Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Would you quit the Pies if MM gets another contract ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

"The OX is slow,but the earth is patient " The OX is Micks boring boundary line game plan, the earth is us,and we are not patient anymore. Most of us anyway.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:48 pm

5150 wrote:
Here's hoping MM gets another contract.
I hope some of you planning to leave are on level 2 in the Ponsford, because I am looking to upgrade my membership next year.

Like I said before if he gets a contract, I will still buy my two seats on Level 2 in the Pony but they will be empty.

DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:04 pm

I wouldn't agree with the decision (unless our form miraculously turns around....but as if I'd give up supporting Collingwood.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:27 pm

Would another be satisfied that if MM was coach next year along side buckley as his assitant would that be enough for people 2 make him stay?
(even though its been said that them 2 would not work good together)

Nathan

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:49 pm

nomadjack wrote:
42 wrote:
nomadjack wrote:

To threaten to walk away from the club if you don't get your way on these issues though is PISSWEAK.

ahem. *coughs*

Yes, and where in the post does it say this refers to you? Sorry to bust your bubble mate but the world doesn't revolve around you. The whole thread is about turning your back on the club if MM stays. Interesting that you haven't answered the two questions I posed. Maybe you should ahem far cough and try and come up with an answer Wink

the quote i have used in this thread answers your first qurestion.

and your second question is based on a false premise because i never attributed that comment to you specifically, i said "my friends" which obviously was an optimistic description of some people on this BB

I never said the world reloves around me. But if you look at the tenth word in your sentence i think you will see that you did reference me.

Also, you are not clever for your far cough comment. We can dicuss things without getting to that kind of language.

Gen George S Patton.
US 3rd Army.
collingw09d 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:52 pm

WITTY 35 DAICOS MAGIC wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
^ That's the spirit Witty. I'd have a drink with you any day mate. Unlike some people on Nick's. Laughing Wink

Coffee,i quit the piss over 1 year ago.

Oh "piss" I thought you quit the "pies" Was wondering why you still posting on Nicks! Silly me.

But I would never stop following the pies, even though it's bloody hard at the moment.
I love Eddie and what he has done for Collingwood, but he is not ruthless enough. Back in 2003 I think, he helped the doggies get a new sponsor when things were looking bleak for them. They even had a presentation to thank him. How did this help Collingwood? I don't see Kennett or any other president giving any other team a leg up! Stop being a nice guy Eddie, stuff the rest. No more freebies to Melbourne or North even if we do have to wear an alternative jumper once a year(stuff them and their precious jumper, see what happens when the cash runs out!). Carlton is getting away with murder with their salary cap. Why can't we?

Pricey_1981 

All aboard the Collingwood train...

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:57 pm

let me start off by saying i love Collingwood, i have lived and breathed it for a long time now. I moved my wedding day as soon as i saw it conflicted with a match, i took my honeymoon to melbourne so i could watch the boys play, ive not gone to family events due to them conflicting with games but its come time that you have to realise that this is just a game and there is no point in getting too emotionally attached because you get let down time and time again.

Ive always been a fan of Mick and Eddie and in no way do they influence my decision to renew my membership or support the club. However after watching how Mick has acted this year and his complete arrogance towards anything put fwd to him i am at the stage where i wish the club would get rid of him and put in a interim coach til next year and Bucks or no Bucks we can start of fresh.

Being a Collingwood supporter isnt a easy life, we are hated and ridiculed. We are the most passionate and one eyed fans going around but all i can see these days is our own fans ripping into eachother and constantly complaining about the club and how it is run.

In ending i will never stop supporting the boys and i will always be a member even if Mick is still coaching however i cant continue being this passionate while things are going down this path. I hope we can make the correct decisions that will lead us to premiership glory but i cant see that coming for a very very long time.

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:24 pm

David wrote:
This thread title should be reworded:

Are you a Collingwood supporter?

Forgive me for going out on a limb here, but I have this nagging feeling that if the board reappoint Malthouse, they will do so because they are of the informed opinion that he is the most likely coach to bring us success. I know there are those here that would strongly disagree with that decision, but they would hopefully concede the above point and simultaneously realise that the people who are paid to assist the Collingwood Football Club in gaining success might have some clue as to what they're doing. Even those who disagree with that sentiment will hopefully be mature enough to realise that supporting a football team does not imply getting what you want all the time. Ceasing to support a football team because you don't like the coach is nothing short of pathetic.

You mean in their opinion.
Because in their opinion MM is the right choice moving forward, in our (majority of supporters) opinion he isn't.

They can't be certain unless they let someone else coach and then say see I told you so.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:39 pm

At the end of the day I go to watch the 22 boys in the black and white jumpers, not the clown in the glass gage throwing head phones around.

So I will be there. rain, hail or shine. Mick, Choco or Bucks. I will support the boys.

j@. Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:40 pm

David wrote:
This thread title should be reworded:

Are you a Collingwood supporter?

Forgive me for going out on a limb here, but I have this nagging feeling that if the board reappoint Malthouse, they will do so because they are of the informed opinion that he is the most likely coach to bring us success. I know there are those here that would strongly disagree with that decision, but they would hopefully concede the above point and simultaneously realise that the people who are paid to assist the Collingwood Football Club in gaining success might have some clue as to what they're doing. Even those who disagree with that sentiment will hopefully be mature enough to realise that supporting a football team does not imply getting what you want all the time. Ceasing to support a football team because you don't like the coach is nothing short of pathetic.
Your kidding aren't you? It's been 6 years since 2003 and 0, nutta, zilch; if anything we are losing ground to teams like Carlton, St.Kilda, Essendon. You cannot say we have not recruited well as Thomas, Anthony, Swan, Maxwell, Fraser and so on are all quality players. If the club still thinks that dinomaltehouse is better equiped to lead us to a GF then a modern thinking recently out of the game younger coach like Clarkson, Bomber, Worsfold, Roos and so on then I haven't got the foggyest and never will.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:53 pm

[quote="jack_spain"]
woftam wrote:
I'll stay on here and agitate, but if Malthouse is reappointed you won't see me again until he and Eddie are GONE.

godpleasereappointmalthousegodpleasereappointmalthousegodpleasereappointamlthousegodpleasereappointmalthousegodpelasereappointmalthousegodpleasereappointmalthousegodpleasereappointmalthousegodpleasereappointmalthouse....

Oh God Please Re-appoint Malthouse

Last edited by rocketronnie on Tue May 19, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:11 pm

I always find it amusing when a phone box full of malcontents always posture that they represent the "silent majority" or even not so silent majority for that matter. But as is usual such is not the case. And I love the way they become so hysterical when the decision draws closer, and their own decision making reveals itself as self centred and ego driven. Mind you its largely the same bunch of jokers who thought Benny's dodgy hamstrings would bring us to Nirvana, and every other quick fix that the bandwagon has brought along.

At the end of the day they won't be missed as the club is always bigger than the individual. For every one that leaves, two more will join and the only ones with regrets will be those that leave.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:48 pm

^ while i understand a nd recognise the concerns of the "massess" i still can't see any reason to change the coach. i do not truly believe that malthouse is the problem. i have my own theories as to what the problems might be but it is too simplistic for me to point at and bone the coach.

if mick does not have his contract renewed i will be disappointed but life goes on and it will be time to be loyal to a new regime.

tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:16 pm

I've enjoyed reading about people's loyalty for the club on this thread. It's fantastic to hear.

All I'll say is:

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD...."FOREVER"

Good old Collingwood Forever
We know how to play the game
SIDE BY SIDE WE STICK TOGETHER
To uphold the Magpies name
See the barrackers are shouting
As all barrackers should
Oh the premierships a cakewalk
For the good old Collingwood!
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:32 pm

ooh yeah, I love threads that expose the softcocks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14   

Jump to: