Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Saints sink Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

princem007 wrote:
The non 50 not paid to Cameron cost any chance we had in last quarter , the saint player was in protected zone.

Was the Usual Crap One Sided Umpiring we cop every week

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:57 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Great kick from Adams there when we had a sniff, 700k worthy

Worse Kick Across the Field in the AFL

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:58 pm

Geek wrote:
Was thinking half way through the 3rd about how much I admired the supporters who were sticking around in the cold for that display. Even moreso after we got opened up properly late in the 3rd.

Glad for those rusted on diehards that they were given a little something by the boys late in the game.

I would not blame the Fans who left at 3qtr time

K 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:58 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
slangman wrote:
All coaches this week should just take the week off and leave it to the players.

Hopefully all our Coaches get Sacked at season end

That's likely. A new senior coach normally likes to bring in his own assistants. He might also want different fitness staff, etc.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:00 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Well , we play the reigning Premiers next week, so maybe we will kick 4 times as many goals as they do.

We owe it to football to smash the Tiggers.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:02 pm

K wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
slangman wrote:
All coaches this week should just take the week off and leave it to the players.

That's likely. A new senior coach normally likes to bring in his own assistants. He might also want different fitness staff, etc.

We really need a Whole New Board and Footy Department

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:03 pm

K wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Well , we play the reigning Premiers next week, so maybe we will kick 4 times as many goals as they do.

We owe it to football to smash the Tiggers.

Reckon the Tigers might Smash us next week

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:08 pm

I only caught the first and last qtr.

Interestingly, at 3/4 time, the internet had the whole club management sacked, and each player garotted.

And we were 40 points down lol

Not to say I'm happy to lose, but for example, the coach of the Millenium had the Hawks lose by 35.. and after 4 average years, you would think such a savant would have the Hawks better by now. Some perspective is needed, especially for those baying for blood and willing to bring the club down to their level.

And then we ended losing by 9 points.

We lost.. we played shit..we fumbled and missed goals.. everything looked really hard. Change is afoot and next year we will have a new coach.

In the meantime, we get through the year.. some players know they are on thin ice.. it would be difficult for many right now.

We played an excellent last qtr.. and credit to the ingrained spirit which goes unmeasured by real losers.

Go Pies
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:10 pm

For the 2nd week in a row we lost the game at the selection table. FFS, it makes us incredibly slow and top heavy playing 3 ruckmen in the side. Please, Harvey, please, do not persist with Cox. He not only slows us down, does not take enough marks or kick enough goals, but he reduces the impact of Cameron by getting in his way.

I just wish this season would hurry up and end and we got a new coach. We are playing pretty shit football atm, and doing nothing which suggests next year will be much better. Sad
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:14 pm

Charlie Oneeye, I don't agree. Hawthorn always look to me like a team that knows how to play - but just can't, yet, play that way. Collingwood has a distressing game plan that is all about about ceding the territorial advantage to the opposition and then trying to recover from full-back. It's a recipe for despair and it makes for very depressing viewing. It's quite informative that the couple of times we've burnt the game plan because we were plainly done (Geelong and St Kilda come to mind), we suddenly looked a little less worse.

I don't think most are baying for blood. It'll be nice to see the back of Harvey, of course - but that will happen soon enough.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:19 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
For the 2nd week in a row we lost the game at the selection table. FFS, it makes us incredibly slow and top heavy playing 3 ruckmen in the side. Please, Harvey, please, do not persist with Cox. He not only slows us down, does not take enough marks or kick enough goals, but he reduces the impact of Cameron by getting in his way.

I just wish this season would hurry up and end and we got a new coach. We are playing pretty shit football atm, and doing nothing which suggests next year will be much better. Sad

I am thnking the same after the last 2 games. Just so slow, everywhere, because we only have two really fast players as it is (Noble and IQ, both in defence) and having a third tall just tips the balance way over. I reckon we debut Ginnivan next week, for Cox, see what he's got at AFL level. And bring in Sier, and say to him, mate this is your last chance to prove yourself. Thomas to make way. Other possibility is to bring Wilson in for Murphy ( I actually didnt think Madge was as bad as others claim today, while Murphy did little). Let us see what Wilson can offer, as he is already 23 and if we dont give him a chance now, when will we?

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:28 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
slangman wrote:
What rubbish!!!!!

Sack the freakin caretaker coach and allow the players to play.
This is absolute proof that the players are over coached by people who don’t have any desire or inclination to attack and win.

Pretty sure they will be.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:46 pm

Basically as a few others have said, we played 18 opposition players out there today plus 3 umpires playing for the opposition and it got to a point where we couldn’t give a shit. Then something was said at the 3 quarter time huddle and the players came out with a different mindset in the last quarter and played a more direct style taking the game on and suddenly the whole complexion of the game changed. We could have almost pinched the game in the end but that would have been a disservice to St Kilda who deserved to win given what we produced in the first three quarters. The question needs to be asked why we can’t put 4 quarters of football together. It doesn’t help that we’re not selecting our best team out there. Our next coach who won’t be Robert Harvey has a lot to look forward to.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:51 pm

^ Exactly what MatthewBoydFanClub said.

WTF happened at 3qtr time other than the Saints patting each other on the backs and racking up their cue sticks? We looked like a different team.

Re Cox, I reluctantly agree, he’s trade bait. Cameron can mark and several times he and Cox got in each other’s way. One thing for Cox, he didn’t tap the ball to opposition players (lookin at you, Thor), instead regularly got it to ground where our onballers should be picking it up. Do we practice at training?
uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:17 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
I hated that complete bullshit from the coaching staff. I’d rather we go out with the mentality to play free flowing football and moving it forward as quickly as possible even if it means losing by 10 goals. We might actually win more games.

Like the Geelong game we go out there on full on defensive mode suck for the best part of 3 qtrs then when the game is all over we break the shackles and play some decent footy.

Can all the clowns in the coaches box just let the players play footy on instinct and see where that gets us.

plus one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11   

Jump to: