Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Here we go again! Another day, another drug story...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Brenny wrote:
Well Bound For Glory News are stirring the pot with a 'second club'. However, there are no quotes, no facts, no nothing.

Wouldn't believe it for a second to be honest.

I can also write an article about a 3rd club if you want.

As a writer for Bound for Glory, I can safely say if we were allowed to name the club we would have. We can't. Robinson already stated in his article that another club had more than doubled Collingwood's 4, but he never named them.

He just named Collingwood, but went onto say that there is an issue with other clubs.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:30 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Brenny wrote:
Well Bound For Glory News are stirring the pot with a 'second club'. However, there are no quotes, no facts, no nothing.

As a writer for Bound for Glory, I can safely say if we were allowed to name the club we would have. We can't. Robinson already stated in his article that another club had more than doubled Collingwood's 4, but he never named them.

He just named Collingwood, but went onto say that there is an issue with other clubs.

Eddie mentioned on his radio program yesterday when the news about Collingwood broke that the Herald Sun had spent all weekend trying to get a much bigger story up but couldn't get enough info to run it. And it's not about Collingwood.

Expect something soon. All the journos are back from holiday and frantic to get exclusives prior to the season starting.

Yay.

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Eddie mentioned on his radio program yesterday when the news about Collingwood broke that the Herald Sun had spent all weekend trying to get a much bigger story up but couldn't get enough info to run it. And it's not about Collingwood.

Expect something soon. All the journos are back from holiday and frantic to get exclusives prior to the season starting.

Yay.

I believe the story he could be referring to is the same rumour that has been lingering about facebook the last week and a half. Probably all I can really say as I do not know a lot more of the details just that there was a rumour on facebook.

Will leave it at that, as I don't want to spread it even further than it should go at the moment.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:06 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Nash Rising wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
You know these latest accusations maybe a blessing in disguise.

If there has been a small group of players who believed they could live outside the expectations of the club and the rest of the playing group and engage in drug use then hopefully this should signal the beginning of the end of such behaviour.

Those inside the club would be well aware of the players involved or most likely to engage in risky behaviour and you can bet they will be hypher vigilant from now on and call them to account even if they have only rumour as evidence to go on.

I think it is bigger than "a small group"
In today's paper there is a story of one club's end of year trip.
Players who had not taken drugs before where asked to raise their hand. Over the 30 players present only 4 put up their hands.

Reality beckons a flailing generation going through its death throes. We can no longer bludgeon young people to do what we want just because we say so; the old nonsense arguments put forward by people more concerned with controlling society than bettering it don't wash anymore.

Then God help society in the future! There was a great article in The Australian during the week with a Gen Y'er still living with her parents admitting her generation was far less mature than previous gens. And she is right. My God! In WW1 and WW2 we had 15 year olds able to pass as men and fight in the wars. Today's 25 year olds are still living with mum. Rolling Eyes

I am honestly glad I won't be around in 20 to 30 years time because this world will be shite (not to mention overpopulated by morons - the gene pool is increasingly being watered down). Already people are talking about the lack of innovation. We know that there has never been worse political leadership as today (and it's getting worse by the day). And with a drug addled generation about to take over then the Mayans were right. They only got the date details wrong. Thank God I won't be here to see the mess! Evil or Very Mad
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:21 pm

jack_spain wrote:
In WW1 and WW2 we had 15 year olds able to pass as men and fight in the wars. Today's 25 year olds are still living with mum.

Um, what? An age (WW1) in which teenage boys, desperate to live out storybook hero fantasies — aided and abetted by unscrupulous recruiters looking for more cattle to sacrifice — were slaughtered for no apparent reason in knee-deep mud in France? Yeah, that was real manhood. Rolling Eyes

To some extent our generation come from more comfortable backgrounds, and are thus possibly slower to mature and mentally reach adulthood. But we're living a lot longer now, too, so I just see the process as being extended. The fact that some young men get wasted on pills and coke these days instead of liquor has very little to do with that.

Last edited by David on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:24 pm

You sent 15 year old boys out to fight your battles for you? Pathetic.
Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:50 am

You oldies are just jealous you didn't have video games and the Internet when you were kids.
Arch@M32 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:12 pm

Funkadelic wrote:
You oldies are just jealous you didn't have video games and the Internet when you were kids.

Or good drugs. ;0)
Robbo.D.yobbo 

The Toovinator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:17 pm

jack_spain wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
Nash Rising wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
You know these latest accusations maybe a blessing in disguise.

If there has been a small group of players who believed they could live outside the expectations of the club and the rest of the playing group and engage in drug use then hopefully this should signal the beginning of the end of such behaviour.

Those inside the club would be well aware of the players involved or most likely to engage in risky behaviour and you can bet they will be hypher vigilant from now on and call them to account even if they have only rumour as evidence to go on.

I think it is bigger than "a small group"
In today's paper there is a story of one club's end of year trip.
Players who had not taken drugs before where asked to raise their hand. Over the 30 players present only 4 put up their hands.

Reality beckons a flailing generation going through its death throes. We can no longer bludgeon young people to do what we want just because we say so; the old nonsense arguments put forward by people more concerned with controlling society than bettering it don't wash anymore.

Then God help society in the future! There was a great article in The Australian during the week with a Gen Y'er still living with her parents admitting her generation was far less mature than previous gens. And she is right. My God! In WW1 and WW2 we had 15 year olds able to pass as men and fight in the wars. Today's 25 year olds are still living with mum. Rolling Eyes

I am honestly glad I won't be around in 20 to 30 years time because this world will be shite (not to mention overpopulated by morons - the gene pool is increasingly being watered down). Already people are talking about the lack of innovation. We know that there has never been worse political leadership as today (and it's getting worse by the day). And with a drug addled generation about to take over then the Mayans were right. They only got the date details wrong. Thank God I won't be here to see the mess! Evil or Very Mad

Jack(off)Spain, you sound really old and bitter. Stop looking at the past through rose colored glasses.
On the March 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:54 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Brenny wrote:

Sorry Prototype I am trying to follow this.

How is it OK to name Collingwood (without substantiation) but not OK to name that alleged second club. That makes no sense to me. Confused
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:27 pm

On the March wrote:
Sorry Prototype I am trying to follow this.

How is it OK to name Collingwood (without substantiation) but not OK to name that alleged second club. That makes no sense to me. Confused

Where was there a mention that it was okay?

In my opinion Robbo should have used the term AFL PLAYERS not named a club, we already know why he mentioned Collingwood.

Bound for Glory news wouldn't publish the name because, well, we don't have the legal fees that Robbo would have if he was sued.

Robbo also didn't name the club with double the self-reports either, nor did he mention the third club that's rife with drugs.

Still the question I have is, how did Robbo get AFL player medical records? Seems the piece of news that has been ignored, AFL players' privacy has been invaded by Robinson.

He knows ALL the players self reporting, why? The clubs don't know, why should he?

On the March 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:43 pm

Thanks for the response Prototype.

I agree that this this raises questions about the ethics and motivation of some journalists (is that an oxymoron?). However that seems to be lost in the rush to condemn others.

In regard to this issue generally I am old school and don't see the attraction to "drugs". Yet I love my beer more than anyone and that can have its own set of problems. However in growing up I always felt "drugs" was always one step to far.

As Bob Dylan once said -The times they are a changing, sadly perhaps not for the best.

"Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'."
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:49 pm

I never saw the attraction to drugs either, I've seen what drugs can do to a person and often wondered who'd wanna do that to themselves. But that's just me I am sure there are people that have their reasons, that's fine to.

I am of the opinion that the only people that need to know are the clubs and the AFL, the media and public have no rights to private issues like this. But I believe hiding the drug issue from the clubs will result in a sad ending.

If a person smokes a joint here and there I'm not that fussed, but if someone has a hard drug problem, then the clubs need to know to help.

Always been my stance on this, club knows and supports, public and media shouldn't have any notice.

But wasn't Dylan Howard once sacked due to obtaining medical records? I get that he bought them, but still... there's really the same issue, right?

On the March 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:57 pm

And just to add to the hypocrisy it does not seem to have held back Dylan (Howard's) career! In fact it seems he thrives.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:24 pm

Good points on Robinson's behaviour, OTM and Proto. It seems like the confidence system was working well; why is this news coming out right now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: