Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies beat Blues - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Heater did fork his arse to the highest bidder.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:41 am

Daisy was a gut running flashy player who had a system of mates that helped him get possessions. Our press grid and system at the time suited him, he could do little things and be the hard running pressurer and link man, and run down and take a hanger.

Carlton players aren't allowing him to link, he runs wide and they won't kick it to him. He asks for the handball and they ignore him because of the arrogant inept flogs that they are. Whereas we got maximum value from his strengths because we had others who complemented him across his lines, at Carlton he is being expected to be a harder Gibbs or Murphy, which he really never was, and his skills will never be at.

roar 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:04 am

I'm a happy man!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:06 am

Wearmouth wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
D.Thomas 14 disposals at 57%.
Money well spent by Carlton. Laughing

700 k / 22 games / (14* 57%). About $2200 per effective disposal. You need to fix a lot of prices at that rate....

I can't wish Daisy any ill, but he must be feeling pretty unhappy with his decision, right now.

It was out of his hands. The club did not want him any longer as he was a disruptive player. We were more than happy to see him go and the compensation pick sealed his fate. Once we new the value of offloading him, there was no way we could pass that up for a player with a chronic ankle injury that had only played 13 games in three seasons for us.

He will always be a premiership player, but will never be loved by the faithful. Heater on the other hand will always be welcome back to the fray with open arms in years to come.

So, you admit it was out of Daisy's hands. That he was essentially forced out because he was disruptive and we could get double dip compensation (pick from FA, plus extra cap space).

But he will never be welcomed back?

Whereas, Shaw, who was forced out for being a disruptive influence (much more disruptive than Thomas, especially on field), and where the compensation was just an ordinary trade, will be welcomed back?

Is this just about the team they have gone to? Because, for mine, Shaw was the one that really had to go. He was a terrible influence on and off the field. Thomas's situation was more a mixture of injury and the ridiculous FA rules where a team gets double compensation for a player.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:32 am

Mugwump wrote:
The last quarter was slightly disappointing, but in a funny way good as well. It was a relatively stress-free learning experience.

The remarkable thing about this game - really remarkable - was that the best players were almost all lesser-lights. Blair was wonderful, Dwyer excellent, Langdon a revelation, Elliott officially a gun. Pendlebury, Beams, Swan and Cloke all played a strong part, but none were game-breakers. Heritier was fairly quiet, Sidey very (was he tagged?), and White below his best of recent weeks.

Elliott has officially become a differentiating player. Three strong and creative goals, a reliable set shot ; the kid has it all. An amazing prospect.

If I had one real reservation it was our continued inability to convert forward opportunities. Had we kicked straight, we'd have been 90 points up at 3Qtr time - and we simply need to convert more chances given the level of supply that was provided to our forwards.

A special mention for Sammy Dwyer - I had forgotten how good he is. He gets his own ball, runs incredibly hard, and keeps his eyes and the ball low as he inserts it inside 50. I hope his injury is no issue.

Taylor Adams wil be fine, I hope - but he was disapponting today. We need to give him time and let him get the measure of the game.

Lastly, I have never seen a Collingwood side with the depth of this one. Three outs on last week's backline, and we didn't miss a beat - though I think we missed Goldy up forward.

In all, a regulation win with one lax quarter against a struggling side - but we turn for the bye in very good shape and with a lot of upside. I'm happy.

Agree with almost all of this, but the Adams assessment is a trifle harsh. He was thrown down back and asked to be a backman having never played there. All things considered, I think he did ok and he will only get better.

uncanny 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:34 am

good win pies
Slowly but surely we are catching up to them on the head to head count.
Six behind now after it blew out to about twenty in the 90s.
Get this ledger right and another flag within a few years and the monogram will be relegated to its rightful place on the win loss history boards to accompany the crap they have served up this century.
Malthouse post match was cringe worthy. No real answers to the questions posed. Crabby put downs. How demoralising for Carlton people to have to digest this? Surely this has put to bed any question about us replacing him with Bucks.
Eddie said pre game that Thomas will be welcomed back to the club when he retires and will be made a life member. I think that is fair enough based on his work up until 2012. By leaving he has done us a favour. Not quite a Micky McGuane fail but it is up there. As others have pointed out here, he will never be the player he was at the pies because of the soft rabble he has to play with.
Go pies again after a well earned break!

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:34 am

Faded out in last quarter: but to add some perspective here we were 56 points up at three qtr time after kicking 4 goals, 10 behinds in the third quarter with most of our back line sitting in the stand after losing four players from last week's team to injury. This team has got so much improvement to come in the next three months with players returning and eventually us greatly increasing our forward power. Put Reid and Fasolo up forward and we will score a lot more which have to do to beat the best.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Actually, I feel strangely cheated. Much as I love seeing the 'Pies thrash the Blooz, this week I had to enjoy the Collingwood win and their loss over 2 hours, instead of 4.
daicos35 Leo

Is é an Phríomhroinn linne

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:37 pm

Really enjoyed that win thankyou boys. Love the hunger across the team to help each other. The quality of our young kids in the one on one contests and their understanding to link up moving the ball down the ground just gives me so much enthusiasm for the future.

Really liked Buck's media after the game, underlining the players focus on becoming the team they want to be.

So much upside looking at the player depth. 2014, let's surprise ém all Very Happy

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:50 pm

We beat Carlton!!!!!.....nothing more to say really. I am a happy man. Very Happy
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Why would anyone who saw last nights game comtemplate getting and paying top dollar for Bryce Gibbs? Forget the fadeout.Boys looking to a week off and maybe a few beers tonight after recovery. And I have given up on trying to work out what is and isn't a free kick in the ruck and in some marking contests. One free to Witts for in the back was soft as Bryce but Cloke gets manhandled and nothing.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:16 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Taylor Adams wil be fine, I hope - but he was disapponting today. We need to give him time and let him get the measure of the game.

Agree that he was disappointing. And has still not shown he can play anywhere other than as an extractor. Thomas was only ok himself so hasn't gone a long way ahead of him, but Adams will have to do much more than he has so far to earn a spot in our best 25.

I thought Adams was pretty good. Bucks said after the game he was pleased that Adams was able to play as a defender - a role he's probably never played before.

Almost every time he had the ball, he looked ordinary. Slow and sloppy disposal (and yes, I know his efficiency % was not too bad, but it's not a great stat).

The good things I saw from him was a nice tackle and a great "steal" later in the game.

Not sure who he played on, so maybe he did well at stopping his opponent. But his work with ball in hand was ordinary, which continues to suggest he needs to be an extractor and will struggle to find a spot in the team in another position.

NyahWestPie 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:53 pm

The 'Tackle and Steal' move by 3 of our players was magnificent. It aint often you see a bloke wrap up his opponent, then rip the ball from him and dispose it to a mate. The one Goldsack 'produced' at CHB was legendary. He's a ripper that Goldsack, plays multiple roles, stops, goals, sticks abrasive TACKLES and just does the team thing.

And the rest of the boys were farkin' great.

Go 'Pies!!!

NWP

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:07 pm
Post subject: EReply with quote

Goldsack has arrived. Easily his best game ever! Same for Blair.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Whoever came up with a saying a win is a win probably had this game in mind.
Langdon, Elliott, Beams and The Sack were great, Clokey and Blair improved, the rest were simply going through the motions.
Not as concerned about last 1/4 fadeout as I am about our lack of ruthless streak, especially against the scum that had a far weaker line up on the night than the one that lost to Melbourne....
So yeah, a win is a win.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: