Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Reaching out to former Nicks BB posters

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete 70 wrote:
Thanks Mike. Moving to Sydney in 2002, this place has become a godsend. I like the banter, the passion, the characters - I so want to meet Lazza, A
Rudeboy, David, Pieschness, Cam et al. one day because I feel like I know you all after years and years or well balanced, appropriate arguments. This place is grouse. Viva la revolution

Likewise P70.

I've been in Paris since January (will be returning just in time to watch us win the Grannie) and I've relied on Nicks to feel connected to Collingwood. Would love to catch up and meet you and a few others one day too. Cheers
DopeyDipper 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:58 am

Not sure how old my account is but I've been a constant reader of Nicks for about 12 years or more now. Even more, since I moved to London in 2016, I don't have much to post on here so usually just read comments. As I was first based in Sydney and now London I don't get much insight into the club apart from watching via WatchAFL for the international stream.

I do want to say thanks to all of you that do regularly post, helps me feel involved with the club even though so far away.

I'll be getting at up 6:20am on Sunday to watch us deny the scum a chance of finals, it will be glorious.
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:16 am

David wrote:
By the way, if anyone does want to donate, here’s the link:
https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm

Thanks for all your hard work. $50 from me.

magpie57 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:43 am

think positive wrote:
Yes and no, not too long ago the abuse was out of hand at times, and I for one don’t miss that at all.

I posted recently after some years of inactivity. The reason being the barrage of personal abuse from people who do not know me. It was very disappointing.
However I still read the posts on this site regularly and for the most part enjoy them.

slangman 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:15 am

David wrote:
By the way, if anyone does want to donate, here’s the link:
https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm

Thanks… Donated a few dollars.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:37 am

Done Cool
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:45 am

I feel there is a plethora of reasons. I would suggest that many of the oldies have other things to do whether it be social media such as Face Ache/Twitter and now Tok Tak Tik or whatever it is. Families and now Grandkids and employment. Throw in I volunteer in a few areas so it's having the time to jump on. I am on today as I am down with a chest infection. Throw in we have had a few members pass away. It's not woke it's just changed as has the world.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:07 pm

^ I might respectfully add that the concern that the site is "woke" is entirely misconceived - we try very hard to keep political argument of any colour out of the "General Discussion" forum - and moderate that as best we can. It does seem, though, that some of the people expressing conservative views get more irritated when their off-topic comments are moderated than do some of the people with less-conservative views.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:10 pm

Agree. I will add most don't actually know what "woke" really means. It's just a conservative term if they don't agree.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:49 pm

Pete 70 wrote:
Thanks Mike. Moving to Sydney in 2002, this place has become a godsend. I like the banter, the passion, the characters - I so want to meet Lazza, A
Rudeboy, David, Pieschness, Cam et al. one day because I feel like I know you all after years and years or well balanced, appropriate arguments. This place is grouse. Viva la revolution

Well balanced appropriate arguments!!!!!!!
I must of missed those Shocked

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:55 pm

Used to post here quite regularly, perhaps too regularly but changes in life dynamics mean I get less time to do so. Still visit regularly and it remains 1st port of call for all news Collingwood. I don't think the general crowd and posting styles have changed at all, both are intrinsically linked to however the club is performing.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:05 pm

Thanks everyone for your support. I wasn't chasing donations, just using that as an example of the sense of entitlement of those who happily take and then complain and I was also letting off a bit of steam... but the donations are gratefully accepted. Constructive criticism delivered appropriately is also respected and considered.

I was 45 with three young sons in 1995 when the youngest, Nick, as a 10 year old created his first web page - 'Nick's Collingwood Page'. Little did either of us know what the outcome of that simple act would be or the effect that it would have on so many lives. It's launched several careers, been the subject of two academic theses and generally been the centre of a dynamic community that's waxed and waned over the years, but has always remained. I'm a bit older now and that little kid Nick is closing in on the age I was then.

Sometimes I've hated it and wished it would just go away, but I could say the same about Collingwood and the truth is that, like Collingwood, it's now just an undeniable part of me.

... oh, and apologies to Hotrod. I kept referring to his site in my last post as Bullet'n'Board when it's actually Extreme Black'n'White. I knew there were apostrophes in there and my normally reliable memory filled in the gaps - should have checked.
Magpie Russ Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:44 pm

My profile says I started out in 2003... I did think it was earlier than that but yeah. While I was studying this was a great distraction. Anyway...

I would also post on EBW page. Around the Sly, Driver, Hotrod days.

I've been on and off. I will come on here but unlikely to post on EBW.

I will skim the conversation but only comment when a subject comes up that I either know about, have something of value to add (hence I don't post often Wink ) or interested in i.e. Trade Period! Also, to stand up for the 'whipping boys' Smile

The Board thing was tiring - needed a break after that.
Also have a group of friends on my iPhone and that works something like this. Especially when viewing a game.

I appreciate this sight and all the information and opinions.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:59 pm

Pete 70 wrote:
Rudeboy, David, Pieschness, Cam
et al. one day because I feel like I know you all after years and years or well balanced, appropriate arguments. This place is grouse. Viva la revolution

be careful what you wish for. Laughing

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:25 pm

Love driver nice guy
Love JLC
Bring back Dave Hatley
Dave resurrected Collingwood
Remember the Collingwood stall they had in 2021 was behind the ponsford mcg
Did anyone go I did thought was the turning point
On ya Dave we win a premiership I’ll think of what you did then
Dave Hatley take a bow mate
Champion legend
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13   

Jump to: