Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Golf clap, slow clap, or gif of that monkey pulling on the dogs tail.....

I cant decide which one to go with Jackcass

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:38 pm

swoop42 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
The fine and suspension I get, under the circumstances. The 10 weeks community service seems ... a bit much?

Au contraire mon frere.

I get the community service in fact he should be taken to work with victims of violence. I get the fine but I don't get the suspension because the latter affects the whole team. I think suspending him is plain stupid & akin to shooting oneself in the foot.

In reality after not playing since game 1 of the JLT series and missing 3 to 4 weeks of the season with his broken hand de Goey would have needed a minimum 2 weeks in the VFL anyway to find some fitness and form.

I think the suspension is smart as it sends all the right messages and in truth is probably only adding 1 extra week to the time we see de Goey play AFL again.

Will he be allowed to play VFL during his suspension? Otherwise you're pushing a potential 5-6 weeks out of the seniors into 8-10 out.

I believe the club has already stated he'll be able to play VFL during the suspension.

That's a relief. At least he'll have a few VFL games under his belt when he's able to return.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:46 pm

inxs88, irrespective of how you judge others comments, posters have the right to challenge and disagree with your views. That doesn't make it sycophantic drivel Rolling Eyes Very silly comment by you dude. Shocked
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:47 pm

inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
The fine and suspension I get, under the circumstances. The 10 weeks community service seems ... a bit much?

Au contraire mon frere.

I get the community service in fact he should be taken to work with victims of violence. I get the fine but I don't get the suspension because the latter affects the whole team. I think suspending him is plain stupid & akin to shooting oneself in the foot.

I tend to agree. Maybe 12 months community service instead of a suspension is the more appropriate way to go.

What does a player have to do Jackcass for you to exert an anger, rage and sense of old school justice! You are so tolerant of mediocrity.

PS: Oh yes I am back and going to keep monitoring your sycophantic drivel.

Ain't assumption the mother of all f*#@ ups!

Where in any of my posts have I suggested tolerance of mediocrity? That I'm not angered by this incident?

Just because I don't see the need to throw a completely over the top and unwarranted hysterical hissy fit doesn't mean I'm happy.

Maybe I could hand you a mirror and you could actually look at your communication as being the root of your problems.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:47 pm

Looks like the silly posters like inxs88 have all returned after months of relative peace on Nick's...... Razz
Bloody fair weather fans................... Evil or Very Mad

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:08 pm

September Zeros wrote:
I read these pages most days and see post after post of people screaming for change, sack the coach, sack the board, cut this player, cut that player....and it is often passionately fuelled and followed by sentiments of people having had a gut full of rose coloured glass wearers and fans who accept mediocrity breeding a culture that will never get us our next flag.

So here I read about the actions of a relatively good prospect in JDG, a high draft pick, natural looking footballer, a player who could be an important cog in helping us take a step towards that next flag.

And those actions were his sole responsibility. They were his to own. Not the clubs, not his teammates- his. He did it. No one else.

And the consequences of HIS actions, before intervention?

The club loses this cog, its investment, its team mate, its favourite player and a little piece of its hope for a month never mind the suspension.

Leaving behind a disappointed and somewhat let down, club, coach, teammate, supporter and culture.

Our culture didn't fail him- he failed the culture. And now to maintain our culture he needs to be penalised.

He gave us mediocrity. And now some of you who consistently complain about our culture accepting mediocrity somehow want to accept it here.

You say he's just a kid, and we all make mistakes, and he shouldn't get extra weeks etc etc

Well JDG is a man. Not a kid. He is also a contracted player. He gets paid to do a job. He is responsible for preparing for that job. Most working people are and the degree of that preparation varies from job to job.

From an office worker refraining from drinking too much on a sunday night, to a mine worker who in some roles are tested daily, to a footballer who should be good to go this Friday night having exercised the necessary precautions during the pre-season.

These "necessary precautions" include very much avoiding punching other people. Go to your 21st - no probs- live a little no worries. punch someone? best not - as you need to be ready for work.

Well JDG cant do his job this Friday night. And its his fault. In doing so he has let down a lot of folk. And as a result some of those same folk (his team mates) have been put in a position where they need to react. They need to maintain a good culture- the one they all adhere to. So they passed on a judgement of 3 weeks. And I guarantee you it pissed them off to have to do it. Why? it punishes them too, and us - it punishes Collingwood.

There is nothing over the top about it. Look around. Hodge missed one training session where he forgot to call in. He will miss round one. Why? To set an example of the culture of one of the most successful clubs over the last 50 yrs.

JDG and all of us need to suck it up and get on with it.

I want Collingwood to win flags. That's it. This kind of stupidity does not help us do that.

Lessons be learnt - not preconceived.

That is a very well balanced,reasonable and rational post.

Now the question that needs to be asked is what the hell are you doing here writing stuff like that? Very Happy
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:24 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Culprit wrote:
De Goin Nowhere is as soft as butter and can't win a fight. So he tried to bullshit his way out of it and proved that he is also dumb. I would suggest he will have the remainder of the season to redeem himself or De Goin Nowhere will simply be De Goin.

De Goin......De List......De Gone

Yep, delist him and then he can go to the Hawks, and help them win yet another flag, brilliant idea, just brilliant. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:29 pm

Theres more hot air and over reaction drivel on here, than Truffles Trumble uses up in an entire week in Parliament. Get over it, the kid made a mistake, he lied, got found out, is now humiliated and being punished by the Club, hopefully he can learn a hard lesson and turn it all around for the good of himself and the team. Thats my final word, this is beyond boring now here.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Several pages back on this thread I had a crack at Woods who was critical of Buckley's presser. I stand my my position that first and foremost DeGoey let his coach down badly but I also accept that you were correct. The club should never have bought his story cos it seems every journo in town didn't. John Ralph said on SEN today that he was straight on the phone to JDG's management asking what the real story was. There are experienced heads in our club who should never have allowed that to happen. I'm still ropeable with DeGoey and now ropeable with the football staff and CEO who didn't do their jobs properly. Woods I apologise. You were right. I'm still wrapped that our coach wanted to back his player though. I don't blame him at all. I know from experience that an employee who doesn't feel supported by his boss will not put his heart into his work like one who does. Now that DeGoey has been dealt with; Ed should come down hard on the other individuals that let our coach down.
MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:56 pm

Really messy for the club and Jordan and Nathan

Long post so please bear with me.

My daughter went to Mandeville and her group of friends know Jordy through mutual connections with St Kevin's kids (sister school).

Jordan was cocky at school and he has become even more cocky since being drafted. He likes to party, his behaviour issues are well known in the footy industry. Last year Gubby had a one on one with Jordy and he was put up for trade. Not one club bit and the common reason was he has serious behaviour concerns.

Ben Hart was on radio last night and said Collingwood don't have a discipline issue entirely but a number of players have discipline issues. That is a worry.

De Goey was dropped late last year. It wasn't due to form Dips but a series of behaviour transgressions. No doubt Hart is alluding to De Goey here.

The club has shot itself in the foot here. As soon as the story broke with the dog ate my homework excuse, you knew it was a lie. Anyone could tell you that. The media were laughing at it and rightly so.

One wonders why Buckley put himself in such a vulnerable situation. Is he too trusting? Is he too naive? Is he simply not intelligent enough to put the sequence of events together last week with Jordan celebrating his 21st on Friday and it falling on the last free weekend for footballers for 6 months?

Major egg on the face for all parties. The club, the coach and the player.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:00 pm

MarkOSuv wrote:

My daughter went to Mandeville and her group of friends know Jordy through mutual connections with St Kevin's kids (sister school).

Jordan was cocky at school and he has become even more cocky since being drafted. He likes to party, his behaviour issues are well known in the footy industry. Last year Gubby had a one on one with Jordy and he was put up for trade. Not one club bit and the common reason was he has serious behaviour concerns.

Ben Hart was on radio last night and said Collingwood don't have a discipline issue entirely but a number of players have discipline issues. That is a worry.

De Goey was dropped late last year. It wasn't due to form Dips but a series of behaviour transgressions. No doubt Hart is alluding to De Goey here.

The club has shot itself in the foot here. As soon as the story broke with the dog ate my homework excuse, you knew it was a lie. Anyone could tell you that. The media were laughing at it and rightly so.

One wonders why Buckley put himself in such a vulnerable situation. Is he too trusting? Is he too naive? Is he simply not intelligent enough to put the sequence of events together last week with Jordan celebrating his 21st on Friday and it falling on the last free weekend for footballers for 6 months?

You are completely wrong in your criticism of Bucks. His philosophy is to ALWAYS believe his players, so they have trust in him. The only person with egg on his face is De Gooey.
MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:07 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:

You are completely wrong in your criticism of Bucks. His philosophy is to ALWAYS believe his players, so they have trust in him. The only person with egg on his face is De Gooey.

You have to have some cyncism to be a successful coach. If you believe everything your players tell you, they will take you for a ride like what Jordan has done here.

I'm a school teacher. I've heard every excuse under the book. When someone says the dog ate my homework I literally know they have no shame and no excuse.

A senior coach has to have a mix of savvyness and empathy. Anyone with half a clue knew Jordan had just turned 21 and had a history of questionable behaviour. Anyone with half a clue knew the story was bullshit. Buckley opened himself up to being embarrassed through a lack of due diligence and blind faith in a player who had red flashing lights all over him.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:09 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Golf clap, slow clap, or gif of that monkey pulling on the dogs tail.....

I cant decide which one to go with Jackcass

Any of those would accurately convey my concern, I'll leave the choice to you, then there is some level of surprise to look forward to.

Last edited by jackcass on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:18 pm

MarkOSuv wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:

You have to have some cyncism to be a successful coach. If you believe everything your players tell you, they will take you for a ride like what Jordan has done here.

I'm a school teacher. I've heard every excuse under the book. When someone says the dog ate my homework I literally know they have no shame and no excuse.

A senior coach has to have a mix of savvyness and empathy. Anyone with half a clue knew Jordan had just turned 21 and had a history of questionable behaviour. Anyone with half a clue knew the story was bullshit. Buckley opened himself up to being embarrassed through a lack of due diligence and blind faith in a player who had red flashing lights all over him.

Without being privy to the conversation it's a bit of a leap to assume Bucks wasn't cynical of the excuse offered up but either way it doesn't diminish his need to demonstrate support for his players. I think the humour of his media conference says a lot about his thinking. The "yes it's highly unlikely but I've discussed with Jordan and he emphatically affirmed this actually happened as described so I'm left with little recourse than to support him" outcome was as you'd expect.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:26 pm

MarkOSuv wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:

It's not about believing or not, it's about publicly displaying faith in his players.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 43 of 301   

Jump to: