired and Bucks took over as coach. In nearly 4.5 season I don't see he has done anything to try to fix this (the occasional bomb up the middle is not the solution), nothing strategically to try to get numbers at a contest or players in space to try to give us a high probability of winning the next contest or retaining the ball. Now that puts doubt in my mind whether he can come up with tactics to overcome all the other issues that have come into our game.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:49 am

I've still got a number 5 jumper at home, too. It's a matter of perspective, I suppose - mine was for Barry Price and I think of Buckley as being honoured to wear Barry's number. Otherwise, the second and third sentences of your first paragraph just about sum up my view, too.
Mattys0803 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:00 am

7 out of the top 10 in last years B&F were injured last week. While I have hated watching us play this year, I don't believe that any club would be winning if they were in the situation we find ourselves with injuries. What I would love to see is the players out there playing the game style that we showed in patches in the pre-season but clearly we just don't have the cattle at the moment.

Yes, I think Bucks is in trouble. I'm just a fence sitter as to whether he is completely to blame. I would love to get some luck and get something close to our best 22 on the field and then we can make a fair assessment of the coach but we haven't had that chance for 3 years now.
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:12 am

For me, the 'performance issue' that currently exists in the club is not the fault of, nor is it dependent, upon one particular person. Everyone at CFC is bound by a common mission statement to work together, side by side, for the common goal, which may require a realignment of some aspects of its intent and purpose. A team inevitably succeeds and fails together as a group. That is, side-by-side. The Coach naturally is in the public eye so he unfortunately copes all the public's emotive ravings, and personally-directed unwarranted flak. Seems many supporters at this time through warranted frustration have unfortunately acquired selective tunnel vision, wanting to sack one person, instead of positively supporting the collective restitution of a great footy club through this tough time. A systemic issue simply needs addressing. Every individual is 100% responsible for its success That's all I want to say.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:16 am

Johnno75 wrote:
I love the bloke I still have the no 5 on the back of my jumper I wore to the MCG on Saturday. I don't have any issue with the list turnover as it what was needed. But currently as a coach he stinks and that is what ultimately he will be judged on.

It just seems that our on field issues are getting worse and yes injuries have not helped and that may point to others in the football department and not directly at bucks but strategically on game day it seems players are confused and do not know what they want or need to do.

Simple example is we have a big problem trying to get the ball back into play from a kick in. It has been a problem since Leon retired and Bucks took over as coach. In nearly 4.5 season I don't see he has done anything to try to fix this (the occasional bomb up the middle is not the solution), nothing strategically to try to get numbers at a contest or players in space to try to give us a high probability of winning the next contest or retaining the ball. Now that puts doubt in my mind whether he can come up with tactics to overcome all the other issues that have come into our game.

Well said, I dont want to decend into the "mudpit fighting" this sight has become. But to make this point.

The argument of "trolls" vs those that "stand by the club and coach" become mute do they not, when the president comes out and says he is ready to quit? ...that says the issue is running far deeper then just this message board and our views.

the reality is sadly in this day and age: $$$ = Club. Wins = (memebership) and $$$. Club worries about $$$ because we have not been winning for a long time.

that is the reality of modern football. You dont have money you go the way of Frizroy.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:20 am

derkd wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

Well said, I dont want to decend into the "mudpit fighting" this sight has become. But to make this point.

The argument of "trolls" vs those that "stand by the club and coach" become mute do they not, when the president comes out and says he is ready to quit? ...that says the issue is running far deeper then just this message board and our views.

the reality is sadly in this day and age: $$$ = Club. Wins = (memebership) and $$$. Club worries about $$$ because we have not been winning for a long time.

that is the reality of modern football. You dont have money you go the way of Frizroy.

what rot. people read too much into things.

eddie's on sen now and it sounds like he is up off the canvas.

derkd 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:23 am

Still waiting for the women's day article Laughing
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:27 am

Oops. Too much data.
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:03 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Another excuse thread dressed up as another excuse thread.

If Buckley bled B&W he would walk away now before he destroys any more of our beloved player's careers.

p.s. keep the 1.5Million Bucks Bucks and Buck OFF.

Have you considered that if Buckley was to walk away from the club tomorrow it may leave the club in far greater disarray than if he was to stick it out.

For starters one of the assistant coaches would have to take over till the end of the season. The players will be ashamed that their performances have just got their senior coach sacked. Think what pressure that will make on the assistant coach taking over. The player confidence levels are already low over the Carlton game. Think what their confidence levels will be like under a new coach.

Going by what other clubs do when they sack their senior coach, they usually go outside their club at the end of the season to seek a new coach. So let's say Scott Burns takes over as temporary coach till the end of the season. I'm assuming our injuries continue so we don't win another game for the season. Scott Burns is assumed no better than Buckley by association so his coaching career aspirations are wrecked.

At the end of the season we seek an experienced coaching replacement for Buckley. Roos is returning to the US to live, Clarkson has just signed a coaching extension at Hawthorn and Thompson is a head case.

Not having a viable experienced AFL coach to replace Buckley we are forced to go with one of the untried experienced assistant coaches at another club. The most obvious choices which spring to mind are Leigh Tudor or Stewart Dew.

We have a very inexperienced young team going into the 2017 season. What makes people confident that we are going to go any better under a new coach than we are already under Buckley. If we lose the first few games of next season under a new coach do we get the knives out to assassinate the new coach.

Sounds like Ground Hog day to me.

Umm - you do know the difference between opinion and fact I presume.
There is no factual basis to predict we will be worse if Buckley left. There is no factual basis to assume that the players would be ashamed if he were to be sacked. There is no factual basis for assuming that players confidence level would be lower if an assistant took over. There is no factual basis to say that we would appoint an experienced coach. There is no factual basis for assuming that the side will play worse under a new coach. And somehow between now and 2017 the side will turn into a very inexperienced young side.

Lastly you used the trite comparison of a new coach with a few games experience to the five years of gradual but continual decline of the side under Buckley to proclaim how posters will react.

Just do us a favour and preface any of your predictions with IN MY OPINION
Stevo75 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:45 am

Can't believe I just wasted my smoko reading such rubbish!
Why people can't see that we are struggling due to lack of personnel is mind blowing. The lack of cohesion in our team is so obvious. Three blokes going up together and the ground ball being swept away unchallenged. Two blokes running at the man and an easy over the top and they're away. I could keep going. This is due to the players not playing together enough. Not knowing their team mates voices. Not instinctively knowing where their team mate is going to run. Have any of you haters ever even played the game before? Do you even know what a football looks like up close?
As for Nathan Buckley. He is no fool that is obvious. At least give the man a chance to have a sustained run at this with a healthy list to choose from and then judge him. Make no mistake we are on the right track, we just need some continuity and a little bit of luck and it's going to turn around real quick.
Finally, thank goodness the board and everyone else that matters doesn't listen to some of you lot. If they did, Malthouse would have been sacked in early 2009 and we'd still be romancing about 1990.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:50 am

Eddie has come out and said the club is fully behind Buckley. Shocked I hate to say this but how many times have clubs said this then bang the coach is sacked.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:54 am

Music to my ears.

Can't wait to get excited again with a new coach in charge.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:01 pm

Same!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Jez07 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:09 pm

Eddie is distancing himself from Buckley every day. Once the crowds drop off, it will be then when the board acts on him.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:46 pm

Tezza23 wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Have you considered that if Buckley was to walk away from the club tomorrow it may leave the club in far greater disarray than if he was to stick it out.

For starters one of the assistant coaches would have to take over till the end of the season. The players will be ashamed that their performances have just got their senior coach sacked. Think what pressure that will make on the assistant coach taking over. The player confidence levels are already low over the Carlton game. Think what their confidence levels will be like under a new coach.

Going by what other clubs do when they sack their senior coach, they usually go outside their club at the end of the season to seek a new coach. So let's say Scott Burns takes over as temporary coach till the end of the season. I'm assuming our injuries continue so we don't win another game for the season. Scott Burns is assumed no better than Buckley by association so his coaching career aspirations are wrecked.

At the end of the season we seek an experienced coaching replacement for Buckley. Roos is returning to the US to live, Clarkson has just signed a coaching extension at Hawthorn and Thompson is a head case.

Not having a viable experienced AFL coach to replace Buckley we are forced to go with one of the untried experienced assistant coaches at another club. The most obvious choices which spring to mind are Leigh Tudor or Stewart Dew.

We have a very inexperienced young team going into the 2017 season. What makes people confident that we are going to go any better under a new coach than we are already under Buckley. If we lose the first few games of next season under a new coach do we get the knives out to assassinate the new coach.

Sounds like Ground Hog day to me.

Umm - you do know the difference between opinion and fact I presume.
There is no factual basis to predict we will be worse if Buckley left. There is no factual basis to assume that the players would be ashamed if he were to be sacked. There is no factual basis for assuming that players confidence level would be lower if an assistant took over. There is no factual basis to say that we would appoint an experienced coach. There is no factual basis for assuming that the side will play worse under a new coach. And somehow between now and 2017 the side will turn into a very inexperienced young side.

Lastly you used the trite comparison of a new coach with a few games experience to the five years of gradual but continual decline of the side under Buckley to proclaim how posters will react.

Just do us a favour and preface any of your predictions with IN MY OPINION

Wise words but I am curious as to why you've chosen a pro-Buckley post to voice this consideration when each of your points applies equally to the posts of the anti-Buckley posters, or are you suggesting that they are permitted free rein to spew their vitriolic crap?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11   

Jump to: