Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

simon tonna wrote:
its sad to witness the slow and descending slide that were on, with so many
other teams racing in the right direction toward the end of the year, where we are going backwards. the improvement of every team is pronounced, except us!
we are such a boring team to watch. the turn overs are laughable and mostly
predictable. anyone who plays us knows that we panic under pressure and will hand ball to the hot spot then fumble and hand it straight over with out a
whimper. our middle tier players that have retained there contracts under bucks have fooled him in believing that they want to play under him and will
meet all criteria that is required of them. they don't give a **** about the jumper they wear. happy/content they got one in the bag.
we need grunt in the middle with skill and speed but most important we need heart. players of the elliott mould, guys who never had it good and those who understand that no matter who you are or what side of the tracks you come from you never take anything for granted.we lack heart.

Are you saying Blair is the answer? Wink
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:51 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
its sad to witness the slow and descending slide that were on, with so many
other teams racing in the right direction toward the end of the year, where we are going backwards. the improvement of every team is pronounced, except us!
we are such a boring team to watch. the turn overs are laughable and mostly
predictable. anyone who plays us knows that we panic under pressure and will hand ball to the hot spot then fumble and hand it straight over with out a
whimper. our middle tier players that have retained there contracts under bucks have fooled him in believing that they want to play under him and will
meet all criteria that is required of them. they don't give a **** about the jumper they wear. happy/content they got one in the bag.
we need grunt in the middle with skill and speed but most important we need heart. players of the elliott mould, guys who never had it good and those who understand that no matter who you are or what side of the tracks you come from you never take anything for granted.we lack heart.

Are you saying Blair is the answer? Wink

not a knocker on blair, its not he's fault. he's just shit.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:55 pm

Disappointing result. Boys had some poor period and so reasonable periods of play but at the end of the day they were not good enough. I thought it was a 50/50 game at best and we were a goal up in ghe last quarter but did not have the class or intensity to maintain the lead. Best effort in the last three weeks.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:56 pm

sadly- it seems that presently we are just not good enough.

way too many passengers when the going gets tough.

Lack of confidence

Lack of ability

Lack of team spirit

Only Harry and Adams seemed willing to take the game on today.

If you are not willing to put your head over the ball and your body on the line- piss off

Go pies!
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:57 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Goldy was down back, he should be doing the kick ins

Reid should have been moved to the backline where he would have found the going much easier first up.
This would have freed up Young and enabled him to move to the wing.
Or at the very least Reid should have been subbed off as he was giving us nothing.
We were at least one mid short especially after a loss of Ball and Swan, only a complete amateur could have dropped JT.
Blair is not mids arsehole, in fact he isn't much of anything.
Elliott should be playing in the forwardline 100% of the time and not wasted at half back or in the guts.
Kenno should either start or be brought on much earlier to give him a chance to get into games, should also play as a crumber, not all over the joint.
Caff should have been moved onto Danger half way through the game.

We should play man on man as our zones are the worst in the league.

Oh and we should have gone after an experienced ruck instead of expecting miracles from Witts and Grundy.

All of those things are elementary but somehow are beyond Bucks' grasp.

Last edited by Beast on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:57 pm

Well, that was disappointing but not unexpected.

The positive:
- we were able to nullify their key forwards
- Lumumba was good in the middle with 7 clearances
- Broomhead did not have a great night, but had some nice touches and does look a player
- Caff did a good job keeping Sloane to 19 touches

The negative:
- this team still plays with little cohesion. To be expected I guess with the amount of changes, but still disappointing
- our mids weren't up to the contest. too many slight bodies. not sure it was a good idea to play both of Martin and Broomhead with Thomas and Dwyer on the sidelines
- Seedsman and Young were both very quiet

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:07 pm

Pleasing to see the fight after 1/4 time. Expected a 10 goal drubbing the way we were playing but to hit the front in the last qtr was pleasing. Couple of clearances and goals without us touching the ball pretty much ended it. Then another goal from great ruck work by Jacobs made it 3 goals in 3 minutes, the game was all over.

Not so pleasing was the way we over posses and butcher the ball. Work so hard and then poor disposal or that extra handball kills us every time.

Maybe our skills have always been this bad, maybe MM gameplan of hugging the boundary disguised the deficiencies.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Beast wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Goldy was down back, he should be doing the kick ins

Reid should have been moved to the backline where he would have found the going much easier first up.
This would have freed up Young and enabled him to move to the wing.
Or at the very least Reid should have been subbed off as he was giving us nothing.
We were at least one mid short especially after a loss of Ball and Swan, only a complete amateur could have dropped JT.
Blair is not mids arsehole, in fact he isn't much of anything.
Elliott should be playing in the forwardline 100% of the time and not wasted at half back or in the guts.
Kenno should either start or be brought on much earlier to give him a chance to get into games, should also play as a crumber, not all over the joint.
Caff should have been moved onto Danger half way through the game.

We should play man on man as our zones are the worst in the league.

Oh and we should have gone after an experienced ruck instead of expecting miracles from Witts and Grundy.

All of those things are elementary but somehow are beyond Bucks' grasp.

Agree with all that 100%. Especially with Reid going to defence. Our back line is leaderless, tired and inexperienced. Reid was a star for us in defence. He has a laser-like boot and can actually hit up a target. He should have played back there from the outset or at least from quarter time. We have nothing come out of defence. I'm losing faith in the coach. I noticed he didn't approach the team at 3/4 time until the break was nearly over. Him and Harvey stuffed around with the whiteboard and stats. FFS give the players a rev up! I miss Mick tearing players a new one.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:09 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
LeighBrownBrigade wrote:
Next year this, next year that... Look, it's all good many of you are optimistic, but many things can occur next year that could turn out to be like this year. We were 8-2 up and we were cruising this year. Buckley made some terrible decisions in his team choices and I'm beginning to doubt him. He says the right things in the media but I'm more concerned what he tells his players. I don't think he was ready to take on this role after having only coached for two seasons in an assistant role. He inherited a great team and he has failed. Eddie shouldn't extend his contract. If he fails next year, he should be gone. It's as simple as that. Even Richmond is winning for crying out loud! We are embarrassing.

Let's not blame Bucks. We have fallen to a mid level team because of 2 factors, neither of which have anything to do with coaching.

Firstly, all top sides have dominant rucks. Since Jolly's quick physical demise and appropriate de-listing we have been relying on a couple of young novice ruckmen in Witts and Grundy. In time I've no doubt they'll be great players, but in the meantime we're getting smashed in the ruck most weeks. That's not Buckley's fault.

Secondly, with Swan's physical demise, we do not have a single A grade midfielder with genuine pace. The modern game requires every top team have a couple of players who can break the lines open with real pace and take the game on. We don't have a single player like that. Dangerfield was that man for the Crows today.

Obviously it will take Reid a few weeks to find form after missing the entire season so far. Let's hope we can get to see what Sharenberg has to offer with a couple of senior games. Next year we'll get to see Freeman. Right now, however, we are lying in the middle of the table, which is a true reflection of our talent base. The good thing is that we have a youthful side, which points to better years to come. Naturally i'm disappointed in where we are, but perhaps it was a reality check for most of us. Let's use the remainder of this season to prepare for next year.

Stands and applauds!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:10 pm

DT56 wrote:
If the Pies don't complain about the biased umpiring against us I will reconsider my membership.

As soon as we got in front I told my wife watch the frees going to Adelaide .. within one minute they had two, pulled out of their arse.

Reed was ridden like a surfboard, as was Cloke yet no frees.

Absolute BS and I'm sick and tired of it.

The Umps have been Disgusting all Year

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:13 pm

Stupied wrote:
Didn't watch the game, but expected the loss. I said in round 1 that this was going to be a development season, and although we were top 4 at one stage, I can't say I'm that surprised that our season has slid.

I'm happy now to get games in to our kids. If we win, it will be pleasant, but I refuse to let myself be sucked in to the gut wrenching dissapointment over losses that I've had the past few years. I know deep down that long term, the experience out kids are gaining now will translate to success, and I'm ok with the short term pain.

But surely the fact we were in the 4 earlier in the season means we should expect a flag in 2014
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:13 pm

The highlight for me was seeing a Jetstar plane fly right over the 'G.

But I could have gone to the airport for that. Minus the 'G I suppose.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:18 pm

^ That took alot of us by surprise... we thought the city and the MCG were no fly zones...
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:20 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
We're a rabble and a very inconsistent one at that. Poor disposal and decision making costs us week in week out and what are we doing to rectify it? Nothing! Bloody nothing. It's always the same players making the same bloody mistakes. We struggle to move the ball out of the defensive 50 and when we do, we generally stuff it up and give it straight back to the opposition. I don't understand what this obsession is with our hand ball frenzy. The effen crows were allowed to move the ball more freely and used their options up forward much better than what we did. Our mids struggled to get into the game and our senior players couldn't stand up when it counted. Our forwards were either held, manhandled or had to put up with shitty disposal from the midfield. Yes I get that we're a young team with a lot of inexperienced players, but how many of them actually know WTF is going on. Another thing is that we get slaughtered on the spread by the opposition and our players struggle to man up when they need to. The umpiring was a disgrace and I hope that they all choke on their whistles. We don't deserve to be anywhere near the 8 and we'll struggle to win another game from here on in.

Disagree, think we've been very consistent since bye 1.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:23 pm

It's good to have you back, Jamie and Ben.

Also really good to have you back Heritier - where have you been mate?

Keep going Wittsy you are on track.

Keep going Tay you are on track too.

Frosty you are also on track. Keep going mate.

Broomhead you excite me.

Martin it's a bit quicker isn't it mate? You will be right, it won't seem so fast in a couple of weeks.

To real Collingwood supporters who are struggling with it all at the moment, hang in there. It isn't as bad as it feels like it is. It is bad, but not as bad as it feels right now.

To the trolls peddling their anti-Collingwood agendas of destabilisation and denigration, EABBOD.

With half a team of apprentices we are possibly better than we should be right now. The future is bright

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13   

Jump to: