Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Port. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

HAL wrote:
[quote="eddiesmith"][quote="The_Staunton"]I'm REALLY worried about Cloke coming back...

I can't explain it, and I don't want to sound negative, but it scares me a lot he'll ruin everything

Am I being unfair?[/quote]

No its very fair, he will ruin everything, we have been playing with a game plan where our CHF is a decoy and doesn't get a kick, Travis might change that and try and win the ball, will really throw the side off balance. Poor Coxy might have to live with a CHF taking marks and hitting him on the chest with a 50m kick, wont know what to do![/quote]Please make some suggestions for improvement.
Tell me a story.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:33 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
When the team kicks 7 goals in an entire game of football at the MCG against an opposition that can't play that ground adequately and, in any event, has no proper-size KPDs, I think you have other things to worry about than whether our 237 game champion CHF will make the team worse.

Adams (192cm) and Roberts (196cm), while relatively new to AFL footy, are certainly of KPD size. Certainly adequate to match up on equally inexperienced Moore and Cox.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:49 pm

This is now a real danger game, these bastards have found some good form, lost a tight game to the weagles, then smashed the Deeees. Just our $£$%^%%$ luck to have to play em when they come good. Damn. Now we have mass injuries on our hands, Moore, Fas, and Adams are huge losses, I just cant see us covering them, we are fast running out of personnel now, and I don't think Port have many players out hurt at all. Going to be very tough now, for us too field a competitive side, just hope we can somehow squeak home a win. Sigh.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:55 pm

Gonzalo wrote:
Same old pattern. Exert a lot of pressure, battle away and take the ball forward but waste the opportunities. You can't fault the application but this game was a carbon copy of our performances when we failed to beat Fremantle, Hawthorn and Port last year. There has been no improvement this season and the same issues will remain if the club doesn't have an excess of forwards who have X Factor (think Eddie Betts) who can cash in opportunities.

The game plan isn't sustainable, it is based on maniac pressure and it is contributing to the high injury rates.

Even a Newvbie like you, should realise we had four guys off hurt, to their none, zilch, we had no rotations at all, our guys were exhausted, even the dogs coach Beveridge admitted THAT. He basically said his team pinched a win soley because of that FACT. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:02 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Even a Newvbie like you, should realise we had four guys off hurt, to their none, zilch, we had no rotations at all, our guys were exhausted, even the dogs coach Beveridge admitted THAT. He basically said his team pinched a win soley because of that FACT. Rolling Eyes

Tsk, tsk Piesnchess.......

Expecting such logic from a Newbie?

Need to give them time to settle into the Nick's way... Razz

mattys123 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:30 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
The possible ins are;

Cloke
Goldsack
Sinclair
Williams
Brown

Yet we have played out best football this season (the last 3 weeks) without any of them.

No one would have thought that with those 5 out (add Swan, Elliott, Ramsay etc too) we would be even competitive, yet we have been.

If, as expected, the 4 injured from yesterday don't come up, we actually have some quality depth to come in though (see above).

I expect us to beat both Port and the Dees.

Best football? We beat a true bottom 4 side who are just shit, beat Geelong who then lost to Carlton and lost a game where we only kicked 7 goals and everyone is talking it up as a magnificent performance...

I know our season has been pretty shit all round, but to talk up the last 3 weeks as something special is a bit of a stretch!

Well the last 3 weeks (before the final term vs the Dogs) have been a damn sight better than that shit we served up for the first 7 weeks anyway.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:46 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
I'm REALLY worried about Cloke coming back...

I can't explain it, and I don't want to sound negative, but it scares me a lot he'll ruin everything

Am I being unfair?

I understand where your coming from
I'm not scared but I am concerned that he hasn't earned his spot back like the coach wanted.
Maybe we could throw a arm around his shoulder and tell him "hey Trav you haven't completely done as we asked but you have shown improvement and we can see you trying. We're down on our knees now Trav with injuries and we need you to be the Travis Cloke we know you can be. We're going to pick you and back you come hell or high water show us you belong again"
Give him some love now he's had the tough love approach so maybe we can just love him and he can come good or at least show the effort required.
You know the more I think about it the more I think it could be a blessing in disguise. I was getting concerned with Moore being crashed around so much with a slender frame. Him missing a few weeks won't hurt his development at all he's shown the courage already and his skills are ever improving. Maybe Cloke coming in and being made the main man again will boost his ego/confidence enough to garner the burger back and set the comp alight again

I think that's a really good point

It's going to hard to convince him though

The main thing for me is the effort he's going to give us, that was the problem, he wasn't contributing anything. Moore and Cox were part of our forward line causing headaches and putting more pressure on. Cloke? Well...

Let's just say I'm not confident...

Also, a big problem was the midfield used to kick it to him 4-1 as a bail out kick. That's not his fault, but I don't want to go back to the R1-6 Collingwood...

We'll see!

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:48 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
When the team kicks 7 goals in an entire game of football at the MCG against an opposition that can't play that ground adequately and, in any event, has no proper-size KPDs, I think you have other things to worry about than whether our 237 game champion CHF will make the team worse.

But as his worst, he can make the team worse...

Quite easily

Hence the worry

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:52 pm

jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Adams (192cm) and Roberts (196cm), while relatively new to AFL footy, are certainly of KPD size. Certainly adequate to match up on equally inexperienced Moore and Cox.

You haven't mentioned Easton Wood who may not be KPD size, but he just happens to be an All Australian defender. And as for a side that can't play the ground adequately, the Bulldogs last game at the MCG was against Melbourne who they beat by 5 goals. Melbourne may not be the greatest side going around, but they play their best footy on the MCG and comfortably beat us on the ground.
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:09 pm

Who knows where Cloke's head is at? There was an article/interview with him I read recently where he stated, in no uncertain terms, he was well & truly over playing VFL. I interpreted that as a fire in his belly has been set alight, and Moore's injury is just the opportunity Trav needs. He knows he'll go back to the 2's if he doesn't put in the required effort. Having tasted it, I predict he will come in and blow a game apart in one of the 1st 3 he plays, and from there on it will be vintage Cloke. If that happens we'll push for the 8 and ruffle a few feathers along the way. No one can deny, with an in form Travis Cloke we'd be a much improved side. Not a bad upside when considering the form we've shown the last 3 weeks. People are consciously underestimating our recent form for their own lily livered purposes...to be the devil's advocate and throw a pebble in the pond to create ripples amongst us for their own entertainment. Tragic really. How anyone in their right mind cannot see our recent improvement beggars belief.
Go Pies!!

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:48 pm

[quote="thompsoc"][quote="John Wren"]
thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
the obvious question: does the selection committee hold their nerve or give trav a call up. moore with a suspected broken collarbone.

That'd be a shame for Moore, thought that was his best game YTD.

Bloody injury curse gave us a couple of weeks off but hit back with a vengeance today.

Wait and see who comes up but you'd reckon Witts, Marsh, Sinclair, Aish, Goodyear, and Cloke all in the mix for a call-up.

Not sure why Maynard is copping so much critisism, thought today was easily his best game in 2016.

Cox battled hard but had little impact, Grundy started well but faded after 1/4 time. Couldn't grab a pack mark between them when needed.

I was also clearly watching a different Blair than some, thought he was fantastic today.

I guess we'll get Brown and Wills back at VFL level, Langdon and Broomhead an outside chance. Who knows when Gault will return.

Shame Melbourne had to run Port back into some sort of form, it doesn't get any easier.

i too thought blair was good, particularly his work off the ball.

Yes he didn't get the ball which is the main game for a small forward.
What is that now..... 8 or so goals in 10 matches and most people think he has had a better year than the last few years.
God help us!
So he is on track for his usual annual average of around 12 to 15.
OMG![/quote

For God's sake a player's performance has much, much more to it than goals kicked - even a full forward in this day and age. Kurt Tippett was recruited to Sydney as a forward, doesn't kick big bags but his output in general play is of high quality and highly effective. Jack Darling is a forward at WCE, he doesn't consistently kick bags either but is a strong contributor, same for Lindsay Thomas, Stephen Motlop, Pauopolo etc etc

I only saw the first half on Sunday before having to go to work, but Blair was terrific for us and a major headache for Footscray. He deserves his spot in the team.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
This is now a real danger game, these bastards have found some good form, lost a tight game to the weagles, then smashed the Deeees. Just our $£$%^%%$ luck to have to play em when they come good. Damn. Now we have mass injuries on our hands, Moore, Fas, and Adams are huge losses, I just cant see us covering them, we are fast running out of personnel now, and I don't think Port have many players out hurt at all. Going to be very tough now, for us too field a competitive side, just hope we can somehow squeak home a win. Sigh.

Wines, Wingard and Dixon will be hard to contain, under our current circumstances. Geez, I'm spewin' blood we didn't make a play for Aaron Young now during that last trade period; he's just crushing it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:15 pm

Has anyone seen the Cloke/Bradbury Facebook video? I've posted it but I can't find a link! It's a Crocker!
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:29 pm

mattys123 wrote:
The possible ins are;

Cloke
Goldsack
Sinclair
Williams
Brown

Yet we have played out best football this season (the last 3 weeks) without any of them.

No one would have thought that with those 5 out (add Swan, Elliott, Ramsay etc too) we would be even competitive, yet we have been.

If, as expected, the 4 injured from yesterday don't come up, we actually have some quality depth to come in though (see above).

I expect us to beat both Port and the Dees.

Matty I think you forgot Caff. Assuming that all four don't get up you'd think Cloke, Sinclair and Caff are certainties. Caff mostly for experience (can tag, can play forward). I think they'll be a little worried bringing Goldy or Marley in off one game (followed by a bye). Brown coming back from a hammy... can't see that happening.

I'm guessing you're ruling Witts out as an option - probably a good call!!

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:32 pm

think positive wrote:
Has anyone seen the Cloke/Bradbury Facebook video? I've posted it but I can't find a link! It's a Crocker!

Try this page: https://www.facebook.com/TheGreenfieldPost/?fref=nf

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17   

Jump to: