Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MCG - Collingwood supporters are always outnumbered there

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syd_Magpies_Girl Gemini

The Russell Street Pole Dancing Bogan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

xtcc wrote:
Every single member on this board that i have met in person has bagged the &*( out of the cheer squad.

For me, it's not even just people on this board, it's most Collingwood supporters I meet outside of Nicks. They hate the cheersquad, and the majority of people that sit in it.

I think when I move down next year, I'll just sit in the members area again. I don't want to be labelled thanks.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:26 am

I live in country NSW and get to maybe 1 game a year, watch the pies on tv when it does get televised, FTA, and have been a supporter since 1979,everyone that knows me knows I am a Collingwood supporter. Just want to say that on tv there is nothing better than hearing the crowd errupt after a pies goal, it is awesome ( I put the volume up to 50 to get the feel) HOWEVER something was not right the other night. Coll v Carl...Scott Burns given 50 m penalty after Waite held on to him too long, Burnsey kicks a goal .......silence...... I thought he got a point, but wait he got a goal. First I thought there was something wrong with the microphones from the tv broadcasters ,but it actually happened on several other occassions. Now I am thinking , is this a conspiracy against the Pies from the tv channells? Is this a result of a quiet cheersquad not doing their job? ( because Burnsey's goal came at a crucial time of the match and the CS should have been full tilt at that stage) or was it merely a technical fault or misplacement of the microphones? Hopefully it was a technical fault and I can't think of any other reasons for the lack of noise coming out of my tv. I will be listening with intent from now on. Anyway go pies we are just going through a flat patch now , a few players may need a rest but our future is really bright!!!!!!
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:31 am

Oops it was a day game not night Coll v Carl,(saturday day game)
Syd_Magpies_Girl Gemini

The Russell Street Pole Dancing Bogan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:35 am

Guys, I think you also need to take into consideration that the cameras are usually spotted at the other ends of the field. I asked a guy at work this morning who used to do camera work for Channel 9, and said that is probably the best answer he could give.

Sydney games, the cameras and main sets for crowd recording are set right at the back of the Collingwood side in between the goal posts. I know when I watch it on TV, I can hear the cheersquad clear as day.

Clement 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:34 pm

Lets just make it the biggest night of the year on Friday night.

Traditional rivals the Demons who beat us on Queens Birthday so we owe them one.

Bucks hopefully returning. Didak, Clarke and maybe Pendles too.

Lets top the 100,000 attendance mark for the first time since the new stand opened.

Every Magpie fan in Melbourne should get to the MCG game on friday night. No excuses.

I got a mate flying in from the States, it is that big a game. I want to show him a full, black and white MCG.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:53 pm

if bucks plays i think we can expect a big turn out.

this man will get people through the gates.
Clement 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:12 am

Go Pies.
Clement 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:11 am

This stuff is more important to our supporters than our Pies winning. Being media identities and WAGS. Sad Very Sad.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tv--radio/btvb-bryan-strauchan-shares-the-secret-of-his-stellar-media-career/2007/08/15/1186857523279.html?page=3

My message is simple: learn to love the media because it ain't going anywhere especially with the growth of the internet. Hasn't that come about in the last couple of years? Strauchanie was sceptical early but now I'm on board. Magpies midfielder Dale Thomas was telling me recently he watches more YouTube than television. I told Eddie, hoping he would suspend "Daisy" for insubordination but apparently he's right into the idea and from next week onwards all Channel Nine programs will start buffering every 12 seconds. Could be worth tuning in for.

Better run now, Mick Malthouse is giving me that look, the look that says, "Strauchanie, get your fingers off the home keys and get your legs on the track!" He might be right, big game this week and Strauchanie is feeling primed for a huge one.

Hey, did you know that "Strauchanie" is an anagram of "Brownlow medallist'? So I'm told.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: