Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
Big question mark over Mason……again

Would suggest dropping him for Ash.

One of several utterly inept players tonight.
As I really don't give a shit which Princesses I offend right now - I shall name them:

Cox: WHY would you even bother giving him a contract extension prior to the season finishing? Is there some sort of queue to poach his elite talent away from us that I am unaware of? Enjoy the VFL - I know you won't.

Adams: Living proof of why a week is, and always will be, a long time in football. Absolutely USELESS tonight; ball slaughtering on an obscene level.

McCreery: Seems the line between his best and worst changes week to week. Effectively cost us the game early with those utterly unacceptable misses on goal.
The first of which was one of the worst i've seen in my 40+ years watching this game. His ball drop technique is all over the shop. He can go back to VFL too.

DeGoey: Played like he was drunk; putrid disposal standard - not one kick around F50 went within a barn door of one of our forwards.

Moore: Not one to roast him, but his shitful kickouts TWICE gifted the Scum gimme goals, oh and that Curnow dude fuckingflogged him stupid.

Dropping Ash Johnston prior to Port match after his 3 goal game was a total fuckingdisgrace.

Everybody else also disgraced the club tonight; these Carlton arsewipes think they are gunna cruise to the flag now.

Mitchell can have a week off too; he looked cooked

Hubris alive and well within the club, whilst the bathwater was the drink of choice behind closed doors all week.

Stop looking at the fuckingladder and focus on getting the ball again.
Let this match be a warning for what happens when you turn up not focused on your game.

And as I've bemoaned for weeks - this forward set-up is a barely functional clustercluck, at best.

So yeah, well done McFly by getting out-coached by Voss.

Some of you will claim this game was a mere blip on our radar, while we coast our way to the finals.
I'm concerned the wheels are about to fall off; starting to reek of 2019.

DT 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:54 pm

I think we learn a lot from that match. Credit to Carlton for playing really well. Cox needs a spell - Frampton should return.

I think the Pies were the better team in the second half but wasted a lot of opportunities to get back into the match.

Positives were McStay, Howe, Maynard and Cameron. We only lost by a little even though many players were a bit off.

Let's see how we rebound next week.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:03 am

piedys wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Big question mark over Mason……again

Would suggest dropping him for Ash.

One of several utterly inept players tonight.
As I really don't give a shit which Princesses I offend right now - I shall name them:

Cox: WHY would you even bother giving him a contract extension prior to the season finishing? Is there some sort of queue to poach his elite talent away from us that I am unaware of? Enjoy the VFL - I know you won't.

Adams: Living proof of why a week is, and always will be, a long time in football. Absolutely USELESS tonight; ball slaughtering on an obscene level.

McCreery: Seems the line between his best and worst changes week to week. Effectively cost us the game early with those utterly unacceptable misses on goal.
The first of which was one of the worst i've seen in my 40+ years watching this game. His ball drop technique is all over the shop. He can go back to VFL too.

DeGoey: Played like he was drunk; putrid disposal standard - not one kick around F50 went within a barn door of one of our forwards.

Moore: Not one to roast him, but his shitful kickouts TWICE gifted the Scum gimme goals, oh and that Curnow dude fuckingflogged him stupid.

Dropping Ash Johnston prior to Port match after his 3 goal game was a total fuckingdisgrace.

Everybody else also disgraced the club tonight; these Carlton arsewipes think they are gunna cruise to the flag now.

Mitchell can have a week off too; he looked cooked

Hubris alive and well within the club, whilst the bathwater was the drink of choice behind closed doors all week.

Stop looking at the fuckingladder and focus on getting the ball again.
Let this match be a warning for what happens when you turn up not focused on your game.

And as I've bemoaned for weeks - this forward set-up is a barely functional clustercluck, at best.

So yeah, well done McFly by getting out-coached by Voss.

Some of you will claim this game was a mere blip on our radar, while we coast our way to the finals.
I'm concerned the wheels are about to fall off; starting to reek of 2019.

Has JDG ever hit a target inside F50? He’s one of the worst kicks going inside F50 I’ve ever seen. Ignores leads and just slams the ball long in the air to contests. I said as much a few weeks ago.

The fact that our forwardline looks this way 5 weeks out from finals while we sit atop the ladder is putrid. No genuine crumbers, no X factor outside of Elliott (but he’s a leading target). Reeks of the beige Buckley years. If ever there was a game to trial Ginnivan and even Ash, tonight in dry conditions was it.

Pathetic selections. How WHE comes straight in is a freakin’ joke.

And Lipinski is on thin ice. Has offered borderline SFA since coming back.

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:05 am
Post subject: Blues v piesReply with quote

Just got back from the G and am still in shock from what I saw tonight from our players.
From the first quarter when Moore kept kicking out to the opposition, to Jamie Elliott not taking the kick on goal from a gift free, but giving it to Checkers who then, kicked a point.
Bewildering were some of the choices our players made . Pen/?dles kicking into the man even though he had walked way back from the mark, to Mc Creary hitting the post from dead in front and so on and on and on..
disbelief at turnovers into attack..Lipinsky Adams de Goey Checkers
Which player did not stuff things up!
Even Jamie who took a great mark in front of goal, directly, misses.
I was gobsmacked at what I saw.
Finishing up with Moore crashing into Pendles.
What a diabolical night.
That's how I felt.
Kudos to Howie , as a backman , kicking 3 goals in the last...one from the boundary..

Maybe I am not giving the Boos enough credit. They were good but jeez we made it easy for them..
Sorry for the rant but I had to sit through that and it was friggin hard ..

Last edited by orie on Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

Disgusting to give that effort against the scum.

The first 3 qtrs were comical. Decision making was woeful, kicking was all over the shop, handballs flying everywhere, not sticking any tackles. Just filled with total hubris. Started with McCreery hitting the post from point blank right through to Elliott passing the ball off from the goal line in the last, then we panicked after Curnow kicked his 12th goal from a free kick.

Outside of Howe and Cameron I couldn't name another Pies player who did their job tonight. Played bruise free until we fell 6 goals down then it's too late. Time to start playing physical from the get go or it's straight sets.

Finals footy is coming and this midfield zoning crap won't cut it.

MONCO: Your life.
maurs64 

Voss has literally stolen McCrae's playbook! If Carlton somehow win the flag, it will be playing like Collingwood! And I can't see how Collingwood plays that badly again this year. There were ghosts of Buckley's team out there tonight! No talking, no teamwork. Have never seen them play like that under McCrae! Quite disappointing how many players simply didn't put in any effort at all, or quite simply butchered the ball all night!
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:08 am

piedys wrote:

I don't want to pile onto him after his previous two games, which were great, but his kicking was horrendous. It's all upstairs for the lad, I reckon. Something runs through his mind some weeks that causes him to really tighten up and miscue for whole games at a time. Someone needs to walk through the tapes and his mindset with him, because his previous two weeks were great, so it's clearly fixable.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:10 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Nice of the umps to pay one free to Titch for being held just so the AFL wouldn’t look bad for the dozens of other holds and blocks that went on all game at bounces and throw ins. Curnow knows how to play the umps too, did it last time (and last year). Other forwards and rucks should take notes how to play for gifts.

glad its not just me and junior that saw this!

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:11 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
At least our expectations of a premiership have been squashed.

Adelaide: 2 good quarters
Gold Coast: 2.5 good quarters
Bulldogs: 2 good quarters
Fremantle: 2 good quarters
Port: 1.5 good quarters
Carlton: 1.5 good quarters

A loss at about this time of the year has often proven a 'good loss', so here's hoping. The problem is our upcoming run of games will provide little respite.

But there's time and quite likely method in the madness to the burst football.

swooper 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:12 am

Haff wrote:

My biggest worry is that we keep getting into these situations where we have to do the special to win the match. It didn’t work in the finals last year, it won’t work again this year. We need to find a way to pull away from sides. We just can’t do it.

Pretty flat.

Agreee. Have been saying this all year. We can’t keep putting ourselves into situations where we are fighting back. It must be exhausting. And yes , worked all year in H and A season, but didn’t work in finals. It’s a worry. Will be interested to hear Fly’s thoughts.

God I hate losing to Carlton
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:13 am
Post subject: Re: Blues v piesReply with quote

orie wrote:
Just got back from the G and am still in shock from what I saw tonight from our players.
I was gobsmacked at what I saw.

What a diabolical night.
That's how I felt.

Maybe I am not giving the Boos enough credit. They were good but jeez we made it easy for them..
Sorry for the rant but I had to sit through that and it was friggin hard ..

Mate, as one of our longest serving posters, who turned up tonight to watch that steaming dog turd of a game served up by the alleged "top side" of the competition - I feel for you, and everybody else who had their time, money and loyalty abused; you all deserve better.
And we'd better fuckingwell deliver too.

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:17 am
Post subject: pies v bluesReply with quote

Maynard shocker tonight Rolling Eyes
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:21 am

My last points on this putrid match then I shall never mention it again. A. Clearly the Bluescum were more refreshed than us, after a cakwwalk match to tune up v the hapless Eagles. That last man standing v Port, left us jaded, tired, right off the boil, exhausted, Nick looked stuffed, and Tay. B. our forwardl line was sub par, stood out like dogs balls. No Bobby, and for some unfathomable reason, neither Ginny or Ash selected, a huge error, I watched that VFL match and Jack was very good, we missed him bigtime. McStay can get the ball but if he cannot kick goals, whats the poiint of him ?? , bad kicking for goal is bad football. Fact. Kick a few of em, an we would have been right in it. C. We must start managing players. D. We MUST start playing 4 consistent quarters, not just one or two an a half, as we did agaist the Dockers, and others, but four, as Bluescum did. E. Least we did not lose this two games before the Finals, we can correct this, learn from this defeat, and pick sides with good goal kickers. E No more Hubris, we are back to earth with a thud, and we must learn a harsh lessons from this match. F. Fortunately, we are still top, with the erratic Hawks next week, we must hit them with everything but the kitchen sicnk, this is Flys moment, re jig the side an hit Hawks with it hard. G. we are still in this, any top team can have a bad day, against a desperate opponent playing for their season, the Lions have had them, as have Port, just learn the lessons, and redeem ourselves. Finally , avoid the media like a plague, that prick Cornes willl be doing hand spring of joy, writing us off, as will most in the footy media, parroting the line we have been worked out, now. Avoid all the doom and glooom media, I sure am, had enough of their anti Collingwood crap over the years, until late next week, footy commentators can all get stuffed, just dont listen to them. Well, thats my take, now the match is closed to me. Closure.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:21 am

And to state the bleedingfucking obvious - that Robert Findlay (23) is a dog of a thing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:22 am

nomadjack wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Totally get why BNE moved McStay on, they just don’t readily give up good players.

The guy's been back for three games following a long-term injury and has kicked two goals each game. Wtf do you want from him? He presented well tonight and was our only tall forward that looked like having an impact. He's a role playing workhorse... nothing more nothing less.

i agree,
id be inclined to play Ash instead of checkers next week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14   

Jump to: