Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

SaraNeighed Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

a month or so ago there was a stat that had our best players in meters gained. from memory our best on average was Adams who was ranked 27 th in the comp. that was the second lowest best of any club bettering only Essendon. it's a stat that keeps playing on my mind as I have never watched a more indirect game plan for as long as I have watched football. I would love to see a team stat on this but I haven't seen it summarised.

sometimes when we play direct and give our forwards a chance we look ok, but we only ever seem to do this when we are way behind. thinking back over the season and the frustration I have felt at this style of play I have often wondered about meters gained when we are in front or close and whether our meters gained by possession is better than essendons? I don't think it would be better than anyone else.

anyway I'm bored, again, Petrie misses again. but Thomas gets his second due to stupidity. bad coach bad plan bad season.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:24 pm

BUX is a dud
But please happy sacks tell me something different.
Your opinions are drowned out by reality.
Bux is a dud pure and simple.
But please tell me all the excuses like injuries and bad luck nd blah blah blah.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:03 pm

The sooner he's gone the better.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:14 pm

thompsoc wrote:
BUX is a dud
But please tell me all the excuses like injuries and bad luck nd blah blah blah.

Let those of us that ain't got our head firmly wedge in our backside give an accurate analysis...

Coach was smelling the roses from nov 2015 to March 2016. Though he drilled the game plan into a willing playing group. After 7 rounds of an abomination the Prez says publicly "your gameplan is not good enough". This stimulates the coaches giving "an extra 10% on the track" and finally directing a young playing group what to do. The the players wore the heat in the media for the obvious gameplan failings.

Then we get to mid year and the coach decides defensive accountability is useful... The team vs blues and freo is hot of defence. Can't score for Sh!t but they can all of a sudden defend.

Then GWS... We Win. We smash em. Bucks can coach. Yet the Krakouer Magic says "buyer beware, it's round 16 or so, that's when finals teams take on harder training loads..."... The old Krakouer Magic cops plenty of stick for the next week and says "well then gents let's all look forward to smashing Adelaide in clearances"...

Did we smash Adelaide in clearances? Nope.

Did we smash NMFC in clearances? Nope

We beat GWS cause they were fatigued from a high training load. Even though Adelaide were in a higher training load they still pantsed us. And NMFC, well I bet they finished their high training load last week.

Krakouer Magic is two things, a dude who talks about himself in the 3rd person, and absolutely right about the incompetence of the coaching staff at the Collingwood Football Club!!!

Let's get the interviews going for the 2017 coach. Bomber Thompson happy to hear what you got to say babe...

40 point loss to NMFC... In what universe is that acceptable???
Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:23 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
BUX is a dud

Let those of us that ain't got our head firmly wedge in our backside give an accurate analysis...

Coach was smelling the roses from nov 2015 to March 2016. Though he drilled the game plan into a willing playing group. After 7 rounds of an abomination the Prez says publicly "your gameplan is not good enough". This stimulates the coaches giving "an extra 10% on the track" and finally directing a young playing group what to do. The the players wore the heat in the media for the obvious gameplan failings.

Then we get to mid year and the coach decides defensive accountability is useful... The team vs blues and freo is hot of defence. Can't score for Sh!t but they can all of a sudden defend.

Then GWS... We Win. We smash em. Bucks can coach. Yet the Krakouer Magic says "buyer beware, it's round 16 or so, that's when finals teams take on harder training loads..."... The old Krakouer Magic cops plenty of stick for the next week and says "well then gents let's all look forward to smashing Adelaide in clearances"...

Did we smash Adelaide in clearances? Nope.

Did we smash NMFC in clearances? Nope

We beat GWS cause they were fatigued from a high training load. Even though Adelaide were in a higher training load they still pantsed us. And NMFC, well I bet they finished their high training load last week.

Krakouer Magic is two things, a dude who talks about himself in the 3rd person, and absolutely right about the incompetence of the coaching staff at the Collingwood Football Club!!!

Let's get the interviews going for the 2017 coach. Bomber Thompson happy to hear what you got to say babe...

40 point loss to NMFC... In what universe is that acceptable???

You can't excuse referring to yourself in the third person by being aware of it. That mixed with your interest as Bomber as an alternate coach?

Credibility = zero.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:25 pm

^km, you might be right or you might be wrong. Since the matter will only be proven in the future we will find out then. I think 2017 will be the year that this development side hits its straps. If it doesn't then i'd say the case is proven and Buckley needs to go. I think rebuilds take a few years to show their quality, and that's where we are. Jury's out, for mine.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:47 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^km, you might be right or you might be wrong. Since the matter will only be proven in the future we will find out then. I think 2017 will be the year that this development side hits its straps. If it doesn't then i'd say the case is proven and Buckley needs to go. I think rebuilds take a few years to show their quality, and that's where we are. Jury's out, for mine.

The jury is out!
THE JURY gave its decision a while go and they said guilty for being a complete and utter dud.
You forgot to read the Reality Times young man.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:54 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

The jury is out!
THE JURY gave its decision a while go and they said guilty for being a complete and utter dud.

Suggest read the various Reality Times threads and tantrums about sacking malthouse in 2008/2009. Reality then was "we haven't won a premiership in ten years under Malthouse... How long does he need.... ." It was true.... But it was not wise.

I think we should be starting to enter the phase when a development squad of young blokes becomes a figting force. You have to sow before you harvest, and this is still the growing season. But there are limits, amd if we cannot make finals next year i think the harvest is overdue and he goes.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:57 pm

We would be awesome if we played 4 quarters. Good to see we tried something different in the kick ins tonight. Loved the kick it to yourself and drop the ball.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:59 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
We would be awesome if we played 4 quarters. Good to see we tried something different in the kick ins tonight. Loved the kick it to yourself and drop the ball.

Yep, the shinboners laughed til they scored.....

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:59 pm

Mugwump wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

The jury is out!

Suggest read the various Reality Times threads and tantrums about sacking malthouse in 2008/2009. Reality then was "we haven't won a premiership in ten years under Malthouse... How long does he need.... ." It was true.... But it was not wise.

I think we should be starting to enter the phase when a development squad of young blokes becomes a figting force. You have to sow before you harvest, and this is still the growing season. But there are limits, amd if we cannot make finals next year i think the harvest is overdue and he goes.

Malthouse took us to 2 GF's and a few finals before 2008.
Bux has taken us backwards year after year.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:01 am

Forget all the spin. Bucks talked the talk this week about finals and the team was exposed. They had a crack but simply outcoached by another dud. It's time for Bucks to well and truly FO. I'm over under achieving. I'm didn't expect to win but geez the coach has to accept responsibility for his failings. We are going nowhere whilst he is coach.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:03 am

Can somone please explain that changing the coach will be a backward step?
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:05 am

Yeah he talked the talk but the start tonight was undisciplined. To much crap at the man and off the ball. By the time we focused back at hard tough footy we were 6 goals down, not good enough.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:26 am

Personally I think we have a good list and there's potential to play much better football than we are playing, but we have to stop playing dumb football that plays to the opposition strengths. North are a strong physical side so why try to unsettle them physically? I think if we had tried to outrun them tonight like Port Adelaide did a week ago we would have had a better chance of beating them. I admire the effort the team put up tonight though. You could tell the team desperately wanted to win tonight and that's all you ask as a supporter. So,it's difficult to assess the coaching staff based on how the team is performing. Individuals are improving this year. Players that started the year poorly have gotten better as the year's progressed. I just don't see how this coaching group are going to take the team forward unless there's a very clear vision of what is needed to improve.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 41 of 110   

Jump to: