Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pummel Bulldogs - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Hoskin Elliott goals again! 10 straight games. Stephenson continues to impress and Scharenberg 26 touches at 100%.

WHE is fast becoming one of my favourite players. He's such a dependable mark and I always feel far more relaxed when it's him shooting for goal. I wonder if he'll be the only player in the league to kick a goal in every game after this round?

Even better than his goals was the forward pressure he applied in second half. Locked the ball in a number of times. Important with Varcoe off the field.

Having he, Stephenson and Varcoe forward makes us much more dangerous on the counter (hopefully we can add Elliott to that one day). And that's where most of our goals were generated in this game.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:21 pm

In his very diplomatic way, Bucks has a dig at the umpires over their treatment of Mason Cox. What a difference it made to his marking in the second half when he didn't have opposition players scragging him mercilessly every time he went for a mark. Not sure why that eventuated ... did Mason move out of the goal square more?
Doesn't change the fact that a player should not be overlooked when infringements are made against them, simply because he's taller than the opposition. If opposition players are infringing because they can't match his reach, they should be penalized!!!!!!!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:23 pm

It's becoming increasingly clear that even when Cox drops marks (which he's good at doing), he provides a contest and gives us structure up forward. He should have got 5 frees for interference, but he kept on going and finished the game with some strong marks in the last quarter.

Luckily Cox didn't hurt Johannson with that crude bump, so he should get away with a suspended sentence imo. If he gets a week, then that might open up a spot for Sier to get a game.

I'm just rapt we've won both games at the Jihad stadium as we are better suited to the MCG. Bad luck about Varcoe, but at least we have Wells to come back next week.

I thought Greenwood was very good off the half back line, and Daics did some good things as well. Unfortunately, Chris Mayne played another good game. Embarassed
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:23 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
In his very diplomatic way, Bucks has a dig at the umpires over their treatment of Mason Cox. What a difference it made to his marking in the second half when he didn't have opposition players scragging him mercilessly every time he went for a mark. Not sure why that eventuated ... did Mason move out of the goal square more?
Doesn't change the fact that a player should not be overlooked when infringements are made against them, simply because he's taller than the opposition. If opposition players are infringing because they can't match his reach, they should be penalized!!!!!!!

Yep, the Dogs dropped off in their effort to scrag and bump him off the ball. As soon as he had a fair run at the contest he looked threatening.

Definitely should be getting more frees.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:26 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:

He's been around 100% the last few weeks, hasn't he? His short kicking and composure with the ball are excellent, but I wish he'd use them to take some tougher options sometimes rather than just taking the shortest and safest option. He certainly wouldn't have 100% efficiency, and it might even cost us a goal or two, but I reckon the gains would be more than worth it.

I don't think that taking the tougher options is actually his given role. After intercepting, tackling, punching the ball clear and positioning himself to accept the handpass out of a scrum and to be one of the first links out of the backline.
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:28 pm

That win should be a real confidence builder for the team.

Worked the Dogs over more and more as the game went on.

No doubt we'll be playing finals this year!

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:28 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Unfortunately, Chris Mayne played another good game. Embarassed

Very Happy Laughing He did, didn't he. His defensive efforts warranted another game.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:29 pm

Nearly wrote:
Chris Mayne was instrumental in keeping us in it in the first half. Best 22 easily.

Spot on about his first half and there were plenty around him who fell well short. Faded in the third but won some important 50/50s in the last when we needed to keep them out.
I’m not sure about our BEST 22 but given we always have injuries, he isn’t going to be omitted anytime soon.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:29 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

He's been very handy. Not least because he's keeping Crocker out of the side Wink. We have definitely upgraded there, and if we're playing a defensive medium forward, Mayne is our clear number 1 option with Godsack out for the year.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:31 pm

Very good win.

Excellent defensive effort in the second half. Rapt with the one on one efforts of Dunn, Howe (as usual) and young Appleby. Langdon worked his way into the game and Shazz is pure class.

Grundy is clearly one of the best 3 rucks in the league, Trealor a jet, Pendles was Pendles (ie great) and Phillips a deserving Robert Rose Medalist.

Let's go again next week back at the G.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:33 pm

Geek wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Very Happy Laughing He did, didn't he. His defensive efforts warranted another game.

Quietly stoked for the guy Smile

A lot of people have had fun at Mayne's expense, but he looks to have carried himself well at all times. He's put in the hard yards in the VFL and now his commitment is paying off. Well deserved.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:34 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:

He's been around 100% the last few weeks, hasn't he? His short kicking and composure with the ball are excellent, but I wish he'd use them to take some tougher options sometimes rather than just taking the shortest and safest option. He certainly wouldn't have 100% efficiency, and it might even cost us a goal or two, but I reckon the gains would be more than worth it.

I don't think that taking the tougher options is actually his given role. After intercepting, tackling, punching the ball clear and positioning himself to accept the handpass out of a scrum and to be one of the first links out of the backline.

Perfect summary of Schaz. He is an absolute gun.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:35 pm

Flashman wrote:
Very good win.

Excellent defensive effort in the second half. Rapt with the one on one efforts of Dunn, Howe (as usual) and young Appleby. Langdon worked his way into the game and Shazz is pure class.

Grundy is clearly one of the best 3 rucks in the league, Trealor a jet, Pendles was Pendles (ie great) and Phillips a deserving Robert Rose Medalist.

Let's go again next week back at the G.

I thought Dunn played a superb game tonight. Very dependable and no silly acts of frustration. Crisp also very consistent and never gives up.
Grundy is lion-hearted. Just wore down the Doggies' rucks over the course of the game.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:38 pm

Grundy had some incredible stats:
21 contested disposals
15-0 hit outs to adv (at last count)

Huge impact on the game.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:39 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Grundy had some incredible stats:
21 contested disposals
15-0 hit outs to adv (at last count)

Huge impact on the game.

Couldn’t get a vote from that flog Dunstall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11   

Jump to: