Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Dogs down Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

doriswilgus wrote:
Just saw Blair's stats on the A.F.L website.7 possessions,one point and a 28% disposal efficiency.If he doesn't get dropped for that,when will he ever get dropped?

^This x 1000. It's easy to make Adams a whipping boy, but Blair was god damn useless. I don't give a shit if he got 8 tackles. If you can't get more than 7 disposals and can't hit the scoreboard you're useless as a forward.

Martin deserves his spot next week. If Blair retains his spot on the back of that effort I'll spew.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:52 pm

bulldogs 17 more clearences
blair 7 diposals
white 5 disposals
adams 30 disposals - 2 goals
who would you keep

piester 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:55 pm

I think the thing that hurts most is if we had won the two games we were supposed to (Adelaide and Dogs) we would been the same points as Port, and probably locked in for a top four spot. I don't think Adams was the worst offender, at least he had a crack. Swan for mine is the one the must come under the microscope, he fumbles the ball a lot and is not as clean as he used to be and really does not put in the hard yards.

Last edited by piester on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:56 pm

axl13 wrote:
I can't believe big Will rucked all game that was a huge effort. They were killing us all game with clearances.

The guy is a veteran truck, and AA for a reason. People need to ease up on Witts and Grundy, who bust their arses for us week in, week out despite their young years. Replacing Jolly wasn't going to be easy. Witts and Grundy at least have a go in the contest, unlike those two spineless cowards Richards and Woods, who did nothing but list-clog for years.

holdencaulfield wrote:
Take a chill pill.

HC, had mowed through my packet by not long after half-time, like they were M&Ms. Can you loan me any? Confused

Dyso

Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:56 pm

Flashman wrote:
Beast wrote:
Flashman wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Season over now.

Adams is useless. Worst footballer in our team. Should never play another senior game.

Ridiculous post.

Jarryd Blair is worse.
Adams and Blair are both Vfl standard plodders but I can see why you'd wan't to justify Adsms' selection Embarassed

Who's justifying anything.

The rationale behind selecting him was sound. Good inside, stoppage player against a good inside, stoppage team. You were the one who thought we'd be sweet with just Thomas and Ball in close (both of whom Adams was better than today). Sadly we still got phucked in the clearances largely.

I wasn't spruiking him getting a gig unlike you with Broomhead though. Tell me how you rated his game once he got on?

Gifting Adams a game when he a blind Freddy can see he should be working on his disposal issues in VFL was a ridiculous thing to do, especially when he didn't get any game time at either level last week.
So justify it all you want but the proof is in the pudding.
Broomy isn't the first sub in the history of the game to struggle to make an impact when he came and I was actually more scathing of Fas' omission on the back of one poor game.
The selection process for this game was horrid, no matter which way you spin it.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:00 pm

And hands up who was telling all and sundry for months that Blair is the worst player out of the ones considered to be best 22 in our side.
Tackles that don't stick, kicks that hardly ever hit the target and one cherry picking goal at best per game are his norm.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:01 pm

What an absolutely disgraceful performance that was. Other than Cloke, who was magnificent, and one or two others who weren't too bad, the rest can go and get royally stuffed.

I don't care who we had out, we should be beating Footscray if we are a top 8, never mind top 4, side.

Surely its time for the Blair experiment to come to an end. Considering his many shortcomings, he's had a good run, and a Premiership medal, Its time to go. I agree with Thompsoc, Martin would be an infinitely better option for the future that Blair.

At some stage during the season, someone was going to get hold of our young backline, I just didn't expect it to be tonight. They were just swamped by the amount of ball coming in.

I really don't want to bag Adams, but, I have to. He may end up being a very good player for us down the track, but at the moment, he's not in our, or GWS' best 22. Even with players out.

And what of Swan. The way he is going at the moment, the end looks like its coming a lot quicker than we thought. If we are to challenge in the next few years, I really cant see him being part of it.

As much as I want to get as many games into Witts & Grundy, I don't think we can continue with both in the side. Unless we decide to put the cue in the rack and just develop for 2015/16

And speaking of putting the cue in the rack, why, when you are a goal down a three quarter time, do you start Pendles, Swan & Ball all in the forward line at the start of the last quarter? Why wouldn't you abandon the Griffin tag, which wasn't working anyway, and start your A Team in the first center bounce?

At least we now know where we actually are as a team. We are not top 4 yet, we are still growing as a team. Quite a few out there today wont be there when we are.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:04 pm

blackandwhite4life wrote:

I don't want to hammer Adams like every one else as he does get in and have a go. But.......from day one I never liked the Heater trade. He looks an honest trier, whereas Heater was one of the best backman in the game. Never an even trade.

You know what we miss most from Heater. His leadership. Yes, leadership! I watched some of the Giants win against Brisbane last night and every time I saw Heater (27 disposals by the way) he was pointing out to his young teammates where they should kick the ball, etc. He really seems to be relishing the respect he is getting as a leader up there. So we traded a damn good footballer and a real onfield leader in the bargain for a kid who can't dispose of the ball with any fluency. And while we are on the Shaws, Rhys starred again for the Swans yesterday. And we thought the trade we did with them was a success. Embarassed

Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:04 pm

axl13 wrote:
I can't believe big Will rucked all game that was a huge effort. They were killing us all game with clearances.

Why can't you believe that?
Anyone who knows anything about the game knows we were always going to struggle and have to date with a promising young ruckman and a big unco turtle.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:05 pm

Beast wrote:
And hands up who was telling all and sundry for months that Blair is the worst player out of the ones considered to be best 22 in our side.
Tackles that don't stick, kicks that hardly ever hit the target and one cherry picking goal at best per game are his norm.

Me. Laughing

Thanks for the credit.

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:07 pm

Broomhead showed some good pace, so in a slow team like ours, I would keep him in and see what he can do
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:08 pm

Beast wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Beast wrote:
Flashman wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Season over now.

Adams is useless. Worst footballer in our team. Should never play another senior game.

Ridiculous post.

Jarryd Blair is worse.
Adams and Blair are both Vfl standard plodders but I can see why you'd wan't to justify Adsms' selection Embarassed

The rationale behind selecting him was sound. Good inside, stoppage player against a good inside, stoppage team. You were the one who thought we'd be sweet with just Thomas and Ball in close (both of whom Adams was better than today). Sadly we still got phucked in the clearances largely.

I wasn't spruiking him getting a gig unlike you with Broomhead though. Tell me how you rated his game once he got on?

Gifting Adams a game when he a blind Freddy can see he should be working on his disposal issues in VFL was a ridiculous thing to do, especially when he didn't get any game time at either level last week.
So justify it all you want but the proof is in the pudding.
Broomy isn't the first sub in the history of the game to struggle to make an impact when he came and I was actually more scathing of Fas' omission on the back of one poor game.
The selection process for this game was horrid, no matter which way you spin it.

I agree with you actually.

Fasolo is in our best side whether up forward or down back and shouldn't have been omitted.

Not knocking Broomhead as making a debut as a sub is a no win situation but once Beams withdrew I thought Fasolo coming in was a no brainer. I was worried as I thought we looked slow and one dimensional across the board and Fasolo at least brings some flair and talent to the side and we lacked that big time today, Elliot excepted.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:09 pm

okay, I'm starting to calm down a bit. So back to my usual posts whinging about umpires and such.

We lost at the selection table.

Yes, quite a few experienced players did very little today.

But that backline looked ridiculous. Against almost any other team and we would been slaughtered.

It was embarrassing that the Collingwood crowd were getting so frustrated in the last quarter that players were just ignoring other players who had space and were running. This happened many times.

But a reality check is in order.

This is a new team. Like many of us said after the Freo game in Round 1. I had fully prepared myself for this to be a rebuild year. It's just since that game there has been steady improvement and we've won enough games to be in contention for Top 4. So our hopes have been raised.

But this is the reality. You can't say the season is over. That's just silly. The team that was out there today is not our best team. Clearly.

When we have our best team, we'll do better.

The umpiring was typical after quarter time. And was it my imagination or were the bulldogs playing pot-shotting our players all the time??? I think it made our players look a bit soft which is disappointing.

Positives for me were Jamie Elliot is a star. Brilliant.
Cloke, yes, kicked, six. But he only does that against poor opposition. He needs to kick six against the Hawks - then I'll be impressed.

And oh and anyone taking a pot shot at Collingwood supporters is being really unfair. We aren't the ones who were on the field and made the team lose today. And we have every right to be frustrated with the effort from players who should have done better. We all know who they are.

Bring on the Dawks. Anything could happen next week. Our club, coach and players need a fire cracker up their backside this week and hopefully they get it and come out and bloody win.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:10 pm

collie dog wrote:
blackandwhite4life wrote:

I don't want to hammer Adams like every one else as he does get in and have a go. But.......from day one I never liked the Heater trade. He looks an honest trier, whereas Heater was one of the best backman in the game. Never an even trade.

You know what we miss most from Heater. His leadership. Yes, leadership! I watched some of the Giants win against Brisbane last night and every time I saw Heater (27 disposals by the way) he was pointing out to his young teammates where they should kick the ball, etc. He really seems to be relishing the respect he is getting as a leader up there. So we traded a damn good footballer and a real onfield leader in the bargain for a kid who can't dispose of the ball with any fluency. And while we are on the Shaws, Rhys starred again for the Swans yesterday. And we thought the trade we did with them was a success. Embarassed

God, talk about rose coloured glasses and nostalgia. The guy was giving away 2 indefensible goals a week last season. He was a good player for us for a long time, but he'd run his race here. Given our small - mid back line stocks, I basically saw whatever we got for Heath as free talent. I still think Adams will be fine. He's a hard nut and he can certainly get the ball. His disposal seems to drop off late in games, which makes me think it's a fitness issue as much as anything. Why so many people are scapegoating him instead of about 15 others who were even worse is beyond me.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:12 pm

Flashman wrote:
Beast wrote:
Flashman wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Season over now.

Ridiculous post.

Jarryd Blair is worse.

I dispute that the rationale in selecting all of Ball, Thomas and Adams was sound. What it did was drag us down to their level and make the game a contested possession challenge. One we we did not come close to winning.

What we should have done was gone with our usual structure and expose the Bulldogs lack of outside run. Playing those three slow inside mids, we just never really had any run at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: