Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#12 Matt Scharenberg

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 92, 93, 94  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
We've done well out of most trades/departures in recent times, I'm not too fussed.

I'm actually rapt that he wants out because I have never rated him much as a player. Now we can trade him for a player who wants to play for Collingwood.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:22 pm

mosig wrote:
[quote="5150"]Matt came to my juice stand this afternoon and ordered a strawberry, banana and blueberry smoothie.

He even had the nerve to ask as I was blending up his drink "do you think I'm gunna look good into those colors"

Gonski...[/quote]

That's all the evidence I need. But then, I find anecdotal juice related statements particularly compelling.
Thanks for telling me your opinion.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:23 pm

I think this might be structure and opportunity issue.
Since Sharon arrived at the club players like Langdon, Marsh, Oxley and Frost have filled up the key backline positions.
Scharenberg was drafted as an intercept player but Langdon has taken that role.
Seedsmans in much the same boat, a more than handy player when he's playing well but not good enough when he isn't.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:37 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Hope Lazza is warming a good china tea-pot and that your best Oolong tea is being handled with tender loving care JW, because I reckon the odds of Shazza wearing black and white are shortening by the day.

i should invite rudie to this. he looks like he needs a good cuppa, a bex and a lie down. let's schedule this for the day we have the mass stoning down at the westpac centre.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:43 pm

It might come back to bite me on the arse but it's time to stop sitting on the fence.

He's gone in my opinion.

I've always had my suspicions once he started talking about putting off contract talks till the end of the year as it's a common story we've seen time and again from players who inevitably end up leaving.

In Scharenbergs case it's even more peculiar given his injury history with most players in similar circumstances being just content to be re-signed.

Some would say he was just holding off until his senior debut in the hope of securing a more lucrative contract offer but with that moment passing and only 3 weeks to go in our season I can't see a reason to hold out any longer if he genuinely wants to stay.

perthmagpie Aries

John Wren wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Hope Lazza is warming a good china tea-pot and that your best Oolong tea is being handled with tender loving care JW, because I reckon the odds of Shazza wearing black and white are shortening by the day.

i should invite rudie to this. he looks like he needs a good cuppa, a bex and a lie down. let's schedule this for the day we have the mass stoning down at the westpac centre.

Is this stoning day only for Legends Members. Because quite frankly with all the money I give the Club I expect to get some stones with scarf and cap for my money.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

RudeBoy wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
We've done well out of most trades/departures in recent times, I'm not too fussed.

I'm actually rapt that he wants out because I have never rated him much as a player. Now we can trade him for a player who wants to play for Collingwood.

You can't know that for sure. I remember you were pretty certain Cloke was gone too. I actually think he'll be a gun but if he goes I'm confident we'll work ourselves a good deal.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:57 pm

First time I've said it, reckon it's now or never for Shazza, unfortunately I'm now in the never camp.

Oh well 2 first round pick again!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:11 pm

jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
To be honest if Shazza hasn't shown a strong indication that he'll re-sign I'd rather we protect his trade value and lower the risk of serious injury over the remaining 4 weeks.

Players are as "at risk" of injury playing either level, hell they can do that training.

\
Especially Friday training!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:20 pm

If he does go & Aish goes with him it does invite the notion of a big name player like Dangerfield coming to us + some other things in the mix.

Then again all is speculation & a lot of us thought Cloke might have been a goner too as JW was pointing out.

Last edited by watt price tully on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:21 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I don't understand why so many of my fellow Nicksters have been unable/unwilling to accept what has been blatantly obvious for months now - Scharenberg does not want to play for Collingwood. His body language has screamed it, his continual deferring of contract negotiations has screamed it, his unwillingness to say that he wants to play for us has screamed it, and now we know that he won't tell the club what he wants to do. What part of his behaviour and language don't some of you understand? It's now time for us to tell him what to do. F*ck off.

First round draft pick, Scharenberg and Kennedy to Adelaide for Dangerfield. Do it Pies.

I called it before you Razz but do have some splinters lodged in my arse subsequently.

I think dreams of Dangerfield should be put on hold given our interest in Treloar and strong assumption he's off to Geelong.

As I've said in the past if we had of got the same type of performance out of Scharenberg that we've seen in Langdon over the last two years we'd have been delighted that we'd nailed our No.6 pick.

With Langdon, Maynard and now Marsh I believe structurally we have the coverage for Scharenberg should he indeed leave and could actually benefit from using the compensation by drafting/trading for a player to fill an area of the ground we have more weakness in.

We would want a first round selection for Scharenberg but should be mindful that Brisbane would feel the exact same way about Aish should he be interested in coming to us.

Given the whole Beams saga though last year I'm sure there is a bit of bad blood between us and we'll look to squeeze Aish out of Brisbane for something less than a first rounder if that trade eventuates.

Adelaide might trade for him as well.

Ideally if Scharenberg leaves we use a first round selection on a forward prospect either of key forward size or with speed and x-factor.

Motlop or Bennell another alternative we could explore.

The former we probably couldn't afford alongside Treloar the latter mightn't be suitable given the whole Keeffe/Thomas drama.

Scharenberg might end up a gun in a few years time and we look back and say if only but if he wants to leave and is out of contract not much we can do other than make the best out of the situation.

Last edited by swoop42 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:22 pm

John Wren wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

What exactly is a mass stoning at the Westpac center?
Is it like moslem countries where women get stoned for committing adultery or is it like Western countries where women get stoned and commit adultery?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:28 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
First time I've said it, reckon it's now or never for Shazza, unfortunately I'm now in the never camp.

Oh well 2 first round pick again!

1 or Both could be Traded

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:32 pm

I think he will stay
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:36 pm

swoop42 wrote:
It might come back to bite me on the arse but it's time to stop sitting on the fence.

He's gone in my opinion.

I've always had my suspicions once he started talking about putting off contract talks till the end of the year as it's a common story we've seen time and again from players who inevitably end up leaving.

In Scharenbergs case it's even more peculiar given his injury history with most players in similar circumstances being just content to be re-signed.

So where's Freeman going then? Exactly the same situation.

I don't know if he's going or staying and don't see the fascination in being the first to call him gone (Rudeboy seems to like going very hard and early on this Very Happy). When the news is out (no not tonight's non-news) I'll think about it, until then he's a Collingwood player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 92, 93, 94  Next
Page 41 of 94   

Jump to: