Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Demons - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ANNODAM wrote:
If the Demons winning manages to keep the Flogs out of the 8, then I'm on their bandwagon this week.

So yeah, GO DEES, HAWKS & BOMBERS!

Blow it out your Khyber pass!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:15 pm

Very much looking forward to seeing Kirby at the level. I hope he can kick a couple/few.
ROB 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:27 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Rudey - Who are you tipping? The more I look at the side the more I like the team selections. I reckon Cox and Grundy will go ok together. A fit Adams is a bonus as I wasn't expecting him to get up. Hope Schazza is ok because Blair and Smith are lurking on the list of emergencies. Reckon we can win this.

Now that the Kirbinator is in, I reckon we will win by 4 goals. I was very disappointed with Reid last week and reckon we're better with just Cox and Moore as our tall forwards. This forward set up looks the best we've had all year and could well be our template for next season and beyond. I must admit that at times I've written Cox off as a failed experiment, but his last couple of weeks have forced me to re-evaluate him. He's still got a long way to go, but he is clearly improving and could well be a fantastic ruck/forward partner for Grundy. Having Goldsack back is terrific and I've been very pleased with Langdon's form.

It would be wonderful to finish off this disappointing season with a win, to give us all some confidence looking forward to next year. Go Pies!

The loss of Reid means that at times, we will only have one tall forward option on the field as either Moore or Cox rotates on the ball to give Grundy a break on the bench (that is unless of course Grundy rests in the forward line). An injury during the game to one of the 3 talls would then potentially see times when no tall is in the forward lone - we have had this occur at least once per year. I am a bit old fashion, but I reckon we should always have 4 talls for forward /ruck in a team.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:34 pm

I am glad we have decided to rest Reid... let's ensure that he is ripe and ready for next year. I am really happy with this team now, and I have this strange feeling that we might see something special tomorrow. Go Pies!!
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:01 pm

Hope you are right but as much as I am looking forward to seeing Kirby play I think the loss of Reid will un-structure our whole game and let the Melbourne defence assume control. We will need to kick 12/13 goals at least to win. I think Reid kicked four against Port not sure we can account for the balance without him.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:30 pm

John LEWIN wrote:
Hope you are right but as much as I am looking forward to seeing Kirby play I think the loss of Reid will un-structure our whole game and let the Melbourne defence assume control. We will need to kick 12/13 goals at least to win. I think Reid kicked four against Port not sure we can account for the balance without him.

ROB as well has regretted the loss of Reid, but last week he was pretty much ineffectual (looked exhausted), so I am pretty sure would have been no better tomorrow. Last week we didn't have Grundy, but in the first quarter looked fantastic when we took the game on. Now we don't have Reid, but have Grundy instead. Therefore, no loss with respect to talls compared with last week. I am stoked about the prospect of watching Cox and Grundy in the same team, with Cox to prove that last week was no aberration. And now with Kirby to sweep up the crumbs when Cox contests, and brings it to ground if he doesn't mark, ...tomorrow's game has the potential to bring us joy after a season of frustration. We have nothing to lose, so I hope we take this game on for four quarters.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:35 pm

Cam wrote:
No Kirby grrr

Kirby, grrrrrin!

ROB 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
John LEWIN wrote:

ROB as well has regretted the loss of Reid, but last week he was pretty much ineffectual (looked exhausted), so I am pretty sure would have been no better tomorrow. Last week we didn't have Grundy, but in the first quarter looked fantastic when we took the game on. Now we don't have Reid, but have Grundy instead. Therefore, no loss with respect to talls compared with last week. I am stoked about the prospect of watching Cox and Grundy in the same team, with Cox to prove that last week was no aberration. And now with Kirby to sweep up the crumbs when Cox contests, and brings it to ground if he doesn't mark, ...tomorrow's game has the potential to bring us joy after a season of frustration. We have nothing to lose, so I hope we take this game on for four quarters.

But after quarter time I think a lack of that extra tall told on us. With 1 tall forward when a ruck is resting on the bench exposes us, particularly if the tall forward is being well held like Reid was last week. 2 talls consistently gives options.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:11 pm

Now that pick six is a certainty! No holding back lets take these pretenders down! Can't wait to see Kirbs play.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: