Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies thump Tigers - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:

A big congrats must go to Bucks for daring to play Fasolo as a defender. While he might make the occasional mistake, his run and silky disposal skills add a touch of class to an otherwise pretty dour defensive unit. While he will probably return to the forward line when we get Marley and Seedsman back, in the meantime he's the player launching most of our attacks from the half back line.

It's clearly been a massive priority for Bucks to add run and penetrative kicking to the defense. Young, Sinclair, Fasolo, Seedsman, Williams, Sidebottom all provide this. I think even Russell was recruited with this in mind. The main problem we've had is that we've rarely had them all available at the same time. When we do and have them play together for a decent period, our team will look a lot better. Under Bucks, but really for most teams, quality run and kicking from half back is the engine of good ball movement. I'm certain we have the personnel to be moving the ball better and all it will take is time and a more settled lineup.

And on Young being soft (in response to another poster): from what I've seen he's really been putting his body on the line. Won us a few important hard balls in the last couple of weeks. I don't think he's overly soft, just weak Wink so he is too easily bumped off the play at times. A bit like Sidebottom in this regard.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:12 pm

MattyD wrote:

Macaffer's aggressive play was no different to many other current players for other clubs.
Of course Harley couldn't handle it. **expletives
There'll be an emergency meeting at AFL House tomorrow to work out what new rule can be brought in to specifically stop this "kind of play". But it will only be enforced for Collingwood players.

Haven't seen the coverage or the pressers. Was something made of Caff's tagging? Hilarious. We finally have a tagger and now the whingeing starts. I guess Caff can take it as a compliment. You're not doing your job as a tagger if no one complains about it.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:48 pm

collie dog wrote:
Richmond really were a pile of dung. I believe there is a delivery truck due outside Punt Road sometime this morning. Laughing

Gold! It's the Richmond PR Department's crisis management handbook!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:51 pm

Magpie Jack wrote:
Fasolo was fantastic down back.
Witts played really well although I was surprised they had both ruckmen on the ground at the same time in those conditions.
The White/ Cloke combination looks very promising.
I'm amazed by the criticism of Macaffer's tagging. Softwick's winging at the press conference was absolutely pathetic. That's what they do when they're about to get the arse...blame everyone else.

To be fair to Hardwick, he did say that he wants his players to tag like Macaffer, everything else was just backhanded compliments.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:18 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
Nice to get the 4 points. Shame about conceding 7 goals in the last though.

Now go Dees to make my week.

Great week indeed.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:54 pm

Great team effort by the lads, Bally showed the way and took some hits many others would dare not take, those who think he is finished are way off. Clinton young worked hard and Beamsy , Swan and Steele were great , Jesse WHite had a night out and Witts had his best yet, Pendles lead the way, keep it coming lads.

www.facebook/the hybernators
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:07 pm

Progress. Nice win overall, but more important for mine, some signs that things are starting to come together.

Witts was good. best game so far, showed his skills at ground level and how much his footy brain has developed. Nice.

Fas down back. Silk. He's a smart footballer and an aggressive one in that he thinks attack first before defence. He thinks his way through things pretty damn well for mine and his disposal is usually bloody good.

Frost. Come on down you albino SOB, I'm developing a man crush. Tall, fast, strong and determined. Everything you want in a key defender

Loved the number of goals kicked from midfielders. Reminded me of 2010 when we had a good spread of goal kickers. That's what we need to do, keep that going and use the KP forwards as one option not THE option. Mention to Elliot here. Kid is good.

Lots more I could say, but those were the main things for me. Serviceable win, very good signs going forward.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Very pleased to get the 4 points and help boost our %. Unfortunately we played a very ordinary side and it masked some huge issues we still have.
Sidey effiency is tragic would have been below 30% last night I remember watching at least 9 times he hit a tiger on the chest to watch the ball go back over his head into our defensive 50.
Fas was good. It looked a little lost at times and if he plays like that on a good player we will get hurt but I'm prepared to give him time to learn the position better.
Our star mods saved us tonight big time Beamer Pendles and Swanny were unbelievable.
Interesting during the call Leigh Matthews said they are the best 3 mids as a combination in the comp a big wrap for a guy who's opinion I respect.
Caff did a great job
Elliott showed plenty again
Frosty was strong and I can't wait to see him when we get him a settled back line to work in
Youngs kicking will be a huge bonus when he gets settled into our style of play
Cloke can't seem to find it at the moment but he kept presenting so A for effort
White did his part and when he gets the 3rd best defender when Reid is back he will be even more valuable
Dave the mans love child Grundy needs to stop giving away soft frees. His young and working hard but my lord he frustrates me at times. His mobility around the ground is great and he just needs games to learn
Witts did well
I just get concerned when I see our disposal so poor what good sides will do to us.
But let's enjoy the win and get set for next week.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:08 pm

Sidey's disposal efficiency was 73%.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:50 pm

^ That young fella is stepping up his game.

I said before R1 I wanted to see him go to the next level or risk being just a very good player instead of an elite player.

I'm VERY happy with what I'm seeing from him.

Last season he was very good, he did get 3rd in the B&F, but so far in 2014, I think he's gone to the next level. I'm liking what I'm seeing and I hope he continues to improve.

Well done to him!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:04 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

And clearly his best game this season, some of his work was both clinical and creative. Give credit where it's due.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:06 pm

Brenny wrote:
^ That young fella is stepping up his game.

I said before R1 I wanted to see him go to the next level or risk being just a very good player instead of an elite player.

I'm VERY happy with what I'm seeing from him.

Last season he was very good, he did get 3rd in the B&F, but so far in 2014, I think he's gone to the next level. I'm liking what I'm seeing and I hope he continues to improve.

Well done to him!

Has shown improvement every week. Still further improvement in him I reckon.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:25 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

Wow I'm stunned I clearly didnt think that so i replayed the game (I recorded it on IQ as I worked late) and saw him have 8 direct turnover kicks to tiger players.
How do they calculate that result is beyond me.
I wasn't bagging his efforts or the good work he did but his disposal by foot was tragic.
I agree he is a work in progress and seems to be covering loads of ground forward and back which is great.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:05 am

The ONLY regret I have after this great win was that Carlton let Richmond off the hook again. Evil or Very Mad

Those useless Blues have attracted the blowtorch two weeks in a row from these hopeless Tiger pretenders. What a joke.

The only consolation is that we can say with certainty that neither Carlton nor Richmond will play finals this year. Well done Pies! Laughing

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:27 am

Interesting to note that Bucks said on SEN that he is playing Fasolo back predominantly to enhance the defensive side of his game (70%) and about a 30% shot he remains in defense long term. Gets sucked in to the ball a little too much when at times he would be better off staying down and providing an 'out' for our taller defenders to feed to, by providing an accurate clearing kick. I generally liked his game on Friday. Adds some depth down back while Seedsman, Sinclair and Marley are out of action.

Bucks also noted that he was most looking forward to adding some run into the team via the aforementioned, rather than necessarily the influence of having Reid and Brown as kpp's.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: