Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sidebottom 4 weeks, down to 3 with early plea

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put you into another context Hal
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:18 am

I like the way you talk.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:21 am

You're not so bad yourself
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:41 am

HAL wrote:
Sorry my legs aren't built yet.

That's fine, Hal, you'll probably still be more reliable from 25m than Travis is.
Come right along.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:45 am

Where is right along ?
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:53 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Tannin wrote:
As to who comes in for him, duh. Swan comes in. Thomas stays, that's flat. Then we have Ball and Grundy looking to return, with Adams and Witts looking to hold their spots.

There is zero chance they won't stick with Seedy now that he has demonstrated his credentials - Seedy and Young both playing wing/half-back just gives us awesome scoring power the way those two break the lines and pin-point it in low and fast.

In short, Dave the Man is right: Sidey won't be particularly missed. He does some great stuff but not consistently enough. JT will only get better and better with four games in a row; Seedy should be a lock be then, and Sidebottom might have to start back in the seconds and wait for a space to open up for him.

Agree Tannin Swan in for Sidey and leave the rest alone unless we have other injuries (White may miss its his hand)
As for Sidey take the 3 weeks because if you miss 4 you might want to make friends quickly with the VFL coach because that's where you will be coming back through. If we beat the hawks (and right now they look beatable) then Bucks would be loathed to make changes.
Now before all the sidey fans get up in arms I've said for weeks now he isn't the same player he was last year. His consistency has dropped off.
When he is on (like quarter one last week) he is sensational after that (he had 11 touches in term one and 11 or 12 more for the remaining 3 quarters) he was quiet.
His disposal has been iffy for prolonged periods this year.
I couldn't see Bucks dropping him as I've said before but if we win the next 3 with him out then I don't think he automatically come back in like a Swan or Pendles or Beams would.
IMO I called 4 or 5 weeks down graded based on the fact he jumped, lifted his elbow and the player was subbed out. It looked a lot worse than it was but when you jump and elbow and a player missed the match basically you get what they throw at you.
No point in appealing there is no defense they will accept other than it is not in Sidey's game to do this.
Anyways time to move on and get ready for the Dee's they won't be a push over like the Aint's so I hope our players don't take them lightly or we may get a huge surprise.

This is a joke (and really says more about the high expectations you have for sidey rather than making any sense per se). I agree with you that his level of performance is below Beams and Pendles. However, to extrapolate such a statement and conclude that he is not an automatic selection in our team is crazy. Are Pendles and beams arguably the best two players in the comp at this moment? If not, there is at least an argument to be made.

In my opinion, Sidey is approaching (but not quite) elite. he would be one of the first 6 picked in nearly every side and certainly in Collingwood. Of course he is a loss and of course he comes straight back in.

E I agree Sidey is a very good player and perhaps I am being a little harsh but stats don't lie. His effiency is down to 53% from mid to high 60's from previous 2 seasons. His 3 missed goals from within 25-30 a couple weeks ago I think said volumes of a player off the mark a bit.
First quarter last week 2 absolute gems passes into our 50 that led to goals.
But I base my opinion on the premise that if we beat the hawks dees & dogs would Bucks change the side ? IMO I doubt he would as he has shown he is a loyal coach and even sticks solid with players down of form.
He may well come straight back in but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.
Cheers E love a healthy debate.

EFF is at 69.8% for the year against all players average of 61.3
He is one of the hardest runners in the comp.
Hi tackles, marks, disposals contested and uncontested are all above the comp average with uncontested 7 disposals higher. Thats his role, plays it well

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:09 am

Yet, when he wins the Copeland, there will be plenty of posters on here who think the coaches can't judge player-performance.

As I said much earlier, he killed the game in the first quarter against the 'Aints. Everything that happened after quarter-time was window-dressing - entertaining window-dressing, of course, but it was Sidebottom's brilliant first-quarter display that bagged the 4 points.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:30 am

Remember when Dane Swan was allowed to rack up touches because he supposedly didn't do anything with them. Same thing applies here. Sure he lets go some clangers, but he's often disposing of it under pressure because he's gone and won his own ball.

I hate the mungs, helicopters and interceptions as well, but the good outweighs the bad and the bad Sidebottom disposal is better than a clean opposition disposal.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:14 am

lol seriously though...if we were talking about this indecent happening to a Collingwood player...we would all be demanding 4 weeks. It is just our natural bias to the club that has some up in arms on here.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:48 am

OK, I disagree. I was at the game and I hardly saw it. IF the St Kilda bloke didn’t have to leave the field, it would have been a 2 week penalty at the most. And if the roles were reversed and it was done to a Collingwood player, I would honestly say the very same thing. A glancing blow, nothing more nothing less. No malice whatsoever intended.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Lazza wrote:
derkd wrote:
lol seriously though...if we were talking about this indecent happening to a Collingwood player...we would all be demanding 4 weeks. It is just our natural bias to the club that has some up in arms on here.

OK, I disagree. I was at the game and I hardly saw it. IF the St Kilda bloke didn’t have to leave the field, it would have been a 2 week penalty at the most. And if the roles were reversed and it was done to a Collingwood player, I would honestly say the very same thing. A glancing blow, nothing more nothing less. No malice whatsoever intended.

Ben Reid says g'day to Lindsay Thomas....
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
^Funny, Sidebottom being lauded On the Couch last night as being a rare commodity, a player with an ability to use his non-preferred foot and get space accordingly.

True Albert they showed his two gems in the first quarter which where fantastic.
Now show me another highlight for the remainder of the night !
Umm there isn't one mate which in my point exactly. He can be so good but goes missing for long periods and is inconsistent in his performance over 4 quarters this year.
Healy is a spud of a judge he rated Joel Selwood the best player in the game a month ago.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:24 pm

Lazza wrote:
derkd wrote:

Fair point, however, i think what is being lost and looking at this as objectively as i can (being a pies fan aside) i can understand the four week ruling. Combining the fact that player was concussed (therefore unable to play on) and that Sidey had left the ground to make contact (glancing blow or not he still made contact) they (the match review panel) had to throw the book at him. Otherwise what is to stop players running off the line to take out say Pendles at a opening bounce? if you know that as a precedent Sidey only got 2 weeks for making such contact. Viney indecent completely different the guy was in the contest and stayed grounded...and for all the uproar that caused they got it right in the end.

I think for the fairness of the game (again leaving aside my Collingwood bias) and Sidey to his credit has confessed as much....it is a fair ruling. And I for one think it is good he has taken the penalty and moved on. That is my take on it anyway. The door swings both ways....if that happened to one of our guys in a match later this year i would expect a similar outcome.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:57 pm

Totaly agree with most of your comments but I still think he should have got 3 games down to 2. Anyway, time to move on........ Cool
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:53 pm

derkd wrote:
BJ wrote:
The mods on this so called Collingwood forum are a joke, there's more freedom of speech in China

Nick's celebration of twenty-five years of tiananmen square? Laughing

Nice Pick up on the Wing DerkD! Laughing

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: