Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Harry O

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
Tannin wrote:
^ and you call yourself a Collingwood supporter. What a disgrace.

you might not agree with his sentiments but what does supporting collingwood have to do with this?

Everything. This is one of our boys. No supporter of this club would make up vicious rumours about one of our boys without the slightest evidence, or repeat those unfounded vicious rumours, let alone call for the victim of that low-life rumour-mongering campaign to be sacked and degraded in public.

We expect loyalty and courage and brotherhood from our boys on the field every single week. It cuts both ways. As a supporter, you don't go round making stuff up about our players and then throwing hissy fits when the facts come out and prove you wrong, wrong, wrong.

No genuine Collingwood supporter would post the vile anti-Collingwood garbage we have endured this week. I usually admire your posts even when I don't agree with them, John Wren. Not this time. Supporters don't sabotage their own players. Not now, not ever.

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:33 pm

I agree with all your sentiments that as Collingwood Supporters we need to get round him, and I also think it's just as much about being a decent human being than anything else Tannin.

If this was any other footballer at any other club I'd expect everyone on this forum (and in society) to get around him too. People often forget that these lads are still kids, 24,25,26 years old, and the issues they deal with are very real.

That seemingly doesn't stop people from portraying them as nasty, narcissistic, sinister individuals whose every move is planned with cunning and malice though.

I just don't get it.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Beast wrote:

I actually do feel for him if his issues are to be believed but that doesn't change the fact he shouldn't let these issues destabilise the Club.

Congratulations … you have now trumped anyone in history of the world for the most ignorant and asinine post ever to grace Nick’s (and possibly the internet).

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:40 pm

King Malta wrote:

nasty, narcissistic, sinister individuals whose every move is planned with cunning and malice.......

Far from describing young footballers, these words would be a better description of a few posters on this bulletin board.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Beast wrote:

I actually do feel for him if his issues are to be believed but that doesn't change the fact he shouldn't let these issues destabilise the Club.

Congratulations … you have now trumped anyone in history of the world for the most ignorant and asinine post ever to grace Nick’s (and possibly the internet).

Ignorance is bliss but what is the word for some posters here who point blank refuse to be put out of their ignorance? You can only try and explain things about depression, anxiety, OCD, Panic attacks, bi polar etc so many times FFS! The sufferers know much more about these things than the others but geez, it not hard to show concern, even if it has to be detached? Posters like Beast and his ilk are scary NOT because they are simply clueless but refuse to be enlightened..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:55 pm

Woodisgood - excellent post. Thank you.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:56 pm

Tannin wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Tannin wrote:

you might not agree with his sentiments but what does supporting collingwood have to do with this?

Everything. This is one of our boys. No supporter of this club would make up vicious rumours about one of our boys without the slightest evidence, or repeat those unfounded vicious rumours, let alone call for the victim of that low-life rumour-mongering campaign to be sacked and degraded in public.

We expect loyalty and courage and brotherhood from our boys on the field every single week. It cuts both ways. As a supporter, you don't go round making stuff up about our players and then throwing hissy fits when the facts come out and prove you wrong, wrong, wrong.

No genuine Collingwood supporter would post the vile anti-Collingwood garbage we have endured this week. I usually admire your posts even when I don't agree with them, John Wren. Not this time. Supporters don't sabotage their own players. Not now, not ever.

in this instance it wasn't a rumour. it was an opinion (with a very loose caveat).

i'm not sure that the value of an opinion is (or should be) enhanced, derided or otherwise just because someone happens to support collingwood.

i don't begin to understand what those suffering depression go through or even what the facts of the situation are so am refraining from commenting. this appears to be a sad situation, something that has been brewing for some time and only really come to a head.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Having suffered from Depression myself some years ago, I can understand what Harry is going thru, ive been there myself. Harry now needs family and friends support, ongoing support, and we all should back him up to the hilt. He will need a break from footy for awhile, and he needs his privacy. He has my absolute support in every way.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:02 pm

King Malta wrote:
Tannin wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Tannin wrote:

I agree with all your sentiments that as Collingwood Supporters we need to get round him, and I also think it's just as much about being a decent human being than anything else Tannin.

If this was any other footballer at any other club I'd expect everyone on this forum (and in society) to get around him too. People often forget that these lads are still kids, 24,25,26 years old, and the issues they deal with are very real.

That seemingly doesn't stop people from portraying them as nasty, narcissistic, sinister individuals whose every move is planned with cunning and malice though.

I just don't get it.

I agree. Also with tannin, but aside form a footy supporter, I also wonder what kind of human speices could say such a thing.

Out of character, that says it all.

I'm glad he snapped, I'm glad he let it out. Otherwise we may all be mourning the loss a a human being who is not only a brilliant football talent, but a caring, thoughtful individual. No I don't agree with everything he says, but I do agree with a lot. I don't think a man is any less because he shows his feelings, and thoughts. I too, have occasionally though, Harry, the rainforst can wait til after footy, but in the light of day, no, it quite frankly can't. Harry is using his profile for the good of a lot of causes, human rights, animals, etc etc. Some are important to be, some are not.

As for his so called unprofessional behavior, he must have a deep trust in those around him, to finally let go, he must also have been at the end of his rope. With both my hubby and my mum being so Ill over 3 years, and dealing with my kids, family, friends, doctors, and my own fear and grief, I had those moments. Where you just need to yell no. I can't take anymore. and you wonder when your mind will truly snap.

I love collingwood, and I love my magpie family. I love going to the footy, and I love finally meeting the people I talk to on here. (well i haven't met a yukky on yet!).

Footy is the thing that helped get me through, yelling at the umps, cheering the boys on, and singing that wonderful song. Passion.

Harry is very passionate, it's not just the way he makes his money. And that's the way passion comes out.

I applaud all at the club, from Eddie refusing to divulge on radio. To the players standing by him, and especially Buckley, who is just class from head to toe. I'm sure he is sorry he was flippant, even if it wasn't wrong. You never know what is going to be the last straw.

Side by Side Harry.

I want to see you kick that long goal again, the pic of you sliding on your knees in the 2010 replay, is forever in my heart, and always makes me smile.

Last edited by think positive on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:03 pm

Lazza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Beast wrote:

Ignorance is bliss but what is the word for some posters here who point blank refuse to be put out of their ignorance? You can only try and explain things about depression, anxiety, OCD, Panic attacks, bi polar etc so many times FFS! The sufferers know much more about these things than the others but geez, it not hard to show concern, even if it has to be detached? Posters like Beast and his ilk are scary NOT because they are simply clueless but refuse to be enlightened..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

SPOT on Lazza, and yes, it might surprise some posters on here, but indeed there ARE bigger things in life than just football. Health, mental health, being one of them. Exclamation Exclamation

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:12 pm

MOTR wrote:
Many of us have had to fight depression at some point in our lives. Imagine having to fight it in the public spotlight. All the best Harry. You have not lost an ounce of respect from me.

HARRY will NEVER walk alone, we will ALL be walking with him, side by side, as he gets thru this. Exclamation Smile

magpie1111 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:16 pm

WB Harry it would have been a tragedy if we lost him
Carro 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Nail hit on the head by Robbo

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-defender-harry-obriens-serious-issues-cant-compromise-the-club/story-fndv8g1a-1226676621185
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Carro wrote:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-defender-harry-obriens-serious-issues-cant-compromise-the-club/story-fndv8g1a-1226676621185

Outstanding piece from Robbo and basically mimics what I've been saying all along to a tee.

Unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears, the vocal majority are too busy being sanctimonious do-gooders (while abusing others for having a different opinion) to see the forest for the trees.

Or are they simply incapable of it?
woodisgood Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Beast wrote:
Carro wrote:

Outstanding piece from Robbo and basically mimics what I've been saying all along to a tee.

Unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears, the vocal majority are too busy being sanctimonious do-gooders (while abusing others for having a different opinion) to see the forest for the trees.

Or are they simply incapable of it?

Er Beast I would have to say the article there is more balanced than I frankly have seen in your posts.

Winston Churchill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14   

Jump to: