Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies bounce Blues - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trezegol 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jack_spain wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
I loved how Wellingham was pinged for holding the ball in the 3rd or 4th quarter, when he wasn't even tackled!

Very true.

But as someone has mentioned that Krakeour decision will live in infamy. Can anyone tell me how the Scum player came up with the free when, (1) Krak was obviously being held going for the mark in the goal square, (2) was pushed over, (3) Krak recovered quickly to kick a goal, only to find the ball in that spud Watson's hands? Shocked

That's one goal we should have had. I expect a complete and contrite apology from Herr Gieschen on Monday morning.

I demand it! Evil or Very Mad

The 50 metre penalty not paid to Blair in the 2nd qtr is quite possibly the worst decision of the year. He takes a mark and then gets thrown to ground. How obvious does it have to be.

Trezegol 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:44 pm

The 50 metre penalty not paid to Blair in the 2nd qtr is quite possibly the worst decision of the year. He takes a mark and then gets thrown to ground. How obvious does it have to be.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Not sure what happened to interfering with the marking player by slapping his arms as you run backwards either. Happened to Krak a couple of times, and others. I was just shaking my head [and fist at the TV, missus wasn't happy]
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:09 am

Great to win against the blooze once again.

But, the team was miles below its best today.

The umpiring was shocking too, Carlton seemed to get a free rain early, plenty of decisions where they were caught with the ball not given to us.

Although they won today, the Suns should be an easy win, once would think.

Hopefully Caffa can come back next week, Keeffe was rubbish today.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:12 am

I'd like to look behind the 19 point margin:

-Ten more inside fifties
-Won by 2 goals, seven behinds
-A pile more contested marks
-Horrible umpiring that did not match the interpretation of so many rules we witness every week (arm chopping, prior opp, deliberate OOB, fifty for falling on marking player, marks not being paid)
-A betting fiasco 22 hrs before our game
-No Heath Shaw with less than 24hrs notice

That right there is a 40 point win. That right there will not happen again in September. If we do happen to play Carlton again this year I would hope we don't kick 13.20. Even 50/50 accuracy would stretch the margin to six goals. The players won't have the mental challenges of today and will be cherry ripe to play near their best. Today was a professional and tough performance that in the end after thinking about it is brilliant for our team's self belief and bonding. We will be stronger for it.

Judd-this guy's disposal by foot is appalling and the umpires have got to learn that his attempts to break tackles by dragging his body from the tackler is prior opportunity. They seem to think because he might break free he doesn't need to attempt a disposal. They are wrong. They are displaying tow interpretations of prior opportunity. One for Judd and one for everyone else.

Now that is 5 wins in a row against Carlton. And it feels good! I was a bit flat after the game, but driving home I realised how damn strong our guys are to do what they did today. Fantastic. We are 14 and 1 and top of the ladder. Can't wait till Didak, Dawes, Beams, Shaw and perhaps the Caff return for finals.

As for Carlton, the have too many holes all over the ground. They simply don't have the widespread class to match us.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:49 am

Great post perthmagpie, great post.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:50 am

hehe - the mighty Chris Judd has a disposal efficiency running at 65% this year - that's 1% behind Swan, 2% behind Wellers, 8% points Dale Thomas and Luke Ball (who would have thought?), and 12% behind Pendles. Considering that he is the only player out of that group that handballs significantly more than he kicks, it's actually pretty low - his kicking must be tracking at around 50% efficiency this year.

Yes he does have 112 clearances - 26 more than Swan and 40 more than Pendles, but our top 5 midfield group do share the clearances around a lot more evenly than Carlton.

My point is, that though Judd is a brilliant and elite player, this year he is basically a clearance machine with not all that effective foot skills. It would be fascinating to see the metres gained stats for the above group as well

EDIT: Judd got around 122 Supercoach points for the game, meaning he played a very good / excellent game in terms of all round effectiveness and playmaking, Pendles got 145, Daisy 146 and Ball 141, which means an excellent / exceptional game on those criteria. Will be interesting to see Brownlow, and coaches votes for the game....

Scotch 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:00 am

Great post perthmagie, and I completely agree swoop. Next week we should rest probably 2/3 players with niggling injuries, and then do the same in a few weeks against Port. I want our full team fielded to smash Essendon though Very Happy
think better 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:41 am

Jezza wrote:
Agreed Fasolo is a good user of the ball and he knows how to kick a goal when possible.

We should keep playing him. The kid has a lot of potential to burn.

I agree, not many young players could sub in like he has and have an impact

Mr Pieman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:56 am

Jolly Good wrote:
This makes me want to vomit.

From what I saw, half his disposals were not effective. The media suck up his backside as hard as the AFL.

Quote:
Carlton captain Chris Judd was best afield with 35 disposals, but the Blues lacked enough depth to upset the Magpies.

Source: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/magpies-regain-their-focus-20110716-1hiqx.html

I wonder how many of his 35 possessions were handballs to the ground while being tackled?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:32 am

the ru is on fire wrote:
hehe - the mighty Chris Judd has a disposal efficiency running at 65% this year - that's 1% behind Swan, 2% behind Wellers, 8% points Dale Thomas and Luke Ball (who would have thought?), and 12% behind Pendles. Considering that he is the only player out of that group that handballs significantly more than he kicks, it's actually pretty low - his kicking must be tracking at around 50% efficiency this year.

Yes he does have 112 clearances - 26 more than Swan and 40 more than Pendles, but our top 5 midfield group do share the clearances around a lot more evenly than Carlton.

My point is, that though Judd is a brilliant and elite player, this year he is basically a clearance machine with not all that effective foot skills. It would be fascinating to see the metres gained stats for the above group as well

EDIT: Judd got around 122 Supercoach points for the game, meaning he played a very good / excellent game in terms of all round effectiveness and playmaking, Pendles got 145, Daisy 146 and Ball 141, which means an excellent / exceptional game on those criteria. Will be interesting to see Brownlow, and coaches votes for the game....

and still the ugly mug will get the votes, im starting to think the umps just want to see his horse head wife in a half naked dress!

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:27 am

Typical rubbish from Mark Knobinson

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-desperately-needs-a-key-forward/story-e6frf9jf-1226096019357

"Fix the forward line, stop hitting the goalpost six times, and who knows what might happen in eight weeks? The Pies, meanwhile, threatened to break open this game on several occasions, but "woulda, coulda and might've" effectively means they didn't."

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:28 am

We kicked 2 goals 7 more than them, but they were unlucky with their 6 posters huh?

Predictable rubbish

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:46 am

Jolly Good wrote:
This makes me want to vomit.

From what I saw, half his disposals were not effective. The media suck up his backside as hard as the AFL.

Quote:
Carlton captain Chris Judd was best afield with 35 disposals, but the Blues lacked enough depth to upset the Magpies.

Source: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/magpies-regain-their-focus-20110716-1hiqx.html

The problem is (and people do it here on Nick's) that they simply look at total possessions and say, "He must have played a great game."

Swan got more possessions than any of our players yesterday, but would anyone seriously suggest he was in our best ten players. Of course not, his disposal was atrocious! Ditto Judd.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:58 am

I would give credit to the players for the crap they went through. We have mental toughness in this group. Also well done to MM for keeping this teams mind on the job. I wonder what he said to them when he stormed out of the box. Mark Robinson is an idiot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: