Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

It'll be a blowout!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the loss was no doubt exhaustion of an undermanned side. What I would say, however, is that we do frequently lose games where we go in as favourites. When this happens I think often there is a script that gets written after the win/wins the week/s before, and young players and fans alike are prone to buy into that script. I do wonder if young players like Daisy and many fans imagine you can just switch on and beat sides at will. They certainly won't after last night.

Last edited by pietillidie on Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:34 pm

~Madness~ wrote:
I find it really amusing to think someone posting on an internet forum what they think will happen, is the cause of our loss.

What about things like, we don't normally have a get together in the car park before a game, but did last night, is that why we lost?

I normally drink heavy beer before a game, but i drank light last night, is that why we lost?

I wore a T shirt to the footy instead of my footy jumper, is that why we lost?

I didn't get the green light on the corner where the hilton is, and i usually do, is that why we lost?

I mean come on. Gee there are some imbeciles on here if they possibly think that someone's post on here was why we lost. Talk about finding the most ridiculous things to have a go at someone.

ahhhhhhhhhhh so it's all YOUR fault!!! i knew it! Wink

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:48 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
~Madness~ wrote:
I find it really amusing to think someone posting on an internet forum what they think will happen, is the cause of our loss.

What about things like, we don't normally have a get together in the car park before a game, but did last night, is that why we lost?

I normally drink heavy beer before a game, but i drank light last night, is that why we lost?

I didn't get the green light on the corner where the hilton is, and i usually do, is that why we lost?

I mean come on. Gee there are some imbeciles on here if they possibly think that someone's post on here was why we lost. Talk about finding the most ridiculous things to have a go at someone.

well that red light on the corner was the one which topped it off

kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:57 pm

I didn't think the "Kiss of Death" statement, which history shows has a pretty strong track record, was "a major cause of a football team's poor performance". I said it because it is an accurate reflection on the result of Joffa and his "best case scenarios". I never even had the string theory proposition in my head when I made that post.

Lou Richards, as a scribe and tipster in the old Sun newspaper, was called the "Kiss of Death" because he was a poor tipster. If Lou tipped a team to win, they were more than likely to lose. No string theory, just a poor tipster.

Do you agree that when Joffa makes these statements, we lose? (let's not extend the question to involve the belief or disbelief of a jinx.)

The "study sub-atomic physics and the string theory" was in response to Kingswoods "what would have been different" statement. I never once had, or made, an association with the "Kiss of Death" and string theory. Kingswoods' response got me thinking about it.

Suggesting the study of said theory was nothing more than pointing out a theory that there may be more to life than what we perceive.

It is a theory, not proven, not disproven, that credible people in the scentific community are studying. Not some hocus-pocus black cat superstition or fairy tale.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:37 pm

I see. In that case, my original posts were more aimed at those who seemed to be seriously suggesting some kind of a jinx. When you brought in 'string theory' I presumed that you were actually supporting this concept.

So, as for Joffa being a 'kiss of death', in that sense... it seems to have some sense to it, I guess, on a wider scale. Still, the only thing that that really tells us is that if Joffa predicts us to win by a record margin, we will more than likely lose - thus the only thing Joffa can be held accountable for is giving us prior warning, I suppose. Razz

Anyhow, I see there was a bit of a misunderstanding so I apologise for any hasty words that I may have used, and any unfounded criticism of your posts.

mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:43 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
woftam wrote:
Kingswood wrote:
and guys stop being so childish, believing in a kiss of death and jinx. you guys also believe in tooth fairies??

It's about time someone said that.
Joffa's thread made no difference to the result.
Nor did losing the toss.

It was all about the guys taking the field tonight.
It wasn't their night and we weren't at our best.
Can't average 6 tackles a quarter and expect to win a final.

Well Got give Credit to Joffa - Posting this and Knowing he could make himself look like an Idiot.

Which Happend

So get over it, Dave. We all are.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:53 pm

Pricey_1981 wrote:
43 messages and counting, good to be a collingwood supporter. Oh did i mention Adelaide Utd and Canberra Raiders also lost? Wicked weekend in sport for me. Where is a the noose?

LOL Melbourne Storm had a shock loss and my Man U lost to Liverpool (can't get any worse than that). The noose only comes out for me if the Scum win next year's flag! Then there'll be more mass suicides than that American UFO cult. Laughing
panga Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:01 pm

Yeah, wasted much dinero to fly across the bloody country this year to see us lose every single game I've watched. Bah.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Hmm.
panga Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:05 pm

HAL wrote:
Hmm.

Don't judge me...

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:19 pm

panga wrote:
Yeah, wasted much dinero to fly across the bloody country this year to see us lose every single game I've watched. Bah.

I brought along a workmate with a spare ticket. He'd been to 5 games prior to last night for 5 losses. At half time I offered to pay for his cab home and a night out with his missus plus accomodation. Damn fool

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:30 pm

The only real danger of gloating over ridiculous winning margins,blowouts,is if the Opposition players had seen them,as it just might fire some of them up.Most of the Saints would laugh at that inane prediction,but a few might get angry about it,and want to prove a point.Yet again,Joffa has had a harsh reality check.!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:39 pm

steviewonder36 wrote:
Joffa Corfe is one of the dumbest Pies supporters I have never met.

First class half-wit

What a remarkably stupid comment to make you tool Rolling Eyes

Ever met eh - what does that constitute a fleeting meeting at a game or are you basing your judgement on what you read on an Internet site - cyberspace is real life - really it is Wink

Listen mate - Jof is a passionate supporter and makes some calls I don't agree with but in real life I am happy to call him a mate - he is no half-wit and your comments are offensive and uncalled for!!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:42 pm

If I have to choose, I pick are you basing your judgement on what you read on an Internet site - cyberspace is real life - it is wink Listen mate - Jof is a passionate supporter and makes some calls I don't agree with but in real life I am happy to call him a mate - he is no half-wit and your comments are offensive and uncalled for. And second?
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:54 am

Proud Pies wrote:
~Madness~ wrote:

Nah, it wasn't Maddie's fault. I blame the bookies. Afterall, they made us favourites, and we all know what happens when we're favoured to win!

Hooked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: