Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpiring rants ~ receive our scorn

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon the pathetic umpiring motivated us. Great to hear BT this morning on the footy show bag mclaren. The more ppl that stand up against him the better. Still, it was probably wrong of BT to say that on public television. The poor guy does have a family and it is discrediting for him.
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:18 pm

Mclaren is an absolute joke of an umpire. If he performed like that at an business, he would have been sacked bu now.
I was on the verge of jumping from the second level of the Ponsford and absolutely decking the bastard. That man did everything in his power to win the game for Carlton. I am surprised that he didn't actually attempt to get the ball and kick a goal himself for them.

Too many people, both Supporters, Commentators and Players keep bringing up his name. What does that tell you. Its everyone that has had enough of him.

AFL - Give him the boot!
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:32 pm

Go_The_Mighty_Magpies wrote:
I can't say that.. his family may have been offended like they were last yr after the negative comments surrounding him) Rolling Eyes

Don't forget his friends as well. Rolling Eyes
KYPREO Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:12 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
I reckon the pathetic umpiring motivated us. Great to hear BT this morning on the footy show bag mclaren. The more ppl that stand up against him the better. Still, it was probably wrong of BT to say that on public television. The poor guy does have a family and it is discrediting for him.

So do many footballers whose professional reputation is questioned by the media on a daily basis. Umpires shouldn't be immune if their performance is bad enough. It might be inappropriate for a player to publicly bag umpires, but a media commentator should be able to (subject to defamation laws).

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:15 pm

Ah I'm still loving how fevola flattened the dickhead.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:27 pm

Joke eh...

What's the difference between Scott McLaren and a dildo?

A dildo is a FAKE dick!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:49 pm

You would be referring to a set of clippers?
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:07 am

hehe, stop pickinge on peeples speling Camm!

BTW: What did BT say? Was it as bad as some of the things said on here about current players & coaches? Or was he just saying he's a crap umpire? Coz he really is rather awful!
Although, the rules committee really must shoulder some of the burden for the generally shocking decisions over the whole 3 rounds.
Lets just hope they dont try bringing in another maggot unless its a boundary or goal maggot...THEM we need! That Port Adelaide boundary decision made Harmesy's look fair (almost).

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
LeonMcS Virgo

Only one says Buckley on command...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:13 am

Really, we should be sending that 'special' man an award for helping find the spirit that makes us Collingwood.
Been a long time since I've been so proud of our boys.
KYPREO Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:15 am

Didn't see the TV, but on Triple M, BT said Scotty should be sacked for incompetance (so did Sam)...he also called Scotty a pounce as he ran to the centre bounce after a goal Laughing Sam Newman accused Scotty of trying to stamp his influence on the game and wanting to be seen, and said something like "look him running around with a hard on". Laughing
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:57 am

DaVe86 wrote:

BS! The guy chose to be in a 'sport' that's in the public eye. If it's ok for the coaches, for the players, etc who all have families, it's ok for the coloured scum to receive criticism as well.

McLaren isn't an umpires a@#$hole! And it's his fault i was swearing at the footy and got hit by my mother for saying FFFF so many times!

He's a disgrace and should be removed from umpiring!

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:34 am

KYPREO wrote:
So do many footballers whose professional reputation is questioned by the media on a daily basis. Umpires shouldn't be immune if their performance is bad enough. It might be inappropriate for a player to publicly bag umpires, but a media commentator should be able to (subject to defamation laws).

Perhaps MM coulda used a Big Ron Atkinson (pommy soccer manager) line regarding the umps (referees) When asked about the refs (umps) performance after a diabolical display that completely screwed his team, Big Ron replied "I never comment on the performace of referees, and I'm certainly not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat!"
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:32 am

I would like to see, CFC invoice the AFL for every obvious 100% incorrect free kick given against us, other clubs can follow.

Kick the AFL where it hurts, in their PURSE!

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:22 am

35forever wrote:
BTW: What did BT say?

On TSFS, he said that McLaren was a hopeless umpire, and should be sacked ont he spot. Gary Lyon tried to settle him down but the big fella was fired up.

Now MM is in hot water!:

Malthouse's loud call
11 April 2005 Herald Sun
Michael Horan
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,12814987%255E19742,00.html

Quote:
COLLINGWOOD coach Mick Malthouse is facing the prospect of being censured by the AFL after complaining the umpires had given his team "a bath" against Carlton at the MCG on Saturday.

The AFL will decide today whether the Collingwood coach's comments at the press conference after the game warrant a "please explain". If they do, Malthouse is subject to a hefty fine for publicly criticising umpires.

A stirring come-from-behind win didn't stop Malthouse airing his displeasure at what was a rough deal the Magpies suffered from umpires Scott McLaren, Ray Chamberlain and Michael Avon.

McLaren became the ememy of the Magpie army when he was at the centre of several confusing decisions.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:53 pm

fan4collingwood wrote:
Brian Taylor must have said a word or two on tripleM regarding the umpires as the Sunday footy show just said 3 Lawyers are after him!

I reckon Sam was more scathing of the umpires than anyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 5 of 76   

Jump to: