Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
The fine and suspension I get, under the circumstances. The 10 weeks community service seems ... a bit much?

Au contraire mon frere.

I get the community service in fact he should be taken to work with victims of violence. I get the fine but I don't get the suspension because the latter affects the whole team. I think suspending him is plain stupid & akin to shooting oneself in the foot.

In reality after not playing since game 1 of the JLT series and missing 3 to 4 weeks of the season with his broken hand de Goey would have needed a minimum 2 weeks in the VFL anyway to find some fitness and form.

I think the suspension is smart as it sends all the right messages and in truth is probably only adding 1 extra week to the time we see de Goey play AFL again.

Will he be allowed to play VFL during his suspension? Otherwise you're pushing a potential 5-6 weeks out of the seniors into 8-10 out.

I believe the club has already stated he'll be able to play VFL during the suspension.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:23 am

Culprit wrote:
De Goin Nowhere is as soft as butter and can't win a fight. So he tried to bullshit his way out of it and proved that he is also dumb. I would suggest he will have the remainder of the season to redeem himself or De Goin Nowhere will simply be De Goin.

De Goin......De List......De Gone
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:45 am

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
The fine and suspension I get, under the circumstances. The 10 weeks community service seems ... a bit much?

Au contraire mon frere.

I get the community service in fact he should be taken to work with victims of violence. I get the fine but I don't get the suspension because the latter affects the whole team. I think suspending him is plain stupid & akin to shooting oneself in the foot.

A bit of pre-emptive community service also stood Marley Williams in good stead. JdG hit someone and with the way these guys train, it would have hurt and I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of court case in the near future
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:48 am

thompsoc wrote:
David wrote:

Oh yes, throw the book at him, punishment and severe punishment always works, that is why jails are full of only one time inmates! Oh wait that is not true....giving him the fine, the public humiliation, community work and 3 week suspension and lets not forget the ISIS inspired collingwood media with his hand in full view interview treatment and it is anyone's guess whether it will help or hinder.
To me the collective punishment is over the top.

Haha, with you on the ISIS-style confession video – I was thinking more 1984, though.

https://youtu.be/BjDg3lQGmRs

Skip to 3:17

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:54 am

Must be great for some on here to have once been young, but to have never made a mistake, lied about it, and led such a pure life of never doing a wrong thing. Jeesus, some people are full of it, so perfect in every way. Actually, I saw a Doco on tele the other night on Joan of Arc, perhaps we should burn him at the stake, to satisfy these never do wrong bloody do gooders. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:05 am

Look, I as done on this guy as the rest of you and probably more disappointed than many.

Let's just hope that this is a turning point for him and he comes to the realisation that he is flushing his AFL career down the toilet and he emulates what Swanny achieved in the past by changing his attitude and becoming the player he has the potential to be.

I am not willing to give up on this kid just yet and see us waste another high level draft pick.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:12 am

David wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
David wrote:

Oh yes, throw the book at him, punishment and severe punishment always works, that is why jails are full of only one time inmates! Oh wait that is not true....giving him the fine, the public humiliation, community work and 3 week suspension and lets not forget the ISIS inspired collingwood media with his hand in full view interview treatment and it is anyone's guess whether it will help or hinder.
To me the collective punishment is over the top.

Haha, with you on the ISIS-style confession video – I was thinking more 1984, though.

https://youtu.be/BjDg3lQGmRs

Skip to 3:17

Absolutely nailed it!
I accuse myself of the following.......
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:34 am

Was it Walshy's day off on Monday?

How the hell can they fall for not one dog story, but two in 13 months ?

Its the 'curse of the phantom frisbee' and the club have copped their right whack for being so gullible.

No one believes either dog story.
Was the leadership group involved in talking to Jordan?
Unbelievable what a laughing stock we have become.
How did they let Buckley get out there and try and sell this?
Maybe they (Walsh, Pert, Leadership Group) are throwing Buck's under the bus.

Big chance JDG's next game in the mighty B&W is under a different coach.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:36 am

Have seen sport bods on three channels news since this story broke and the ABC guy said

The eight is close to being settled by round 8 ( would like to see a graph over several seasons to establish that) and missing key players can impact the season

That may be his take but mine is the old school "When one door shuts another opens"

So lads put distracting crap out of your thoughts and do the jumper proud

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:47 am

I read these pages most days and see post after post of people screaming for change, sack the coach, sack the board, cut this player, cut that player....and it is often passionately fuelled and followed by sentiments of people having had a gut full of rose coloured glass wearers and fans who accept mediocrity breeding a culture that will never get us our next flag.

So here I read about the actions of a relatively good prospect in JDG, a high draft pick, natural looking footballer, a player who could be an important cog in helping us take a step towards that next flag.

And those actions were his sole responsibility. They were his to own. Not the clubs, not his teammates- his. He did it. No one else.

And the consequences of HIS actions, before intervention?

The club loses this cog, its investment, its team mate, its favourite player and a little piece of its hope for a month never mind the suspension.

Leaving behind a disappointed and somewhat let down, club, coach, teammate, supporter and culture.

Our culture didn't fail him- he failed the culture. And now to maintain our culture he needs to be penalised.

He gave us mediocrity. And now some of you who consistently complain about our culture accepting mediocrity somehow want to accept it here.

You say he's just a kid, and we all make mistakes, and he shouldn't get extra weeks etc etc

Well JDG is a man. Not a kid. He is also a contracted player. He gets paid to do a job. He is responsible for preparing for that job. Most working people are and the degree of that preparation varies from job to job.

From an office worker refraining from drinking too much on a sunday night, to a mine worker who in some roles are tested daily, to a footballer who should be good to go this Friday night having exercised the necessary precautions during the pre-season.

These "necessary precautions" include very much avoiding punching other people. Go to your 21st - no probs- live a little no worries. punch someone? best not - as you need to be ready for work.

Well JDG cant do his job this Friday night. And its his fault. In doing so he has let down a lot of folk. And as a result some of those same folk (his team mates) have been put in a position where they need to react. They need to maintain a good culture- the one they all adhere to. So they passed on a judgement of 3 weeks. And I guarantee you it pissed them off to have to do it. Why? it punishes them too, and us - it punishes Collingwood.

There is nothing over the top about it. Look around. Hodge missed one training session where he forgot to call in. He will miss round one. Why? To set an example of the culture of one of the most successful clubs over the last 50 yrs.

JDG and all of us need to suck it up and get on with it.

I want Collingwood to win flags. That's it. This kind of stupidity does not help us do that.

Lessons be learnt - not preconceived.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Last edited by September Zeros on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:48 am

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

Au contraire mon frere.

I tend to agree. Maybe even a bigger fine plus the community service. There may be issues with the Players Association in terms of how much a player can be fined, but it's something which should be explored as a better punishment of the individual for an individual offense. As it stands, the whole team, and we supporters, have been punished. The community service order is a good one because by all accounts Jordy has a pretty big head, and maybe, just maybe, working with less privileged people may teach him a bit of humility.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:13 pm

jackcass wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

Au contraire mon frere.

I tend to agree. Maybe 12 months community service instead of a suspension is the more appropriate way to go.

What does a player have to do Jackcass for you to exert an anger, rage and sense of old school justice! You are so tolerant of mediocrity.

PS: Oh yes I am back and going to keep monitoring your sycophantic drivel.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:44 pm

inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

Au contraire mon frere.

I tend to agree. Maybe 12 months community service instead of a suspension is the more appropriate way to go.

What does a player have to do Jackcass for you to exert an anger, rage and sense of old school justice! You are so tolerant of mediocrity.

arnold.jpg

Inxs 88 is back to keep them honest!

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:00 pm

September Zeros, your post is eloquent and logical.
This situation isn't about a kid who made a mistake. He's an adult, he's well paid; with that comes responsibility.

And by the way, when he was drafted at pick 5 he said to Bucks, "I will never let you down". Well, he did. He has some making up to do.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:27 pm

thompsoc wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

Au contraire mon frere.

HASTA LA VISTA JACKCASS!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 42 of 301   

Jump to: