Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I wish our players had a little more dignity (NOT SEX SCNDL)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Because I like fine food and music and encourage others to do the same? Sir, your predjudices are showing.

..... and so are yours.

Now off you go to the latest "Three Chefs Hat" overpriced wank restaurant listed in the Good Food Guide and stuff your pretentious gob with wanky food prepared by a "chef" who thinks himself more as a rockstar of gourmet cuisine.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:54 pm
Post subject: Re: I wish our players had a little more dignity (NOT SEX SCReply with quote

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
I have just heard that Presti is flying out to Shane O'Bree's wedding today. That's great, good on them, congrats to Cheesy and his new missus. (I assume its a missus) BUT I was horrified to read that this wedding was to be held in Bali. Bali is a place where bogans go for their holidays. It is far enough from Australia to be properly overseas and 'culcha' yet not so far that they have to learn a new language or eat ethnic food. It is also full of other Australian bogans soaking up the 'culcha' so they feel right at home. Just like taking a day trip out to the Fountaingate shopping centre!!

With the money that AFL players earn there is no reason why O'Bree couldn't have had his wedding somewhere nice, like Paris, London or Rome. To my mind there is no place in the world better than Paris, the city of love and French restaurants, to get married in. If I had the money that is where I would go to get married.

So it is a little disconcerting to read that given the choice between Paris and Denpassar or whatever the Bali capital is, Shane O'Bree chose Denpassar. I love the guy, I enjoyed his football, but by god his taste leaves a little to be desired.

I think the same can be said of footballers in general. Did you catch that picture of Daisy in a fake fur coat and Wellingham in what appeared to be a tutu?

Footballers are impressionable young boys that are given wads of cash to play ball games. The clubs do a terrific job developing these boys into men, making them leaders, teaching them all the right attitudes and behaviours that will see them through life, and, to protect their own image, the clubs try to educate on the dangers of drugs, alcohol and women. But what the clubs fail to do is expose these men to the finer things in life. They have the money and the opportunity to enjoy fine food, music, art, or whatever, but without guidance they will never experience these things, and they will forever be choosing Bali over Paris.

I would suggest to the Collingwood Football Club that they take a hundred thousand dollars out of their profits this year and employ somebody to take these boys out to field trips to the opera, museums and so on, to broaden their horizons a little bit and show them some of the wonders of life outside of the football field. I believe that after a few years, the anti drugs / alcohol / women education programs will be made redundant.

Would somebody please give me Eddie's phone number - this cannot wait until the AGM.

I've got four university degrees, including a PhD, and consider myself reasonably well read and cultured, but don't get me started on the Opera. FFS, it's as boring as batshit. Each to their own mate. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but your comments sound incredibly elitist. You might love Paris (as I do), but it's a bit rich to start picking on someone for choosing to holiday on a warm Pacific island instead. Live and let live.
Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:57 pm

Rumour has it that when the Fevolas got married , their honeymoon included a visit to the Large Hadron Collider.

Upon conducting tests, Scientists there were shocked to find TWO humans with skulls that contained a perfect vacuum.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Quote:
Because I like fine food and music and encourage others to do the same? Sir, your predjudices are showing.

..... and so are yours.

My only prejudice is against mediocrity.

Why do you support Collingwood? Because they are the best team in the competition. If you wanted to support so-so teams you could go to Essendon or Carlton. Collingwood is the best club. Well, I say why stop there. Why settle for a Ford when you can have a Maserati, why listen to Jimmy Barnes when you could listen to Mozart, and why read the Herald Sun when you can do something more constructive, like have sex with a sheep.
Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Quote:
like have sex with a sheep.

Hey , millions of New Zealanders can't be wrong.
Scotch 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
Quote:

..... and so are yours.

My only prejudice is against mediocrity.

Why do you support Collingwood? Because they are the best team in the competition. If you wanted to support so-so teams you could go to Essendon or Carlton. Collingwood is the best club. Well, I say why stop there. Why settle for a Ford when you can have a Maserati, why listen to Jimmy Barnes when you could listen to Mozart, and why read the Herald Sun when you can do something more constructive, like have sex with a sheep.

Because we can.

Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Quote:
But what's wrong with events at the National Gallery huh? Huh? Huh?

Actually there is nothing wrong with the events at the National Gallery , hehe , and I've been to a few myself .... although after an hour or so of "appreciating art" under the lights that are a bit too dim , I start to get a headache.

Actually, that's a pretty good point. I do too. I always put it down to being out all day with kids around (not mine). Probably is that damn lighting!

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Bizarre.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:12 pm

Are you free?
jimbeam 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
Bizarre.

Yes yes you are Nick old son, a weird unit for sure.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:13 pm

Im not gonna bother reading through all of this bulls**t
- but did you stop to think that maybe after a gruelling year of the best damn footy we have seen they might just want to chill on a beach somewhere?
Big deal, get over it NPM. They just won the FLAG - they can go wherever they want.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:22 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Let's hope O'Bree hasn't taken a boogie board with him.

I saw Daisy at the airport on the news with a bag with what looked like a surfboard in it. That's a LOT of hooch. Shocked

ps. I think NPM is my new favourite poster. Very Happy

#SIDEBYSIDE
Didaicos Libra

The Macedonian Marvel = The Croat Confoundment!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
Can you elaborate? Iceland has been on my 'places to go if I inherit a large sum of money' list for ages.
If you're going to go, go now beacuse of their poor economy it's actually affordable.

Lets just say I was stopping my car every 5 minutes to take a photo.

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:31 pm

NPM is going to have RSI and a bad back at this rate. Reeling them in as fast as he can cast the line. Razz
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:
NPM is going to have RSI and a bad back at this rate. Reeling them in as fast as he can cast the line. Razz

Not so, Stui. I asked earlier in the thread and NPM assured me these comments are all very serious.

That's good enough for me.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: