Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rumour (now a REPORT): Jordan DeGoey set to re-sign

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear. I always expected it once the club was happy with the improved form of de Goey. Scharenberg will be a formality. Moore is a bit more complicated as he has no form on the field and other clubs are sniffing.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:10 am

K wrote:
Ah, yes, brings back memories of Tim Webster's "Nathan Buckley has resigned" all those years ago.

I thought that he was referring to Garry Ablett senior when he said that.

He was also the one that delivered a Ted Whitten eulogy but had a large image of Jack Dyer behind him as he was doing so.
Pie as a Kite 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:55 am

stui magpie wrote:
He has a girlfriend? Good. Tell her to tie up all his spare time...

Yeah, but without, you know... exhausting him too much! Embarassed
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:55 am
Post subject: Re: CFC will be announcing soon that Degoey has re-signedReply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Loyal mate! Heard of the expression “mum’s the word”? But thanks for the goss

Well, inxs88, it's not bad news (e.g. an arrest or scandal, etc.), so unless he was sworn to secrecy...

And I'm now wondering where that expression comes from. Mums tend to be very loose-tongued...
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:47 pm
Post subject: Re: CFC will be announcing soon that Degoey has re-signedReply with quote

K wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Loyal mate! Heard of the expression “mum’s the word”? But thanks for the goss

Well, inxs88, it's not bad news (e.g. an arrest or scandal, etc.), so unless he was sworn to secrecy...

And I'm now wondering where that expression comes from. Mums tend to be very loose-tongued...

“Mums the word” or to “keep mum” doesn’t have anything to do with mothers. The term comes in reference to street plays that began back in the Middle Ages. The street theatre performances are called Mummers Plays and the performers are mummers. They are usually wearing masks etc and they just act - they don’t speak. That’s the tag - mummers are silent.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:12 pm

My mail is he's considering a 6 year, $5 million to head west.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Skids wrote:
My mail is he's considering a 6 year, $5 million to head west.

Well, you’d have to consider it.
Ludicrous money if true.
Ain’t gonna happen though. He’ll simply fade into obscurity out west, and he seems like the type of person who likes the Melbourne scene.

punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:57 am

RudeBoy wrote:
K wrote:
But the Footy Classified people still seemed of the opinion the club had not budgeted for even the discounted price and some sacrifice may be necessary (they suggested Darcy).

They are a bunch of dills, who grand stand with uninformed opinions.

The only part of that which I believe, is that the club probably had in mind, prior to the commencement of this season, re-signing De Goey on about $4-450,000 pa. However, his value has certainly gone through the roof on the back of some terrific performances. I can't see how having to pay an extra $150 grand or so would force us to off load Darcy. That's simply ridiculous...unless of course Darcy wants to leave, which I doubt is the case.

What is possible/probable is that the extra costs of locking in a host of our much improved younger players, may very well make it near impossible to recruit a star player like Lynch. If that's the case, then I'm fine with that. We have enough potential for significant improvement from within our current ranks, and this will be enhanced in this year's draft.

if its a choice between Darcy and Jordan, ill pack Darcy's bags for him
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:40 pm

Reading between the lines of .buckley’s comments on .talking footy, it sounds as though they are confident that De Goey will sign, and a lot less confident about Moore, who is “frustrated” by his injuries (and blaming the club). That fits with the rumours.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:34 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Reading between the lines of .buckley’s comments on .talking footy, it sounds as though they are confident that De Goey will sign, and a lot less confident about Moore, who is “frustrated” by his injuries (and blaming the club). That fits with the rumours.

You must of been watching talking footy in another dimension.

Darcy ain’t going anywhere.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Well, I didn’t watch it, but I was going from the comments published this morning on the CFC website under the headline “the chemistry of the group”. If there was other content related to Moore on the programme, please elaborate.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:35 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
K wrote:
But the Footy Classified people still seemed of the opinion the club had not budgeted for even the discounted price and some sacrifice may be necessary (they suggested Darcy).

They are a bunch of dills, who grand stand with uninformed opinions.

The only part of that which I believe, is that the club probably had in mind, prior to the commencement of this season, re-signing De Goey on about $4-450,000 pa. However, his value has certainly gone through the roof on the back of some terrific performances. I can't see how having to pay an extra $150 grand or so would force us to off load Darcy. That's simply ridiculous...unless of course Darcy wants to leave, which I doubt is the case.

What is possible/probable is that the extra costs of locking in a host of our much improved younger players, may very well make it near impossible to recruit a star player like Lynch. If that's the case, then I'm fine with that. We have enough potential for significant improvement from within our current ranks, and this will be enhanced in this year's draft.

I couldn’t agree more.

Well, I probably could but it doesn't really seem necessary.
We have - in case some of you STILL haven't noticed - a SHITload of talent. From Lachy Brown to Pendles, we have brilliant players in every stage of their careers, and in every line. We have great talls, maybe the best. Great Backs, Great Scorers, Probably the best mids, easily the best marks, we can match any side in every aspect of the game. We could for 3 years, but couldn’t kick the scores. Now we are, were winning games, we'll be playing finals, and our only foreseeable difficulty will be that damn salary cap business. One of many roadblocks the AFL has found to put in our way to help the interstate start-ups.

De Goey is just one of many whose managers will be looking for more cash next time contracts are up for discussion. Think about guys like Flipper, Shaz, Grundy, Crisp, Maynard, Howe, Thomas, WHE, Cox, Moore, All of whom are showing huge improvement, and then the stars to come, Stevo, Mihocek, Wills, Johnson, Daicos, etc. I'll just about bet the farm these guys & a few more will be elite-level players over the next few years.
This is when we should be busting to get signatures on nice long contracts. Its also when our best option is to find the best kids in the draft, taking advantage of our star recruiter Dekka (who some ppl should be hanging their heads for trashing). He would seem to have done some awfully good work lately. Both our draft picks & trading have been pretty damn incredible in recent years.

Picking up Stevo with a no.6 was amazing, as was Sharenberg (we may never know if Freeman was a good pick). Grundy at pick 18 or thereabouts was even better. In 2014 it was DeGoey, Moore & then Maynard in the 30's. In 2014 we traded for Treloar - which isnt working out too badly, & with what he had he picked up Sier in the 30's, then Phillips at 58, as well as Ben Crocker & Rupert Wills, a certain future star, both in the 60s. Not bad! Wietering was the no.1 pick. Who would you take?
The kids we've picked up in the last 2 are mostly yet to make their mark, except for Stevo & Daicos, and have NO fear, the latter WILL
live up to his iconic (yeah I hate the word too, but this one was a must) name. His skills are absolutely 1st class, & just hearing his name called during a game sends a shiver down the backs of us older Pies!

If any more of Dekkas picks had been instant stars we'd already be in deep salary cap kaka! So just sit back & enjoy this remarkable year when each week seems to bring a new story, and another star. And at the end... Well, if you can still get a good price for the flag grab it!

And Darcy? Are you kidding? The guy got to be part of the song "ring" when he was 10, His ol' Man won a Charlie for us. He's never going anywhere, & whats more he'll be a GUN player for us. With his skill at his height Darcy will be a top 5 player in a year or 2 - Top 5 in the league that is. He reminds me a lot of a young Nick Riewoldt.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:22 pm

If JDG is harbouring any thoughts of signing on for big dollars at another club, he’d be well advised to pay close attention to the abuse that will be hurled by the Magpie Army at Daisy Thomas during the Carlton game this Sunday. This is what happens when a player leaves Collingwood for the wrong reasons, and JDG may have to endure this sort of treatment every time he plays against Collingwood for the rest of his footy career.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:51 pm

^ In honesty, I think I could handle any amount of legal verbal abuse (i.e. that won't get one expelled and possibly banned) from an MCG crowd for a sufficient amount of money.

I hope there are better reasons why players don't want to leave.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Woods wrote:
If JDG is harbouring any thoughts of signing on for big dollars at another club, he’d be well advised to pay close attention to the abuse that will be hurled by the Magpie Army at Daisy Thomas during the Carlton game this Sunday. This is what happens when a player leaves Collingwood for the wrong reasons, and JDG may have to endure this sort of treatment every time he plays against Collingwood for the rest of his footy career.

Why would you abuse Daisy Thomas. He was offered a sweetheart deal that we were not prepared to match. The fact is that the deal offered by Carton when considering his injury issues was not realistic at any level and he may never have played at even 80% of his capacity ever again. This view is vindicated in the fact that he has only come into form after all these years and the scum are not competitive.

I wish Daisy the best (but not when playing us)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14   

Jump to: