Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match - Pies v. Swans. All comments here please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie Andy Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

All we need immediately are

Rupert, Presto, Bucks, Neon Leon, ROCCA, Molloy, Holland and Clocke and the rest and were one hell of a team

yes GO PIES

Cya l8er Swans ur going down!! even down the ladder and where taking 2nd place

CARN PIES

GO ROCCA, We Are Ready For Da Finalz

We ArE BlAcK wE aRe WhItE wE aRe BlOoDy DyNaMiTe

Pies for 2004 primiership
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:45 pm

Back onto the game now,
I reckon if we can shut down the influence of Goodes on the ball & Hall or O'Lochlan up forward, then we will destroy them. Tazza will beat Bolton and Pebbles hopefully will snorg a few goals. Bucks will be Bucks & just rack 'em up as per usual.
It would be great to see someone step up that hasn't played particually well & dominate the game, the likes of Lonie or a game from Woey like Adelaide the first time we played them this year.

Pies by 28pts.

grims 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:06 pm

No change to the team this week, davis mcgough and molloy are the emergencies.
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:20 pm

what does leon,mark and jarrod have to do to get a game??????. I will never understand football!!!!!!!!!!!. 3 tall forwards would have been useful vs the swans. Lets hope Tarrant or Rocca don't get injured!!!!!!!!!!!!. Can there still be changes???????. I mean,walker out molly in Very Happy or am i living in hope again.
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:27 pm
Post subject: Pre Match - Pies v. Swans. All comments here pleaseReply with quote

Mckee and Williams are extremely fortunate to be in the team still, I would have given McGough another go to prove himself and what more does Rupe have to do? 33 disposals I heard
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:26 pm

Stick with a settled line up i say...

McGough always comes into the side, plays a blinder and then fades in the next week or 2 and gets dropped... geez, what do we all want from a kid... he's going to be such an asset in 2,3, 4 years time.... but not yet.

I must admit, im a fan of Rooop, but... Williams has got the edge at this stage...he's a touch quicker and more versatile.

And Brownlow McKee.... he was pivotal last year, and expect him to play a big part come finals....

We're going to run amok sat. night...

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:50 pm

burnsy17 wrote:

We're going to run amok sat. night...

I bloody hope so! I have a good feeling about this one. I believe we can go out there and do something special on Saturday night. Carn Pies, make us proud.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:30 pm

Or... we could get our asses handed to us again.

I'm not at all confident about beating this mob. I just hope that we hit them as hard as we usually hit the Adelaides, if we don't it may be all over by three quarter time like last time.

Knock em over pies.
Leanne26 Leo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:32 pm
Post subject: Re: Pre Match - Pies v. Swans. All comments here please.Reply with quote

[[color=blue]quote="MAGFAN8"]There's already quite a bit of speculation about next week's big game so I'll put this up a bit earlier than usual.[/quote]

lets hope collingwood win agianst the swans and let nick davis suffer the liar and hope ben johnson has another good game Very Happy and tazza beats bolten <snip>
go johnno
[/color]

(yes, we don't like Bolten either, Brown26 for mods)

<3COLLINGWOOD<3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:12 pm

So bloody nevous about this game dudes! I REALLY wish I had the confidence of most of you. I would have dropped Willo for Molly at least. Shall keep everything crossed for Sat night. Go 'pies, do them by even a solitary goal, I dont care about the margin but just win!
I hope Walker plays a blinder.

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!

Lazza
NR147 Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:35 pm

The Swans quickly get numbers back in defence and build there attack from there so we must get the ball in quickly to Taz and Rocca and we should win.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:38 am

This is going to be one hell of a game.

The character of this Sydney side post-Rocket Eade has been transformed. Last year, they were both too old and too young, with a few middling players who just couldn't cut it.

Now those middling players - Jude Bolton, Kirk, Kennelly, Barry, Crouch - have improved their skills so dramatically, combined with a new game plan that encourages attacking football, that O'Loughlin and Hall are having a picnic.

Davis and Schneider have added class, and Craig Bolton has found his feet as a backman. Tarrant cut him to pieces when he was with Brisbane, but that's a year ago now. The oldies (Cresswell, Maxfield and Williams) are all giving great service.

And then there's Adam Goodes, who could be anything.

Collingwood can beat them, but the boys will want to squeeze every bit of extra big-match experience out of themselves. They'll want to hit them as hard as they can in that first half, because Sydney are great finishers. They have a knack for rolling over the top of sides.

The key players and match-ups will be Buckley, who needs a big one on Kirk; Clement on O'Loughlin and Rocca on Schauble. Sydney will be stretched down back without Saddington, but so will we minus Presti.

But the decisive battle will be in the ruck. Fraser and Goodes play similar brands of football, and whether they play on or off each other, I predict the one who has the greater influence on the match will decide the result.

Why? Sydney delivers the ball into its forward line probably more effectively than any other side, hence their accuracy. If Fraser can take control of the centre and McKee the stoppages, that will be vital to enhancing the chances of our ball carriers and limiting the effectiveness of theirs.

Tough call. Pies by 13 is the safe prediction, but this is a game that could go wonderfully right or horribly wrong. It will also be a telling indicator of how we're really travelling after the Brisbane aberration and the Adelaide equaliser.

GO PIES!!!

The Weed

M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:50 am

I hope we win but im not to confident our record v the swans has been dredful lately since 1995 we have played them 11 times for 2 wins and i know this is a new game but some teams play better against others. Sydney along with Brisbane, Essendon and the WCE have been our bogy side in the past 7 years 4 some reason we struggle and rarely win against those sides
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:00 am

It didn't matter who was chosen this week in the team, someone was going to be upset. Yes MCG, Molly and Rupe played great last week for Willy but our side beat the 2nd top team too. Who deserves to be dropped when you flog a team sitting 2nd on the ladder? To do this each person must've done their job so they deserve their spot.

I am with some of the others on this one......bloody nervous. The swans bother me. We need intensity at the ball from minute no.1 or this could be a tough night. If we are hard at the ball all night we'll get home, anything less than 4 qtrs and we are in trouble.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:41 am

An article on Anthony Rocca from www.realfooty.com.au

A bird of a different feather
By Richard Hinds
August 22 2003

Quote:
As the years go by, Anthony Rocca's memories of his uncomfortable, half-hearted and inevitably brief career as a Swan in Sydney have faded.

Rocca nominates himself, Matthew Nicks and Michael O'Loughlin as the three emergencies who went on to the ground before the 1996 grand final - his final act as a Swan. The third man was actually Simon Arnott. O'Loughlin played.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: