Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The consolidated Fev thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Fevola?
Yay
69%
 69%  [ 151 ]
Nay
30%
 30%  [ 65 ]
Total Votes : 216

CAAS 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!!
we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
RICHO1991 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:02 pm

Nick Maxwell will keep him in order.. far better than Chris Judd ever could
Jace Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:06 pm

Yes I think our window is open from next year. The next 3 years we are primed, we need 2 things. 1 A forward who can be a target & kick goals & 2. An A Grade ruckman.

Nothing against Jack Anthony, he has been great this year, but it is a lot of pressure for some1 his age & experience.

The question is what would we have to give up? How much is too much? Carlton would want a replacement forward preferably a young one to match their list, such as Jack or Trav. What else?

We have been too slow in making moves, lets be agressive & take a chance & chase the Fev. Sure Fev has made some mistakes but a new club chance at a flag he may be able to pull his head in. We have a number of players who have made as many mistakes as Fev & they have turned the corner.

I am ready to get onboard the Fev Train!!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:25 pm

SWANNY! SWANNNNY! HEY SWANNNNY!
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:48 pm

yes of course we should. how can you not go for him. i mean it would be out of us and the swans. the dogs are out of the race coz they got hall now.

fev is what about 750,000 a year aprrox? now with rocca giving up on afl that is about 600,000 spare in salary cap and with clarke as well we would have enough for him wouldn't we?
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:49 pm

would he want to play for us?
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:54 pm

In Fevs career against Collingwood he has kicked 55 goals 31 behinds

Opposition...Games (W-D-L)...Kicks...Marks...H.Balls...Disp...Goals...Bhd...H.O....Tack...FrF...FrA

Collingwood..18 (8-0-10)........144........79.........32.....176.....55......31.....5........23.....12....22

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/B/Brendan_Fevola.html

Madmac 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:23 pm

I think we should stick to the youth policy.....it's worked before when we knocked back a bloke who was too much trouble to develop Sav and Mark Richardson.
Lucky, because Tony Lockett didn't do anything at Sydney!!!!!
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:25 pm

Pied Piper wrote:
For all his incredible talent, he's been a liability to the Blues on-field as much as off for years. Looks great when all's going well, but disinterested otherwise. Tough call, but I agree with Inkling.

An on-field liability? Give me an on-field liability who kicks 90 goals a year any day!

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:27 pm

Geez, great player. But I'd have to wash my mouth out with Bourbon every time I cheered one of his goals.

God it would feel dirty. .......

But in terms of football ability, I'd say get him. We don't put up with that (piss head approach) crap..................................... for long! I think the leadership at pieland would be strong enough to handle him.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:59 pm

No. No. No. No. No.

He turns 29 in January. Will cost us too much and lets be honest, his best is behind him. The question is how quickly he declines and given that he has been relatively injury free, all he needs is one injury to start the downward spiral. And that is without taking into account where his head is at. Will leaving Carlton just accelerate his self destruction?

Too big a risk IMHO.
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:15 pm

^^^ how will he cost to much? rocca was playing $600,000 a year and only half of that was on salary cap. marty also left and he must of been on about $200,000 give or take. fev is on about $700,000 a year at scum
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:17 pm

Forget 2012, get the Fev and we will challenge next year

Also dumb suggestion to give em Trav, with Fevola up forward, Travis will become a dominant CHF, the oppositions attention will turn to Fev and he will take the goal scoring pressure off the rest of the side

Sure he may be a liability at times, but so what? Unlike Carlton, we have the players around to perform on those rare occassions, but our best forward is average and kicks 50 goals a season, he will kick 90-100 and win a flag, well worth the risk
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:34 pm

David wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
For all his incredible talent, he's been a liability to the Blues on-field as much as off for years. Looks great when all's going well, but disinterested otherwise. Tough call, but I agree with Inkling.

An on-field liability? Give me an on-field liability who kicks 90 goals a year any day!

I know what you're saying. Fev's record is seductive until you look closer.

He doesn't chase. He's reluctant to tackle. He kicks bags when he's on, but he's just as likely to shut up shop when he's getting beaten - i.e. when the pressure's being applied by a quality defender and, further upfield, by a quality team. When was the last time you saw Fev kick multiple goals against a Presti, Lake, Scarlett or Rutten? OK, very few do, but better players like Roughead, Franklin, Riewoldt and Kosi at least make sure it's a battle to the death. Defensive pressure is king in modern football, and don't think it's a passing fad, either; it's here to stay. Fev has never adjusted to that reality and he sets a terrible example to everyone around him, particularly as a senior player and, for raw talent, one of the best around.

Even the old-timers who played footy in a different era can see that Fev is a big part of Carlton's problems, and has been for a long time. Mark Maclure had it right when he said on radio the 70s-80s era Carlton would have pulled him into line, or otherwise gotten rid of him years ago.

As for his off-field record, it speaks for itself and I'd be very careful about bringing his influence into a team that's had more than its share of issues in this regard in recent years.

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:37 pm

^^^ but you got to keep in mind, he is at carlton, they might of told him not to chase etc. its the coach's that tell him.

who knows if he came to pies mm or bucks might make him be defensive as in making him tackle etc.

dont forget he weighs 100+ kgs now if pies can make him bout 80-90 he will have a different attitude
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 6 of 100   

Jump to: