Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Eagles. Round 8.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This is maybe not completely relevant to the post criteria but I watched the game then the video replay and see Atu as stay in the side and believe he will develop into a deep small forward

He has great composure and game readability for a kid in his 2nd year at the club

Two of his hard tackling and awareness results in goals

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:49 pm

watt price tully wrote:
npalm wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

He isn't good enough

And you're basing this on what exactly? The 10 games he played as a 19 year old in 2018?

He was a rookie draft selection, so is unlikely to make it as a senior player but it's a bit early to write him off. There are plenty of examples of rookies who didn't find a regular spot in the seniors until their 20s who went on to have great careers.
Nick Maxwell for one.

Very good points. He has a future and I thought might be an interesting idea against Wet Toast as a strong bodied forward player who applies pressure. The club wouldn't have kept him on if they thought he's a liability. His pre-eason and scratch match form looks pretty good.

And even more very good points.
He was exposed by the Giants when he was a boy sent on a mans job. That would knock plenty of young kids around.
When you’re a rookie selection, you come with plenty of areas to work on but the club won’t pick you unless they believe they can at least improve a number of those areas. That can take time. While he keeps improving, I imagine they will continue to persevere with him.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:13 pm

See i would love to be optimistic, but I have to say at BEST this game is a 50/50...West Coast are ranked lower then us for scores For..but they are getting better.

We are the best defensive team in the comp, no question.

We are ranked outside the 8 for attack. This pilling the pressure on our back six game plan is foolish. At some point the damm wall will break.

Our midfield and particularly our forward 50 converting entries into scores is simply not good enough.

De Goey kicked five last week and we won by 20 points... he didn't play we would have lost the game.

We take strangle hold of games and we should be putting teams away...instead we leave the door open. If we don't fix this we are only a slight form slump or injury away 2020 turning on us very badly.

In 2013 Ross Lyon turned Freo into a deffence first team and they lost a grand final. Got to kick scores to win.

Last edited by derkd on Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:24 pm

We stack up very well applying pressure—we are getting better at hunting the opponent and our clearance has improved over the last few weeks with Tay in a rich vein and Ads as the pocession vulture

My concern is their tall forwards if ball comes high are great grabs—this is where our mids and forwards must chase like shit to deny them time to feed Darling & Kennedy the high ball

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:51 am

The Weagles are an ageing side, a lot of oldies still around, like Gaff, darlling kennedy, shuey, mcgovern, etc even nic nat, thise guys been around for years, i reckon just outrun the bastards, make em chase, run em around, run them off their ageing legs.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:17 am

We need more avenues to goal. Without DeGoey I can’t really see us winning. I hope we do, I’ll be barracking hard but I just don’t see it. Hope to say I got it wrong on Sunday night.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:00 am

We have the depth to properly cover for JDG now where we werent last year. Like to see Pendles playing on the half forward line it will be great if he can get amongst the goals too.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:10 pm

derkd wrote:
De Goey kicked five last week and we won by 20 points... he didn't play we would have lost the game

Rolling Eyes

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:27 pm

90 nice wrote:
We have the depth to properly cover for JDG now where we werent last year. Like to see Pendles playing on the half forward line it will be great if he can get amongst the goals too.

I just hope Pendles plays. He has hinted that he might return to be with his family in Melbourne.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:26 pm

Pendlebury family now in Brisbane/Gold Coast in a hotel for that 14 day thing he will join them after the freo match as we go to Qld then
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:45 am

Unless I've missed something and Reid is fit and raring to go then Cox presents as the next best option to replace de Goey.

He's rarely very good but his sheer size will at least keep the West Coast defenders honest and engaged.

Cameron marked well around the ground in his first game but didn't pose a forward threat in either of his 2 matches and with limited ability to press his claims since is unlikely to be considered ahead of Cox.

alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:30 pm

This is Cox's last chance if he's selected. Nice 22 degrees during the day. If there's any better game to prove your worth it against the Eagles away.

Need that Coxy vs Richmond 2018. xx

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:31 pm

Out : the old formula against WCE, hasn't worked
In : taking the game on, meters gained

Weather : Perth area
Sunny morning. Slight (30%) chance of a shower, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Winds north to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h turning northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day.

Changes
Out: JDG, C Brown, A2B2
In: Cox, Thomas, Scharenberg

FORWARDS

HFF : Mihocek WHE Daicos
F : Stephenson Cox Thomas

CENTRES

C : Mayne Pendlebury Phillips
Followers : Grundy Adams Wills

BACKS

B : Crisp Roughead Scharenberg
HBF : Maynard Moore IQ

INT : Wills Varcoe Elliott Noble

EMG : Appleby, Cameron, Sier

Early on set to be heavily contested grind, Tim Kelly, Elliot Yeo, Andrew Gaff, Dom Sheed are the engine room, McGovern, Hurn and Sheppard their stern. Just think they line up better against us and can’t help but think our focus might drift to the 14 day stretch to come. WCE by 19 points.

AFLCA votes for WCE players season to date, v's expected opponent :
Nic Naitanui (WCE) Grundy
Tim Kelly (WCE) Adams
Elliot Yeo (WCE) Pendles
Josh Kennedy (WCE) Roughead
Andrew Gaff (WCE) Mayne
Dom Sheed (WCE) Phillips
Jeremy McGovern (WCE) Mihocek
Liam Ryan (WCE) IQ

alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:37 pm

Don't give me that Josh Thomas in, been useless for us this year and not awfully great last year. Had a few good games to keep him in the side but overall, doesn't present nor uses the ball with any real purpose.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:43 pm

Injury report by Geoff Walsh has Trav Varcoe in doubt with rib soreness

That’s two replacements if Trav don’t pull up fit

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: