Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood, the AFL and the Virus.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Jezza had already announced he wasn't attending, so I don't understand the need for the blanket decision. Wink
The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:58 am
Post subject: Re: Virus and PeopleReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
The biggest threat to the people are the people themselves.

Stay calm, don’t listen or read media. Love thy neighbour and be there for each other. Keep warm, hydrated and eat healthy. Try and go about your life without panic and anxiety. Stay loyal to our Club.

Have faith in your saviour and our lord.

And just try and chill out. We live in a great nation with wonderful natural beauty. And remember greed is our modern virus that has ruined so much. Let’s use corona to fight against selfishness and greed. This is our warning and opportunity.

Collingwood is our Club and no virus (Corona or Corporate) will destroy us.

Go Pies and bless you wonderful Collingwood family.

Now Hiss I generally disagree with all of your posts but you might have got this Post 100% correct, well done.

And I am joining a group of True Believers on the other side of town on Friday to watch the mighty Black n Whites (yes less than 500 of us).

Is there a "Tech Head around" that could organise a "Bulk Collingwood Skype from the supporter group" so our support is broadcast back to the players, Channel 7 & Foxtel broadcast to us so why can't we provide the noise back (except for the television 7 second delay) through Skype to the playing group?????????

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:44 pm

simon tonna wrote:
David wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
If a game goes ahead without a crowd, can the TV add an audience track like sitcoms do with fake audience laugh tracks? Be like watching us play in Perth everytime we kick a goal, complete silence.

Personally, I think the MCG is more worried about fans stealing the toilet paper.

I think we definitely need a laugh track.

If cox has the ball near the goals they should play the benny hill theme.

That's a bit harsh on Coxy I reckon!! Smile
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:53 pm
Post subject: Re: Virus and PeopleReply with quote

Hiss wrote:

And just try and chill out. We live in a great nation with wonderful natural beauty. And remember greed is our modern virus that has ruined so much.

Agree with this completely Hiss. As an aged pensioner who survives from fortnight to fortnight, I can't afford to panic buy, even if I wanted to!!!
Once again, it's those with plenty of disposable income who act in a greedy, selfish manner and strip the shelves of goods to the detriment of others.
I am so very, very p**sed off with the divide between the haves and have nots.
Mad
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:55 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Having to play games without the might of the magpie army behind them may have a significant negative impact on the success of our playing group, unfortunately for us clubs like North, St.K, Dogs, GCFC, GWS & Carlton will not notice any difference and will have an unfair advantage. Sad

Yeah, I've thought about this too MM, but then if we treat it like an interstate game, we'll be okay. We have a good record playing interstate Wink
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:57 pm

It seems folly to me for the media to overplay the assumption the AFL or it's clubs will need to base their actions on fulfilling contracts in place and will be held accountable financially by television rights holders or sponsors etc if they don't.

If we accept that the coronavirus is going to lead to an unprecedented global health emergency (in modern times) then surely contracts signed in good faith by all parties in a pre coronavirus world should be able to be restructured when the world suddenly and unexpectedly looks very different.

Naturally with empty stadiums revenue generated from people attending will be non existent and this will flow on to the AFL, clubs, stadium owners and the people employed within them but I dare say the general public won't look on to kindly if the AFL or the 18 clubs are punished further financially because they can't play the desired amount of games to fulfill a contract in place.

The AFL might be wise to start negotiations about holding a 17 round season where every team plays the other once.

That would buy us 5 weeks. Scrap the two bye rounds and that's another 2. Extend the season further into October as allowed and we might be able to delay/postpone games beyond 2 months throughout the year.

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:30 pm

Grand final can only be pushed back one week. First MCG game of T20 World Cup is scheduled for 25 October, with a 21 day exclusion prior to this date. This leaves only the first Saturday in October available, anything after this would see the Grand Final played elsewhere.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:34 pm

The pandemic will last a minimum 4 months.
If we put in a total lock down like in china it will buy us some respite
for a period time but then it will take off again after the lifting of such measures.
The season is over.
You might get 1 or 2 weeks at the start with no crowds but as soon as a player or admin from any club tests positive ......then it is over.
What a shit year.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:41 pm

^Exactly. We are not all going to wake up next weekend, or the week after, and it will have magically disappeared. It's going to be here for months. Season over. Why even try for one round?? Put everyone on ice and take care of everyone.
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:45 pm

didick wrote:
^Exactly. We are not all going to wake up next weekend, or the week after, and it will have magically disappeared. It's going to be here for months. Season over. Why even try for one round?? Put everyone on ice and take care of everyone.

The cynic in me thinks it may have a lot to do with terms and conditions of our memberships. They way I read them, it is easier for the Club to get out of refunds if games are actually played and the crowd can't get in as opposed to if games are outright cancelled.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:59 pm

Shorter breaks, shorter games considered as AFL tries to get games played

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/shorter-breaks-shorter-games-considered-as-afl-tries-to-get-games-played-20200314-p54a3d.html

"One club source said every option is being put on the table including cancelling participation in state leagues and rescheduling fixtures to reduce travel. Clubs understand that locking down AFL programs and then having them interacting and playing with part-time VFL players dilutes the impact of the measures.

Sources at clubs said they would need up to 60 people including players to conduct games behind closed doors with the AFL emphasising to all football operations staff they need to be extremely vigilant in protecting player and staff health.

Some players have even told family they may need to move out for a short period to maximise their chances of keeping themselves free of COVID-19.

The AFL's broadcast deal sees them contracted to play 198 games and nine finals a season and they have made it clear to club leaders that achieving that objective underpins all their planning."
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:12 pm

^cash at all costs.
Disgusting.
Players leaving their families to fulfil a contract. Hope the AFLPA is all over this.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:31 pm

Gillion is a bafoon.

www.facebook/the hybernators
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:00 pm

The AFL and Gill are deadset morons.

Embarrassing. In the US, sport is cancelled and players are donating hundreds of thousands to the stadium employees who are likely to not be making any money.

In AU$, we only care about $$$. Player welfare,...who gives a ****....make players play twice a week.

If this goes ahead, I'm done with AFL.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:27 pm

It's going to turn into a total farce.

Just scrap the season already. People have bigger things to worry about at the moment.

Football will be there waiting once this pandemic is over.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 5 of 60   

Jump to: