Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

It’s black and white: Daisy’s no Blue

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully his stint with Carlton will be as memorable and successful as McKenna's and McGuane's were.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:37 pm

35forever wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
^ You clearly have mental issues.

Wow! A rhetorical masterpiece! You sure showed me! Questioning someone's sanity, I really must remember that!

PS, September Zeros, I agree about the sanity questions, but it doesn't bother me when they come my way, It's just another way of saying "I can't put up an intelligent argument". If such a statement was made by someone with half my intelligence it might concern me but that hasn't happened here.

We could've had Daisy for way less than 700 pa, but we offered him peanuts which is why he, being told he wasn't wanted, couldn't sign and forestall Carlton's offer. He wanted to stay - Fact. And he didn't lie about a damn thing. Collingwood's press dept on the other hand, DID lie, and handled the whole thing very badly, their lies were exposed by Heater and they replied with silence, having been vociferous about everything else.

He's producing quite well for Carlton, but has a lot of match conditioning to make up, when he does we will rue letting him go. As I write he's just run down the flank again and delivered beautifully to Waite, the Daisy of old, with no sign of injury. Another run down tackle! He's been a big part of Carlton's first win. He's also very popular among his new teammates as he was at Collingwood. It will always look wrong to see him in a filth jumper, but Collingwood and no one else caused that, just another part of the greatest cluster#$k in football history.

PS: Those who don't like reading long posts are very welcome to go ^%$# themselves and not read them, not that difficult really. I was reading each of Daisy's tweets and replying to many during the time he was dumped and there was no way he wanted to leave. he simply wasn't given a choice. Ain't one single person here who would hand over 300k, or even a quarter of that to keep fans happy. Football is a full-time job these days and one with a short earning span. Any player who doesn't want to do well for themselves during that time isn't very bright. So why Carlton? Pretty damn simple really! I just thank god I don't haft see him in Blue hoops, I hate Geelong Waay worse than I hate Carlton and Essendon.

I'll continue posting and earning your insults for as long as you care to prove your worthlessness by making them. Talk about water off a Ducks back! I show your stupidity to my wife sometimes (no, her name isn't Dale, but my dog is named Daisy) and we laugh our heads off at the way not very bright people suck down hooks like a big-mouth bass. So please don't stop! If one person learns something per 50 Ad-Hominum attacks I'll be more than happy.

When you can back your opinions with some facts then I will responed to you in a proper manner. At the moment these are the musings of a madman, who is pining for his long lost love.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:53 pm

35forever wrote:
So why Carlton? Pretty damn simple really! I just thank god I don't haft see him in Blue hoops, I hate Geelong Waay worse than I hate Carlton and Essendon.

Look it's up too you how you rate the Clubs but this above statement has me wondering about your "collingwoodness".
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:30 pm

I recall Hine saying that we had an offer on the table for Daisy which he did not accept. Subsequently with Daisy's ongoing injuries, this was pulled and a more performance based contract was put on the table.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:47 pm

1061 wrote:
35forever wrote:
So why Carlton? Pretty damn simple really! I just thank god I don't haft see him in Blue hoops, I hate Geelong Waay worse than I hate Carlton and Essendon.

Look it's up too you how you rate the Clubs but this above statement has me wondering about your "collingwoodness".

He sound more like a Hawthorn supporter!!!

Maybe 35forever is actually Jack Spain!!

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:55 pm

Flashman wrote:
David

Taking the high road to allow him to look down on everyone else.

Flashman, you are my hero.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:56 pm

35forever wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
^ You clearly have mental issues.

Wow! A rhetorical masterpiece! You sure showed me! Questioning someone's sanity, I really must remember that!

PS, September Zeros, I agree about the sanity questions, but it doesn't bother me when they come my way, It's just another way of saying "I can't put up an intelligent argument". If such a statement was made by someone with half my intelligence it might concern me but that hasn't happened here.

We could've had Daisy for way less than 700 pa, but we offered him peanuts which is why he, being told he wasn't wanted, couldn't sign and forestall Carlton's offer. He wanted to stay - Fact. And he didn't lie about a damn thing. Collingwood's press dept on the other hand, DID lie, and handled the whole thing very badly, their lies were exposed by Heater and they replied with silence, having been vociferous about everything else.

He's producing quite well for Carlton, but has a lot of match conditioning to make up, when he does we will rue letting him go. As I write he's just run down the flank again and delivered beautifully to Waite, the Daisy of old, with no sign of injury. Another run down tackle! He's been a big part of Carlton's first win. He's also very popular among his new teammates as he was at Collingwood. It will always look wrong to see him in a filth jumper, but Collingwood and no one else caused that, just another part of the greatest cluster#$k in football history.

PS: Those who don't like reading long posts are very welcome to go ^%$# themselves and not read them, not that difficult really. I was reading each of Daisy's tweets and replying to many during the time he was dumped and there was no way he wanted to leave. he simply wasn't given a choice. Ain't one single person here who would hand over 300k, or even a quarter of that to keep fans happy. Football is a full-time job these days and one with a short earning span. Any player who doesn't want to do well for themselves during that time isn't very bright. So why Carlton? Pretty damn simple really! I just thank god I don't haft see him in Blue hoops, I hate Geelong Waay worse than I hate Carlton and Essendon.

I'll continue posting and earning your insults for as long as you care to prove your worthlessness by making them. Talk about water off a Ducks back! I show your stupidity to my wife sometimes (no, her name isn't Dale, but my dog is named Daisy) and we laugh our heads off at the way not very bright people suck down hooks like a big-mouth bass. So please don't stop! If one person learns something per 50 Ad-Hominum attacks I'll be more than happy.

Bullshit, I have heard strongly scum fans refer to you hero as " Micks daughter Daisy. ". No doubt the old fart still tucks him into bed and reads him beddie bye stories. Oh, and when your hero dashes down the wing, against quality sides, not a rabble like the very young dogs, then I might say he is ok, my money is still on him doing his ankle at any given moment, he is not a shadow of the player he was with us, and never will be. Time to take your Dollar daisy pics off the wall I think, your hero is dead in the water to the rest of us. Exclamation Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:58 pm

If you're so intelligent 35forever why don't you know the difference between a "FACT" and an "ALLEGATION"?

You constantly say the club offered Daisy peanuts and that the club lied about why they decided not to match Carlton's offer and that Thomas really wanted to stay but you've provided not one shred of evidence to support these assertions of yours.

Yet you claim these are irrefutable facts which is total and utter bullshit.

You know what we know (and the blindingly obvious circumstantial evidence suggests that Thomas was at best hedging his bets all year about staying) and until you provide something more substantial than "I was following Daisy's tweets and he said he wanted to stay... FACT!" then I'll take your long winded diatribes with a pinch of salt and maintain my opinion that you are full of it.

But then again you're the poster who reckoned we'd have won 5 flags in a row if we'd kept Malthouse on as coach (I still don't get how that would have happened after losing 2011 but anyway) so clearly exaggeration, hyperbole along with your own sense of grandiosity are legitimate tools to back up your factually dubious arguments.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:00 pm

Luke Ball - leaves the Saints. Bagged by Saints supporters. Saints supporters lack class and respect.

Daisy - leaves Collingwood. Bagged by Collingwood supporters. Daisy lacks class and respect.

Makes sense.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:17 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Luke Ball - leaves the Saints. Bagged by Saints supporters. Saints supporters lack class and respect.

Daisy - leaves Collingwood. Bagged by Collingwood supporters. Daisy lacks class and respect.

Makes sense.

Laughing Yes It's clear as Black and white, or should I say White and Black. We are Collingwood not some club like Carlton!
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:28 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

Makes sense.

Pretty poor comparison really.

Luke Ball had clearly been on the outer with Ross Lyon as evidenced by being dropped and given limited game time throughout the year (as evidenced by the 2009 grand final) and clearly faced a diminishing role at the Saints going forward and left to pursue greater on field opportunities. Thomas left for more money (which is his right) and no other reason.

Plus Luke Ball didn't play his contract negotiations out in the media and make misleading statements to fans on the eve of leaving the club, nor did he use a media position to make disparaging remarks aimed at teammates (telling players to pull their heads in) or to moan about some of the initiatives introduced by the coach (Leading Teams). All of which would understandably make the club look on him in a less than favourable light.

Luke Ball has conducted himself with nothing but class especially towards his previous club and anyone who bags him does lack respect.

Dale Thomas conducted himself in a less than professional manner during 2013 and certainly doesn't warrant the respect that Luke Ball deserves in my opinion.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Flashman wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Makes sense.

Luke Ball had clearly been on the outer with Ross Lyon as evidenced by being dropped and given limited game time throughout the year (as evidenced by the 2009 grand final) and clearly faced a diminishing role at the Saints going forward and left to pursue greater on field opportunities. Thomas left for more money (which is his right) and no other reason.

Plus Luke Ball didn't play his contract negotiations out in the media and make misleading statements to fans on the eve of leaving the club, nor did he use a media position to make disparaging remarks aimed at teammates (telling players to pull their heads in) or to moan about some of the initiatives introduced by the coach (Leading Teams). All of which would understandably make the club look on him in a less than favourable light.

Luke Ball has conducted himself with nothing but class especially towards his previous club and anyone who bags him does lack respect.

Dale Thomas conducted himself in a less than professional manner during 2013 and certainly doesn't warrant the respect that Luke Ball deserves in my opinion.

Great post Flashman.

You only had to see Bally's interview on the ground after the Grand Final. He really went out of his way to make sure he didn't look like he was rubbing his old club's nose in it.

Ball is all class. Thomas is all scum.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:28 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Flashman wrote:
David

You're easily impressed! It's not that hard to have a crack at another poster. You should try it some time.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:46 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Flashman wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Makes sense.

Great post Flashman.

You only had to see Bally's interview on the ground after the Grand Final. He really went out of his way to make sure he didn't look like he was rubbing his old club's nose in it.

Ball is all class. Thomas is all scum.

On Ball, I definitely agree. I still remember that interview in 2010. He behaved with intelligence, poise and sportsmanship, acknowledging the pain felt by many of this friends on the other team. Behind the mike, he is probably the classiest footballer I've ever seen, and he'd make a fantastic media commentator or coach, one day.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:26 pm

David wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
Flashman wrote:
David

You're easily impressed! It's not that hard to have a crack at another poster. You should try it some time.

Come on David the world needs more heroes and me having a dig at you anonymously over an online forum is the 21st century version of heroism. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 6 of 18   

Jump to: