Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Joffa: The Movie...IN CINEMAS!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossi wrote:
Hey Joff don't forget us that are living overseas! You got a few fans here as well!! Got any ideas were and when will it be shown internationally?

We've been informed because of the UK content in the movie that it may do well overseas. It's off to the Cannes film festival.
So we'll see what happens.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
in Cimemas? ;)

Right next to the fillums!

Looking forward to seeing it soon - in a movie house near me!

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:19 am

Tickets are selling fast.
There are two cinemas at Kino Collins st, The plan is now to show the film on this night in the two Cinemas ten mins apart so we can have a sing along before the film in both cinemas Smile

Ring 9650 2100

The opening night will have a strong collingwood flavour Black and white balloons and streamers etc etc.

Cheers Smile

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:12 am

joffa corfe wrote:
It's off to the Cannes film festival.

Director's Fortnight? Neutral

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:45 am

All done.

Should be a good night!

ETA: Drinks & nibblies too I believe, I'm impressed!!!

$22.00 for tickets includes $1.00 booking fee for those of you that are interested.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:04 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
All done.

Should be a good night!

ETA: Drinks & nibblies too I believe, I'm impressed!!!

$22.00 for tickets includes $1.00 booking fee for those of you that are interested.

Now make sure you come over to me before the movie starts and we'll organise the seats, We're well on our way to filling up two Cinemas in the one complex, It's going to be a crazy night Smile

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Maybe you should ask someone older.
ANNODAM Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:24 pm

Yeah, yeah we will don't worry.

We'll get there before 8:00pm anyways, we need to pick up our tickets from the box office.

But she told me this morning she wants to be dressed in all Collingwood.
Bless her cotton socks.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:25 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Yeah, yeah we will don't worry.

We'll get there before 8:00pm anyways, we need to pick up our tickets from the box office.

But she told me this morning she wants to be dressed in all Collingwood.
Bless her cotton socks.

Beautiful Smile

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:21 pm

Joff, I wonder how you'd sound dubbed into Korean? Smile
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:00 am

Joffa: The Movie is coming!

Exclusive to Palace Cinemas

Australias #1 Sports fan, Joffa is loved and loathed, and intriguingly a celebrity for being a sports fan. From his iconic gold jacket to the famous Magpie Army Winners Circle, Joffa displays a truly unrivalled level of passion for his club. Joffa: The Movie explores his world and discovers its not all black and white. His life outside football is hilariously funny. From revving up his team in Melbournes RecLink homeless football league, to being unceremoniously ushered out of Father Bobs church, or marching towards Joffas holy grail Celtic Park, Glasgow were taken on a journey that explores mateship, trust and the human spirit.

The film was financed by Chris Liontos, the Director/ Producer, along with Shane McRae, Joffas buddy in the movie. Regardless of how the film performs it has already created Australian Cinema history by being the lowest budgeted movie ever to make the big screen nationally. They applied to the government film bodies for funding, but were knocked back, so its satisfying for them to know theyve done everything themselves.

The film is showing from September 2nd till the end of September at the Dendy, Brighton, The George, St Kilda, Kino Cinema, Collins Street, Melbourne, and Westgarth, Northcote. Early ticket sales have been so strong in Melbourne that the Kino has already moved to open the movie on two screens.

Also showing from September 2nd in Adelaide, Perth, Tasmania and Brisbane. DVD's will be sometime away, so I suggest you go and see the movie. Oh, and cinema management have requested that patrons refrain from rolling Joffas down the aisle.

Many Thanks to Henry who has helped tirelessly to put this together for our Wikipedia page. And who is currently helping with other stuff on Wikipedia...Thanks mate.

Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:13 am

joffa corfe wrote:

Australias #1 Sports fan, Joffa is loved and loathed, and intriguingly a celebrity for being a sports fan. From his iconic gold jacket to the famous Magpie Army Winners Circle, Joffa displays a truly unrivalled level of passion for his club. Joffa: The Movie explores his world and discovers its not all black and white. His life outside football is hilariously funny. From revving up his team in Melbournes RecLink homeless football league, to being unceremoniously ushered out of Father Bobs church, or marching towards Joffas holy grail Celtic Park, Glasgow were taken on a journey that explores mateship, trust and the human spirit.

The film was financed by Chris Liontos, the Director/ Producer, along with Shane McRae, Joffas buddy in the movie. Regardless of how the film performs it has already created Australian Cinema history by being the lowest budgeted movie ever to make the big screen nationally. They applied to the government film bodies for funding, but were knocked back, so its satisfying for them to know theyve done everything themselves.

The film is showing from September 2nd till the end of September at the Dendy, Brighton, The George, St Kilda, Kino Cinema, Collins Street, Melbourne, and Westgarth, Northcote. Early ticket sales have been so strong in Melbourne that the Kino has already moved to open the movie on two screens.

Also showing from September 2nd in Adelaide, Perth, Tasmania and Brisbane. DVD's will be sometime away, so I suggest you go and see the movie. Oh, and cinema management have requested that patrons refrain from rolling Joffas down the aisle.

Many Thanks to Henry who has helped tirelessly to put this together for our Wikipedia page. And who is currently helping with other stuff on Wikipedia...Thanks mate.

Great work Joffa

I notice that it premiers on a Thursday night ( 2nd Sept ), maybe Eddie could pull a few strings with the AFL Footy Show , and get maybe a live cross to the cinema premier, just after the film has finished or you could duck out of the cinema for a live cross.

It being the first week of the finals they would have four less games to cover , and would most likely need content to fill that time , what great exposure for your film it would be.

Sure they might take the piss and joke about it , but as the saying goes there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Would expose to the football world , that the film is out there and for footy fans to get in and take a look.

just a thought.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:31 am

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

Great work Joffa

I notice that it premiers on a Thursday night ( 2nd Sept ), maybe Eddie could pull a few strings with the AFL Footy Show , and get maybe a live cross to the cinema premier, just after the film has finished or you could duck out of the cinema for a live cross.

It being the first week of the finals they would have four less games to cover , and would most likely need content to fill that time , what great exposure for your film it would be.

Sure they might take the piss and joke about it , but as the saying goes there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Would expose to the football world , that the film is out there and for footy fans to get in and take a look.

just a thought.

I appreciate what your saying mate and it if that did happen we'd be stoked.
Let me be really honest here, Never have i used my collingwood friendship with eddie as a tool to get anything and or want anything..The guys who financed the film were also told that from day one. However i felt a need to inform eddie ( respect ) before we commenced the project and when we finished the project, Simply because he's the President of the Collingwood footy club. The last thing i would want is for people to say the film only got as far as it did because it was legged up by eddie.

The satisfaction so far at what we've achieved by ourselves has been the bees knees so to speak. This is a quirky film it may very well suprise a lot of people Smile

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:38 am

Can't wait to see this movie, can you tell me when and where it will be in Adelaide?
ANNODAM Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:30 am

C4E that's a fantastic idea, especially since we're in the finals ourselves & the joint will be decked out in black & white.

I hope something comes of it, it'd be great!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11   

Jump to: