Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#16 Oliver Henry

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
Jack Madgen has kicked 4 during the second quarter of the VFL today. https://www.afl.com.au/vfl/matches/4322 live now

And 25 disposals. 40 af points ahead of nearest

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:40 am

warburton lad wrote:
For what it is worth, I think we should look to draft Sam Glover in this year's draft- he is a very solid intercept mark and has the look of a natural footballer about him.

I concur wb. Looks like he has what it takes at both ends of the ground.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:40 am

warburton lad wrote:
I think that Henry will come in for WHE.

Bianco will go back to the VFL for a full game.

I think that Ruscoe may be the medical-sub in Sydney- he is tough and resilient and offers cover for the back six.

Much to like in the VFL yesterday- McMahon and Kelly continue to blossom and McRae, Henry, Draper, Ruscoe, Poulter were all solid or better.

Madgen was best on with 25 possessions and five goals- certainly looked a different player in the last two weeks- really seems to relish the opportunity to play forward.

It will be of great benefit to have our back-up players having a run in September to maintain match-fitness.

For what it is worth, I think we should look to draft Sam Glover in this year's draft- he is a very solid intercept mark and has the look of a natural footballer about him. Blackmore-Moore will also get picked up by some team- a clever small forward.

Floreat Pica

Agree but I guess we can’t get them all. I will repeat what I have saying all year, Lauchie Tardrew will be an awesome get. Extremely clever & talented.

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:57 am

On form, Madgen, Checkers and Ash are the forward line talls this week, with Elliott, McCreery and Ginnivan as the base smalls. Madgen was a competent though slightly patchy backman. He looked a more than competent forward with a good defensive mindset the last few weeks. He’ll be hungry as a vegan dog, too.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:21 am

Cam wrote:
warburton lad wrote:
For what it is worth, I think we should look to draft Sam Glover in this year's draft- he is a very solid intercept mark and has the look of a natural footballer about him.

I concur wb. Looks like he has what it takes at both ends of the ground.

Do we know for a fact he will actually nominate for draft?
Surely the club would suggest we rookie-list him instead?

List spots are TIGHT; remember - we have only lost Roughy so far, and drums are beating for McStay to fill his spot.
Even then, we need list vacancies for what 3 new draftees, and perhaps either Taranto/Hopper/Crouch or whoever else might pop up as a UFA?

So WHO is getting axed to make way for this supposed influx of players?

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:44 am

Cam wrote:
Jack Madgen has kicked 4 during the second quarter of the VFL today. https://www.afl.com.au/vfl/matches/4322 live now

He looks to be a real smokey to come in doesn't he Cam?

I for one could not be happier, his defensive efforts would add value in the forward 50, as would his height and mobility
piffdog 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:47 am

I like Henry - plenty to work with there. BUT I’m not sure if he’s the best replacement for WHE.

To me he is a lower pressure aerial forward (perhaps like Elliott 7 years ago?) and I don’t know if we could play him until he can be manic like we saw in the last 6 minutes Friday night.

There’s very little love for Madge on this forum but from memory he was very good last year in about rd 4,5? Starting on the wing. Maybe he comes in for WHE and joins the winger rotation with Sidey and Daicos. Would probably be a handy injury sub too given his versatility.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:57 am

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Cam wrote:

I for one could not be happier, his defensive efforts would add value in the forward 50, as would his height and mobility

Who does he replace?

Johnson and Mihocek are not playing VFL any time soon

McCreery and Ginnivan are totally different types of players and apply pressure, pace and X factor that Madgen clearly doesn’t possess.

DeGoey, Cox, Cameron and whoever else rotates through there won’t be dropped for him.

Zero chance he plays in 2022 unless we have some proper injury carnage!!

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:46 pm

I’ll add to a common comment here and say it’s not just the defensive stuff he needs to work on as much as he needs to do *anything* apart from fly across a pack once a game or so. He can be a better lead and mark forward, he can work harder on the defensive stuff, he can push up as an extra midfielder, he just needs to do *something*. Right now, it’s not uncommon to go for a quarter without even seeing him
lanstro 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:17 pm

Seems like Ginni is the only one Henry could replace at this point, as goalkickers who don't do a whole lot else.

Ollie doesn't seem like the type who could play WHE's role, roaming up and down the wing all game long, helping out the defence and linking up the play. Not sure I've ever seen him in the defensive half of the ground, and have no idea how his field kicking is.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:53 pm

Maybe we release Ginni up the field in WHE roles and play Henry forward?

See what he can do for a couple of weeks before finals, get him away from being the target.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:17 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Cam wrote:

Who does he replace?

Johnson and Mihocek are not playing VFL any time soon

McCreery and Ginnivan are totally different types of players and apply pressure, pace and X factor that Madgen clearly doesn’t possess.

DeGoey, Cox, Cameron and whoever else rotates through there won’t be dropped for him.

Zero chance he plays in 2022 unless we have some proper injury carnage!!

WHE
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:18 pm

Collingwood 2022 leading goalkickers:

Brody Mihocek (35)

Jack Ginnivan (32)

Oliver Henry (21), Jamie Elliott (21)

Oli hasn't played since round 17 against North.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/O/Oliver_Henry.html

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:54 pm

lanstro wrote:
Seems like Ginni is the only one Henry could replace at this point, as goalkickers who don't do a whole lot else.

Ollie doesn't seem like the type who could play WHE's role, roaming up and down the wing all game long, helping out the defence and linking up the play. Not sure I've ever seen him in the defensive half of the ground, and have no idea how his field kicking is.

One thing I’ll say about Ginnivan is that while he’s bad at actually winning the ball and sticking tackles for now, he does at least seem to be around the ball a lot. Unlike Henry, who seems to be invisible for huge chunks of the game

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:30 pm

......ummmm.......perhaps Madgen is the 'forgotten' forward. He is currently our best performing forward in the VFL, kicking 5 goals against Willy. Shocked
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 5 of 72   

Jump to: