Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Suns.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood Senior Coach Craig McRae has made five changes to the Magpies’ side for Saturday’s clash against the Gold Coast SUNS.

Scott Pendlebury, Brody Mihocek, Jordan De Goey, Oleg Markov and Joe Richards all return to the side from injury.

Lachie Schultz will miss the clash due to gastro, while Charlie Dean, Finlay Macrae, Reef McInnes and Tew Jiath have all been omitted.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:31 pm

Lots of changes. Dean a bit stiff. Wonder if it’s a horses for courses given GC don’t have a super tall forward line? Kreuger stays in and McInnes also misses.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:31 pm

The team's as expected, I reckon
Except for starting positions, IMO:

---> Change to:
Lipinski ---> Kreuger at FF
Markov ---> Frampton at FB
Noble -----> Naicos at HB

Joe Richard to HF

Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:57 pm

5 changes to GF team

Out

Murphy - who hardly played
Ginnavan - who didn’t do much
Elliot
Mitchell
Cox

In

Noble
Richards
Harrison
Sullivan
Kruger

I think this team compares more than favourably, and taking forward Frampton and replacing with back Frampton also a plus
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:05 pm

Will be even more interesting come August with all of Schultz, Elliot and McStay back on the track pushing for selection.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:27 pm

On paper, it's possibly the strongest team we've fielded all year.

I'm rapt to see 'Smokin' Joe Richards get a run, as he simply oozes class.

I'm actually glad to see both Noble and Markov selected, though I suspect only one of them will make it to our finals side.

What will be most interesting and exciting will be to see how Checkers and Krueger work together up forward. I'm also salivating at the thought of McStay joining them in 3-4 weeks time.

With Pendles, JDG, Naicos and Crisp as our main midfielders, this is the strongest on ball brigade we've had on the park for some time.

My guess is that Sullivan will be the sub.

Pies by plenty.

Last edited by RudeBoy on Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:10 pm

Agreed RudeBoy. Would be nice to be able to field the same 22 two weeks in a row too.

Did you see how excited Fly was in his presser today about the prospect of McStay returning to the park.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:27 pm

Now that the Sergeant is out...
Q. Who will Kreuger swap with at FF?

Actually, Kreuger was seen roaming around the wing at times last week.
So, search me, I got no idea of the roles in the Fwd line.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:36 am

[quote="
Did you see how excited Fly was in his presser today about the prospect of McStay returning to the park.[/quote]

Watching the footage, he looks really in good shape, seems to have added strength on top, and more athletic.

He's looking imposing (at training), a step above.
Boot 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:56 am

RudeBoy wrote:
On paper, it's possibly the strongest team we've fielded all year.

I'm rapt to see 'Smokin' Joe Richards get a run, as he simply oozes class.

I'm actually glad to see both Noble and Markov selected, though I suspect only one of them will make it to our finals side.

What will be most interesting and exciting will be to see how Checkers and Krueger work together up forward. I'm also salivating at the thought of McStay joining them in 3-4 weeks time.

With Pendles, JDG, Naicos and Crisp as our main midfielders, this is the strongest on ball brigade we've had on the park for some time.

My guess is that Sullivan will be the sub.

Pies by plenty.

I can't see Collingwood playing all three of Mihocek, Kreuger and McStay in the same team. If McStay makes it back this season it will be Kreuger who is most likely to make way for him. Be great to see if Kreuger can finally show some form at AFL level, similar to what he did against Melbourne, and make it tough for the likes of McStay and Cox to get back into the starting line-up.
From what I've seen on the training track, McStay looks a million dollars with his athleticism and size. At least with Mihocek and Kreuger both playing there is not as much pressure to rush McStay back into the team, so they should be able to ease him back into the team via at least a couple of game in the VFL. Similarly for Jamie Elliot on his recover we don't have to rush him back.
Hopefully these two crucial components to our team, along with Cox, will be available and playing at AFL level for the last 4 weeks of the home and away season to give them and the team time to settle into tempo before the September finals begin.
At the risk of tempting disaster, the ducks are all lining up pretty well for Collingwood to be very well positioned for a successful defense of their premiership cup this year. If they can defeat the Suns this round then even better!

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:05 am

What about this for our forward line:
CF: Hill Kruger Marcov
FF: Harrison Chrckers Richards

And this for our half back line:
CB: Maynard Moore Crisp
Pies by 20 points
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:26 pm

I can't see us playing all three of McStay, Kreuger, and Mihocek together for very long periods of time. I think the only way the three of them play is if Kreuger plays second ruck and plays up the ground more. I think a forward line with McStay, Mihocek and McInnes is probably more viable in the long run.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:48 pm

This week will be Kreuger's first time playing 3 AFL games in a row.

Given his history, must feel under huge pressure to justify his spot on the list.

That's a big load on the shoulders, I see him willing himself really hard, and I sensed last time his natural game coming out.

A good game on Saturday could be the stepping stone he needs. But imo tethering on the edge of NQR. Needs a good game.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:58 pm

Boot and GC - I understand why you doubt we'll play Checkers, Krueger and McStay in our forward line. However, last year we played Checkers, McStay and Cox, so we have history of playing 3 tall forwards. Of course, Krueger would need to do a bit of relieving ruck work, which I'm sure he'll do, even tomorrow. Anyway, time will tell.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:44 pm

Suns’ burning question: Is this their Grand Final?
Magpies’ burning question: Will there be any growing pains reintegrating stars?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-the-blowtorch-round-16-preview-every-clubs-burning-question-analysis-fox-footy-commentators-tv-guide-fixture-latest-news/news-story/ebbd3138aec63f5e0b439107864744b6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: