Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match v Cats...all comments here thanks!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Big T wrote:
That shitty kick from Swan when we had momentum and five points down in the dying minutes was terrible. So angry.
True.I think that kick could well have been a game changer.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:43 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
E wrote:
blackandwhite4life wrote:
Nothing to slash the wrists over. Can't complain about our effort and with a little bit of luck we could'e pinched it against a team that will be thereabouts for Top 4 this year.

So some good signs. Off the top of my head Maxwell, Lumumba, Grundy, Beams, Caff and obviously Elliot were my pick. Sidey, Cloke, Swan disappointing.

My belief in the Adams trade for Heater is getting worse by the week. I never wanted it but will obviously just have to build a bridge. If we had a full squad, he would be lucky to get into our top 30. (i.e. Brown, Sinclair, Reid, Williams, Seedsman, Thomas, Kennedy and even Kyle Martin from outside tonight's 22).

Sidey was fantastic! Re-watch the game.

Sidey played a good game tonight.

Sidey's kicking is shithouse. For all of his effort, he wastes most of it by not kicking to a teammates advantage.

Got a lot of it... didn't use it very well.

PS: on Frost, great game, yeah young kid - needs to look sideways when he's got time, and he's looking up the ground for options (actually a few of our boys could do this...).

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:45 pm

Bit hard on adams some folks, hes the sub and doesn't get a full game yet, bit hasty on him.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:47 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Bit hard on adams some folks, hes the sub and doesn't get a full game yet, bit hasty on him.

We've seen enough on Luke Ball to suggest he won't see the season out. In any case he is finished by the end of this season. Too slow and can't kick over a jam tin any more.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:48 pm

collie dog wrote:
woftam wrote:
We cannot complain about effort from the majority of the team tonight.

I totally agree with that. But in truth isn't "effort" the last refuge of teams without enough skill or a decent game plan?

NO, we had at least four topliners out tonight, marley Williams and reid alone would make a hell of a difference to this team. Confused

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:50 pm

You didn't address the issues of lack of skills or game plan. Merely that we had players out. Newsflash. All teams have key players out. Geelong have at least four top liners out for the season.

Last edited by collie dog on Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:50 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
[quote="collie dog"][quote="woftam"]We cannot complain about effort from the majority of the team tonight.[/quote]

I totally agree with that. But in truth isn't "effort" the last refuge of teams without enough skill or a decent game plan?[/quote]

NO, we had at least four topliners out tonight, marley Williams and reid alone would make a hell of a difference to this team. Confused
What makes it impossible?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:52 pm

At the moment we are a team that is a bit disjointed due to too many changes. The effort is what needs to be there every week, regardless of whether you're a good or ordinary side. We've ticked that off in at least the last two games. Better ball movement will come with a more settled lineup. With key players down and missing we did run the Cats close tonight, and that's an admirable effort.

I've seen enough from us so far this year to say we'll be pretty good. A tough draw means top 4 is probably out of the question. We will be right up there in top 8 calculations though.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:53 pm

Blair doesn't warrant a spot in the side. I haven't seen his stats but he got stuff all of it and seldom does and unless he's applying intense forward pressure (which I again didn't see him doing much of) then he's redundant.

I'd rather see Josh Thomas and Ben Kennedy out there. They're both better ball winners and at least as dangerous around goals. We're not a contender this year so I'd rather see more game time put into these two rather than having Blair keep one or both out.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:57 pm

Flashman wrote:
Blair doesn't warrant a spot in the side. I haven't seen his stats but he got stuff all of it and seldom does and unless he's applying intense forward pressure (which I again didn't see him doing much of) then he's redundant.

Yep, I don't see a spot for Blair. Competes hard but that's about it. Doesn't get much of the ball, doesn't use it all that well, doesn't kick many goals and doesn't even stick many tackles. He's not a mid at AFL level and not a good enough forward. Ben Kennedy is by far the better option, he can play both forward and mid and has good touch around goals. He's in his second year and it's time to see if he can take a step up.

Thomas will surely be in for Adams next week who will be suspended.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:58 pm

collie dog wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
collie dog wrote:
woftam wrote:
We cannot complain about effort from the majority of the team tonight.

I totally agree with that. But in truth isn't "effort" the last refuge of teams without enough skill or a decent game plan?

You didn't address the issues of lack of skills or game plan. Merely that we had players out. Newsflash. All teams have key players out. Geelong have at least four top liners out for the season.

I doubt they have out players the calibre of reid, brown, Williams, and throw in Sinclair and seedsman. the cats still revolve around the likes of sellwood, stevie j, Hawkins, bartel, Kelly and lonergan, and stokes. Aside from Enright what key playmakers do they have out Question Confused Yes, our skills were down, but mainly from sidey and swan, swan definitely is carrying an injury, and his woeful last kick probably cost us the game.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Apparently Sidebottom is a polished finisher according to channel 7s commentary team. For god sake the amount of dribble from the commentary on all stations. I'd rather have dead air.

Young looks pretty when he kicks it, but that doesn't mount to much when it doesn't hit a target.

Granted Lonergan beat Cloke, but that bloke gets away with a ridiculous amount of scragging against ALL opponents. I swear the AFL feels sorry for him for losing that kidney.

There's still a lot of work to be done and a lot of players to come back and to be found.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:13 pm

Yep I think Lonergam touched the footy for his first time ever tonight. He was so shocked he fumbled it over the boundary line. Hack.
It was disappointing to get so close and not quite get the job done. But the signs are positive. How many other teams are fielding two defenders at the moment with 8 games between them and keefe with only a handful himself. Even GWS has a more settled and experienced back line. By mid year we'll be gelling better. Frustrating things is as usual we get a horror draw to the bye and have to chuck the youngsters in the deep end. A real fixture!

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:13 pm

Poor skills, for everything we did well, we made stupid mistakes which undid all the good work. Sidebottom did some nice things but as another poster noted kicked too many at players toes, Labumbla did his usual mixed bag of brilliance and faeces. Pendles what were you thinking? Swan Cloke and Ball need to have an ultimate paddling and start playing commensurate with their salaries. Fasolo in defense was not a good look. Thank god for Elliott and don't get me started on farnarckling umpires or that gonadless transgender ladyboy Hawkins!!!!!!!
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:14 pm

I know everyone hates stats but Sidey's disposal efficiency was 72% tonight. Not elite but not bad either (FWIW Swan 56% (about normal), Cloke (37%), Blair 45%). Thought he had a good game.

Fighting loss I thought. Probably lucky not to lose it by 4-5 goals but to our credit I think our defense forced a lot of their shots out wide. No question we're handballing too much but once we get the balance right I think we're going to be very dangerous. I walked away from the G thinking it's going to be a rough ride for about the next 8 weeks but by round 11/12 I'm expecting the real youngins will have started to get some experience. Hopefully we'll have reasonable stability in personnel too.

Thought Grundy was sensational tonight. Yes he tired by he is 19 people.. yes 19. Played all of 9 games.

Our backline featured a 3 gamer, 5 gamer and a 22 gamer. Not many teams, if any, run around with that much inexperience in their backline.

Don't know about anyone else, I'm a bit worried about how much pace Tooves has lost since he did his knee. He used to be damn fast, now not so much.

Don't reckon Pendles was right tonight. Clearly carrying the knock he got last week, trying to lead the way. Seemed to be a metre slower. Having said that yet another captains game. For those whinging about him not bombing the ball inside 50, are you the same ones complaining about our general forward 50 bombing raids?? Such a shame because the atmosphere at that point was electric.... and his handball was probably only an inch away from being the right option.

Please give Taylor Adams a full game next week. Clokey's a worry but I'm not sure what can be done. Perhaps he has to push up the ground. No way he'll be dropped to the twos. Encouraging signs from White tonight.

Think there's a lot of positives. The missus said that the TV commentary had said it was rookie night with 9 Cats and 10 Pies having played less than 50 games or something along those lines.

Bring on the Tigers... what a week to get them... NOT. Oh well. Go Pies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14   

Jump to: