Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Dogs. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 11:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

doriswilgus wrote:
To be honest I didn’t think we had a hope in hell of winning this game with all our outs,and that’s how it turned out to be.We were very brave for three quarters but completely ran out of gas in the last quarter,because of all the young players and reserve grade players who just couldn’t run out the game.Fly said as much in his presser after the game.

Agree totally. The young lads thrown into our team by necessity had to largely fend for themselves, given that we had so many of our Top 22 out.
Our top tier drove the game for three quarters.
But our elite players could not sustain the path to victory, with so many senior players out.
It was once again a magnificent effort by this team.
Such courage and belief that they would be able to defy the odds.
In the end tonight, physical reality triumphed over mental courage.
But the fires of adversity are currently steeling this team.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 11:44 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
I mean, he selected Macrae ahead of Holmes for starters…

When did Holmes join Collingwood? Must have missed that.

2020 Draft!

Yeah you’re right. I’ve re-read it again. Thought he was talking about match committee’s decision to select Macrae tonight.

Ultimately, drafting is a hit and miss business. As long as your strike rate is around 60-70% of finding good players then you’ll be successful more often than not.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 11:47 pm

dfp

Last edited by think positive on Fri May 31, 2024 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 11:49 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
To be honest I didn’t think we had a hope in hell of winning this game with all our outs,and that’s how it turned out to be.We were very brave for three quarters but completely ran out of gas in the last quarter,because of all the young players and reserve grade players who just couldn’t run out the game.Fly said as much in his presser after the game.

this, 100% this.

geezusfrickencrap, some of you give my seeyounexttuesday relos a run for their money!

pendles is in, we win, degoey is in, we win, ELLIOT is in, we win,
PENDLES, DEGOEY, COX, WHE, JAMIE ELLIOT, CHECKERS, MITCHELL, MCSTAY, RICHARDS,

their outs are nothing compared to that!

tell me also is Frampton meant to break an ankle to avoid that 50 metre penalty by slamming the breaks on? he tried in plenty of time, that was a joke. Treloar throws the ball. every. single. time. He kicked over his shoulder the ball went about 7.75metre, mark, goal WTF! how many 10 metre marks did they get paid? why is nick allowed to be held non stop.

and why the **** are we playing OUR home game on THEIR HOME ground?

im $$%^%%$ ropable right now.

yes, i would really like to know why our goal kicking is so shit, been saying it for weeks.

however, i AM SO $$%^%%$ PROUD OF THE efforts of this never say die team. the footy gods and the scumbag welfare fans can go and **** em selves.

goodnight!

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 11:49 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Fly is stubborn coach and his tactics are obsolete now.

Shall we sack him then and get a coach with new tactics? 😳 if only it was so simple to solve this problem. We need to pull our weight and ram it down the AFL’s throat that we will not play home games at Marvel. I mean do something tangible to solve the problem instead of being subservient to them at all times. Maybe we need Eddie back to give the AFL a kick up the arse 🤬

Flys "obsolete tactics " won us a Premiership. Jeezus , how quickly these numb nuts forget, fuckingunreal. Surprised Surprised Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

No sure you fully grasp the notion of obsolete. They won us a flag LAST year. This season, that ‘save the game’ garbage is obsolete.

Fair dinkum are you kidding me or are you genuinely that dumb? We are the reigning premiers and you may or may not know this (I’m guessing it’s the latter) but even the premiers don’t win every game. Are they your expectations? You don’t seem to know that no team plans to remain the same season after season. Opposition clubs and players improve and occasionally play well enough to beat the reigning champions. Happens in every competitive league but you probably don’t know or understand that. You are extremely naive to say the least but being naive is not illegal so go for it 🙄

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:46 am

We were reliant on these players:

Sullivan
Harrison
Bytel
Macrae
Johnson
Parker

to replace:

Pendles
JDG
Elliott
Checkers
Cox
WHE

Not to mention us missing McInnes, McStay and the talented Richards.

What we have discovered, without doubt, is that Macrae, Johnson, Bytel and most likely Parker are not up to AFL standard.

The good thing is that Harrison and Sullivan are proving their worth. All is not lost peeps. After we get a few of our key experienced players back in 3 weeks or so, we are capable of going on a long winning streak, getting us into the finals. Even from 8th spot, we are capable of going all the way. Go Pies!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:50 am

We can drop 2 of our next 3 games and then get to the bye, after that we should get some reinforcements back. The only one we can't afford to lose is against North.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:25 am

It’s amazing when people simply question if we are trying to shut down games too early, they are attacked personally. Says more about them.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:26 am

Fly's presser

Pretty gutsy performance, but was it the critical mass of injuries that got the better of you in the end after doing so well in the last 3-4 weeks to cope with it?
Quote:
"I think the game itself got away from us with clearances and inside 50s against. That was the game in essence. 64 inside 50s is hard to win. For major parts, I said to the group that I feel like that we're not quite there hardened wise to play 120 minutes; this group in particular. It's two weeks in a row, I don't know if you go back to when we were in front last week and this week, maybe the 15 minute mark or whatever it was in the last quarter or close to it. We're not quite hardened enough. There's a lot of good going on, but we're not quite able to do it for four quarters at the minute for this group. We'll gain a lot out of this".

Coaches usually don't like to mention injuries, but how much does the massive injury list play into tonight's result?
Quote:
"How do you measure that? I just look at what we can control. I thought, if you want to just break the game down, I thought the first quarter we dominated but we didn’t take our chances. We could’ve been two or three more goals up than what we were. We had good ascendency, good clearances, centre clearances, and all our good players playing well. And then you play against an opposition that are so elite around the ball, they’re the best clearance team that we’ve come up against. You've got Bont, English playing well and Treloar. They just accumulate and they just wore us down. Maybe it was a bit too far with their talent at that part of the game late, but I think we’ll get to work on some of those system things we can improve".

How did you see the forward line working with Billy Frampton up forward and Ash Johnson returning?
Quote:
"I'll repeat myself here, we don’t rely on an individual goalkicker, we rely on a system, and we kicked 12 goals. Now, in the last few weeks, that has been enough to win or draw and tonight it wasn’t so there was a weight of numbers through clearance. That last quarter we hardly saw the ball inside 50. We only had 41 [inside 50s] ourselves, but we scored a lot of the times we went inside 50, but we just didn't get enough there tonight. That's a work in progress".

How did you see the Nick Daicos and Marcus Bontempelli dual even if they weren't direct opponents?
Quote:
"I've said this before, Bont would look good in a Collingwood jumper. He's a quality player isn't he? He's an elite player. I enjoy watching him when I watch footy. I'd come to the game to watch a player of his ilk. He can do a lot of things, and then Nick [Daicos] is playing exceptionally well for us. There's a lot of things that Nick does that maybe others don't see. His pressure has been elite for us around the ground. His clearance work has gone to another level. You got your money well spent tonight if you've come to watch those two".

You were 12 points up at 3QT with the momentum in your favour, what do you put the last quarter drop off down to?
Quote:
"Clearance. We just lost territory and then when we lost it we had to try and get the ball back inside 50 from our back half and we just didn't quite attack the game in the way we would have liked. We went a bit slow when we could have gone fast and then we got stuck. We've got some work to do on that. I said to the players that we what we are now I guarantee will be different in three weeks time. Not personnel based, but we're learning a lot, we're hardening up. We've got guys in certain phases of the game that are not quite delivering on it, but I know they'll learn and this group won't stand still".

One of those inexperienced players, Lachie Sullivan seems to be playing a team-focused game trying to make space for Nick Daicos at stoppage(s). Is that one of the positives coming out of your current situation?
Quote:
"There's many getting great opportunity that maybe they hadn't before and having to back it up. You saw Harvey Harrison last week, it's a tough game this one. You got to do it 6 days or 7 days later and repeat it. 393 games Pendles has played, 'oh my god how has he done that so often?' Lachie is getting a chance to learn and learning on the job. He did some really good stuff tonight and done some stuff where he'll look at and go 'gee, I could have done that better'. He's not going to stand still. There's a lot of opportunities. We play a system-based team. We play roles. I read an article about it's hard to play in the forward line at Collingwood. It is, but we reward it. We had a lot of guys who did a lot of unrewarded stuff tonight and hence why we kicked 12 goals. We're not standing still".

How did you view Ash Johnson's performance? He was receiving some bronx cheers from the crowd when he took a mark or two, but his defensive efforts seemed okay.
Quote:
"I think what we need to do is look at us as a collective, and not target individuals about mistakes they made, or whatever it is. We’re a system-based forward-line, and he’s required to play his role within that system. Now, he can do some stuff better and he did some really good stuff too and we’ll live in the space where we reward the behaviour and then look for more of those things once they keep presenting themselves".

Josh Daicos may have some MRO issues with a punch to Lachlan McNeil that gave away a free off the ball. Did you see the incident?
Quote:
"No, I haven't seen it. It's hard to comment".

What did you make of the application of the holding the ball rule and I assumed you watched last night's match with Port Adelaide and Carlton?
Quote:
"Yeah, a lot quicker aren't they? A lot quicker to pay holding the ball. It's almost like don't fight the tackle or you're gone. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of it, but I know we tackle a lot and we got a lot more holding the balls. Beau McCreery had 100 pressure points, that's a big number for a forward. He can win the Brownlow at this rate".

Do you think the players have adapted well to the new interpretation quickly?
Quote:
"I think we're all learning on the job. Tonight looked a bit different to last night I thought. Really hot. Even watching the VFL I thought 'ooh, that's hot'. All those that watched from home get a leg up because it looks like it will be a bit more of a tackle rewarded which is what we've got".

Lachie Schultz played well tonight and presented himself well. It's arguably his best performance with the club. How did you see his performance?
Quote:
"Like I said, we're going to get better. I can't see us not improving from these last couple of weeks through opportunities and there's guys learning their roles better. Lachie is competing really hard for us. He's had a bit of a tough patch lately with some stuff off the field and we support him through that and he goes out and shows everyone what he's capable of. He got rewarded on the scoreboard tonight".

Was John Noble's substitution an injury or tactical sub?
Quote:
"Tactical. We had Wil Parker who was a like for like and we thought let's get some fresh run on there. The young lad looks like he can play at the level too".

John Noble seemed to make some nervous mistakes in the first half, did you have to talk to him and calm him down?
Quote:
"We're entitled to make mistakes. That's the reality of the game. It's what you do next isn't it? That's how we live. We'll make mistakes consistently. The game forces you. It's what you do next that is important".

Any injuries to report?
Quote:
"No, we've got no injuries for the first time in a few weeks. Our rehab coordinator, the guy who manages that has been under so much pressure and I think he's got a stress fracture in his foot today [laughs*]. What do you do?

Anyone that might comeback next week?
Quote:
"Yeah, I'm not too sure. There might be a couple, but I'm not sure who at the moment that is. We have 10 days until King's Birthday, so it's a good chance to reset ourselves".

https://www.afl.com.au/video/1141734/full-post-match-r12-magpies?videoId=1141734&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1717163059001

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:17 am

Big T wrote:
It’s amazing when people simply question if we are trying to shut down games too early, they are attacked personally. Says more about them.

They don’t ask the question though. They state it as fact. The responses are therefore blunt.

Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:04 am

Haff wrote:
Lost in the first qtr so no, not 3 good qtrs.
You can’t dominate like we did and be only 17 pts up.
Still, our bottom 6 are all kids, our fwd line had Markov in it, no way you can expect to win games with that so I guess only losing by 18 is ok but it’s not like it was against their best side.
Ash and McRae won’t be here next season.
A game to forget.
At least I got the dogs at $2.04.

You bet on Footscray? And tell pies fans about it?
Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:15 am

piedys wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Goalless in the last.

When it mattered, Bont and Treloar stood up.

Bont best player in the AFL; bar none.

All Treloar did was get cheap out the back kicks all night.

It was us vs. The Bont all night; the rest of them are front-running grifters.

As for the <snip>I've had a serious gutful of their cheating over the last two weeks.
e.g. Welfare player flies for infringed speccy; play on, nothing to see here from the shitbags.
Bobby Hill flies for speccy, while the sluts have their whistles in their cock sucking mouths before he even hits the ground.

While BT, Richo and mung Hodge go quiet until the next welfare charity free.

NEVER seen so many soft free kicks given to the opposition in front of goal in my 40+ years of watching the game, while we get f^ck all at our ends.

No idea why Ed Allen didn't get another run this week either. Shameful.

Indeed. Daicos blatantly dropping the ball in front of Footscray's goal and not getting a free kick for it was deplorable.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:53 am

Cam wrote:
We can drop 2 of our next 3 games and then get to the bye, after that we should get some reinforcements back. The only one we can't afford to lose is against North.

Have you seen our run home. Crying or Very sad

It's a nightmare

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:12 am

Collingwouldn't wrote:
Haff wrote:
Lost in the first qtr so no, not 3 good qtrs.
You can’t dominate like we did and be only 17 pts up.
Still, our bottom 6 are all kids, our fwd line had Markov in it, no way you can expect to win games with that so I guess only losing by 18 is ok but it’s not like it was against their best side.
Ash and McRae won’t be here next season.
A game to forget.
At least I got the dogs at $2.04.

You bet on Footscray? And tell pies fans about it?

That adds credibility and shows that Haff is someone who can look at a game / result objectively.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:12 am

Missing those sodas in the 1st killed us in the end.

Damn shame cause the 4 points were there for the taking tonight.

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11   

Jump to: