Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Suns - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Swan definately not right.more strapping on lower leg??

first half okay, 2nd mick was trying new things, Swan full back?? Harry roaming, anthony in the back line. and why ont? what was there to gain, we already have the percentage.

in saying that, Krak is too soft, pulls out of a contest, (but hes pretty small so...) Goldy just is not back anywhere near full strength, give him a run in the 2s. i thought for a first go back Caff not too bad, they seem to be aimimg to get the ball to him for practice.

great contested marks by Cloke, too many frees he shoulda got but didnt.

Sidey back to his cheeky best, love it!

Blair was a bit down.

Keefe is gunna be big, same for fesola.

lot to be dissappointed in tonight, but also a lot of plusses - Luke Ball was pure Collingwood tonight, stood up for everything. he always does but tonight he did even more...

and where would we be without Leon?? funny how things change.for me the worst part of tonight was the stadium - it was bloody freezing! the seats didnt heat up all game, they were like sitting on ice packs!!

and the parking traffic situation!! OMG 10 times worse than the MCG carpark on a wet windy night when you have lost to the blues!! AAHHHHH!

some great comments here, not all positive but balanced. These two in bold for me. Luke ball is collingwood now. Leon as someone else said will be a smokey for the copeland. He will get plenty of votes from the coach. He is a serious, fit, well drilled footballer with confidence.

Not a lot of comment about Wood. 10 contested poss, 5 tackles for the big man and won the hit outs which is what we want.

Swan is not right and it is showing in his kicking. Not just distance but accuracy.

rand corp 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:38 pm

We didn't look that switched on, looked a bit lethargic early and I thought the conditions, (humidity, rare road trip, high rotation of players) might have played a part.

Flexed our muscle and did enough, after half time thought the more experienced blokes seemed to cruise whilst the younger guys trying to push their credentials looked error ridden at times.

Keefe got a chance to look like a boy playing against boys instead of a boy playing against men and did very well early, leading up and taking strong marks out in front. Was well held after half time but did enough to suggest he has good shot at a big future.

Fasolo, has the flash (skills) and has the trash (likes to get in the face of the oppo) and will get in tight and win footy, if he keeps his head down and focused he should be a very good player in seasons to come.

I'm not sure what's wrong with the Caff but he looks treacle slow and isn't going hard at the contest, is just miles off his best of last season!

I am still not convinced with Krakour, also looks slow and soft at times and looks to be blowing up, perhaps next season after an Arizona massacre he'll finally get himself into the best nick because at the moment he needs to, 1. harden up and 2. grow and extra lung.

I am experiencing a lot of Leon love at the moment, the way he has come back from the disappointment and criticism is phenomenal, a stellar example and a testament. The little man is now imperious in the backline and a general with a penchant for mayhem when he goes on his regular forward safaris.

Wood did what he had to do against poor opposition but this performance will do nothing to silence the critics and doubters, myself included.

Cloke had a great tussle with Bock all night and didn't lower his colours in a tight one on one duel.

Also feeling a lot of Ball love at the moment, the way this guy puts it all on the line for club and team-mates week in, week out is inspirational. Watch closely less you miss the tackle after tackle, the second and third efforts, the tight inside and stoppage work, the 1%ers, he is currently in career best form.

Harry is getting back to his best footy which is encouraging because Maxy is looking very shoddy at the minute.

We will of course miss heater, we also miss Toovs, Buckley is a poor man's substitute for either at the moment but he is still learning his craft, his much vaunted disposal is very overrated.

For most of the rest it was a bit of a training run.
melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Geez the 2nd half turned in to "bruise free footy". Totally a free for all in the midfield last night.

Wouldn't read anything into last night. Pies had the CBFs in the 2nd half.

Thought Keefe showed a little bit.

Wood was good.

Swan. He doesn't seem right to me at all. Both last week and this week. I wonder if a week or two off would help, or its a problem that needs significant time. He does not kick on his left. was previously an even sided player. Now seems to over use his right leg to kick, which results in the scrubbers.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:08 pm

I have only seen highlights of the game, but from all reports we did what we had to do, and that was it. Nine goals is nine goals, but i would have expected around 12 goals win at least. Were we sloppy, lazy, or did the heat get to us, hard to say, but nine goals is a comfy win i suppose, in the end.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Good training run. Happy with the end result.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:22 pm

I survived the game, seedy as and I never want to see smell tequila again. After 10th Goal I don't remember much. Cheers
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:03 pm

1eyedpie wrote:
Tannin wrote:
These are fair-dinkum quality kids, well-coached by Wosha and well-led by Gazza. And the GC kids are top-drawer recruits.

Has the coaching merry-go-round started early?? Or have you been on the sherry Tannin Laughing

I agree they are well coached by Bluey Mckenna Wink

Woops!

What the hell. those West Australians all look the same to me.

Angry Anvil 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:20 pm

I've had a media blackout today, has there been any news on Benny's Johnson's shoulder?

After his last two games, I'd hate to lose him for a week or three. He's hitting his straps with a firm eye on September.

4everpies 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:06 pm

Angry Anvil wrote:
I've had a media blackout today, has there been any news on Benny's Johnson's shoulder?

After his last two games, I'd hate to lose him for a week or three. He's hitting his straps with a firm eye on September.

Apparently Benny, Taz, Swannie and Harry did a Q&A session at Southport FC today. Someone who went posted a pic on twitter.

http://yfrog.com/kg63744032j

Last edited by 4everpies on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:44 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Of course we want to peak for the finals, but geez it's embarrassing to put up a performance like that tonight when the Scum annihilate Essendon and have both the goal of the year and mark of the year in the same game. Rolling Eyes

Krak will have a buy his own wheels this year, as Walker wins the car with THAT grab.

Carlton's season peaked Saturday night. They and their fans won't enjoy a better time than that this season so I hope they savour it.

And Bett's goal was more a disgraceful reflection on Henry Slattery. Fair dinkum my Grandma would have laid a panther tackle on Betts and knocked him out of bounds. Defensive ineptitude at its most pitiful there.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Well, I finally got to watch the game. It must have been a different game that many on here watched. I thought we were great.

We had 11 different goal kickers by the 10 minute mark of the second quarter.10 goals up early in the third. Why wouldn't we put the cue in the rack? We don't need percentage, no one is going to make up 30% in 6 games.

From our magnificent premiership team, we had the following missing:
Backs: Brown, Toovey, Shaw
Mids: Jolly
Forwards: Didak, Beames, Dawes

In addition, Thomas was injured before half time (should have been subbed off then). Macaffer & Goldsack were playing their first senior games for some time and are not yet on the pace. They soon will be.

If we had wanted to won by 100 points, we would have. Personally, I couldn't care less how much we won by. The Suns are completely irrelevant to us and what we are trying to achieve

And then there is Swan. I thought he must have had a shocker. Again, I must have watched a different game. 33 possessions at 86% efficiency. Yeah, he had a real shocker.

Benny's efficiency was 54%, yet some had him in their votes. Love Benny, but I think we're starting to mark Swanny a bit hard.

My only concern is getting enough quality game time into the players who are currently out of the side. We have proved we have great depth, but I would prefer we didn't have that many of our best players out 3-4 weeks out from the finals.

We will easily account for the Bummers next week.16-1 & still on top.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Saw Steele at Dreamworld today. Was walking alone. Asked him if any boys were there, he said a couple were. No big story ... but I think the boys were in holiday mode this round.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 pm

On the Suns, due to Bluey I always thought we would put the cue in the rack and not run up goals in junk time. As one of the commentators said, we must *really* want to bury North.
mgbourne Aries

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:29 pm

Tannin wrote:
1eyedpie wrote:
Tannin wrote:
These are fair-dinkum quality kids, well-coached by Wosha and well-led by Gazza. And the GC kids are top-drawer recruits.

Has the coaching merry-go-round started early?? Or have you been on the sherry Tannin Laughing

I agree they are well coached by Bluey Mckenna Wink

Woops!

What the hell. those West Australians all look the same to me.

I can assure you I look nothing like Woosha either!

Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Doc63 wrote:

And then there is Swan. I thought he must have had a shocker. Again, I must have watched a different game. 33 possessions at 86% efficiency. Yeah, he had a real shocker.

Yes i thought h looked fine as well. There were a few poor kicks particularly in the second half, but a solid performance by swan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: