Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Eagles pulverise Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Big T wrote:
[

The problem is, there is a genuine and growing feeling that the club doesn't really give a toss anymore, like they are just taking the piss and there as a business to make money and provide golden spoon facilities for the elite. They are living well off your membership money and they know it.

I just do not believe that. I reject out of hand any suggestion that our Club "doesn't give a toss" or "is living well off membership money". I have faith in our players above all. I believe absolutely that our Club is striving to achieve the best possible performance. That doesn't mean that they are making correct decisions, and these need to be identified and rectified. Last week, Buckley and his team produced a magnificent game plan. This week, it was unbelievably inadequate. So lessons have to be drawn. But I believe absolutely that they are fighting to draw the lessons. Buckley and his team need to improve their coaching and selection strategies. And they will do everything they can to do so. We are in a period where there will not always be quick and immediate success. As supporters, we need to watch the progress, make constructive criticisms when decisions seem off the mark, but above all else retain confidence in the good faith of our Club and the amazing inner strength of our players.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:44 pm

I'm so glad this match wasn't broadcast.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Big T wrote:
[

The problem is, there is a genuine and growing feeling that the club doesn't really give a toss anymore, like they are just taking the piss and there as a business to make money and provide golden spoon facilities for the elite. They are living well off your membership money and they know it.

I just do not believe that. I reject out of hand any suggestion that our Club "doesn't give a toss" or "is living well off membership money". I have faith in our players above all. I believe absolutely that our Club is striving to achieve the best possible performance. That doesn't mean that they are making correct decisions, and these need to be identified and rectified. Last week, Buckley and his team produced a magnificent game plan. This week, it was unbelievably inadequate. So lessons have to be drawn. But I believe absolutely that they are fighting to draw the lessons. Buckley and his team need to improve their coaching and selection strategies. And they will do everything they can to do so. We are in a period where there will not always be quick and immediate success. As supporters, we need to watch the progress, make constructive criticisms when decisions seem off the mark, but above all else retain confidence in the good faith of our Club and the amazing inner strength of our players.

How do you know our players have amazing inner strength? Where can I see this said inner strength?

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:51 pm

There are many examples of this inner strength. Victory on Anzac Day. The win over Port Adelaide last week. Win over West Coast Eagles on the MCG this year when we had lost virtually our entire back line. Their inner strength to me is beyond question. It is the responsibility of Buckley and his coaching team to harness it.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:52 pm

dalyc wrote:
I thought we'd lose and we did. I'm wondering how many of the bile spewing Nicksters also tipped wc?

Reading through this thread this result seems to have come as a shock to some. We've been on the slide since the lose to the crows in round 9. Admittedly today's performance was very ordinary but the lose was always on the cards.

Last edited by jackcass on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:53 pm

didick wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Big T wrote:
[

How do you know our players have amazing inner strength? Where can I see this said inner strength?

2010 and maybe a fair chunk of 2011. I have looked hard for it since but it has eluded me.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:54 pm

I maintain what I said last week that Buckley is a good match day coach, but doesn't know how to structure the team. We have the basis of a very good football team with a lot of talented young players coming through. What we don't have is a settled team at the moment, hence we witness sloppy dreadful mistakes on the field. It didn't help losing Adams last week at the point where he was just starting to show something. It irritates me watching Grundy and Ball playing in the VFL yesterday when they should have been in Perth today. Langdon has been down on form since he got knocked out. He then plays his best game for several weeks against Port last week, so what happens this week. He gets dropped! Kennedy is an inside mid who thrives on hard work so why has he played so many games this year as a sub? Why has every other AFL side been playing taller inside mids this year, whereas Collingwood plays small inside mids, not just one or two, but three, four or five every game. White is a limited player who plays as a third tall forward (same as Lynch) so Buckley insists on playing him as a second ruck. I hope people realise today watching him perform against a quality ruck combination that White can't play as a second ruck. I could go on and one that the teams we have fielded this year do not have the right combination of mids, backs and forwards to beat quality oppositions. All is not lost. With the players coming through from the back half of our list and the recruitment of Moore and at least one other tall forward and tall defender in this year's draft, we have all the ingredients needed to move back up the ladder.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:57 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Big T wrote:
[

All power to you. But since the over corporatisation of our great club I have been continually disappointed. Culminating in the empty feeling one gets when going to the money centre.

Maybe its just not for me anymore. Maybe I am the problem. Probably that's it.

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:04 pm
Post subject: eagles pulverise piesReply with quote

Was overseas watching the Adelaide game and stopped at half time and went to the pool. Was getting so angry and grumpy, I just didn't need to spoil my holiday mood.
Today it was getting me sooo upset and blahhhh that for the first time in my life, I just changed the station and stopped watching. Played with my puppy who made me happy.It's not about losing, it's EVERYTHING

I love my pies but I cannot stand seeing them play like this. When I am at the game, I stick it out but I just couldn't bear it today.. It just makes me feel so bad.

Shocking umpiring.Travis being mauled. MRP. Marks? like Puopolo. What happened to hands in the back OR PUSH in the back? Players protecting EMPTY space. Hand balling across the ground so it is like rugby. No players in one half the ground. Uncontested footy.
50 metre penalties for frivolous reasons.

And this is in other games as well.

Our boys are young lightly built and inexperienced but ALL year we having been querying their POOR disposal.
What the hell?

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:06 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Well the "perceptive fellow" will be out in force this week and rightly so.

I will be very restrained this week. I don't really feel sad, just empty, like reality has forced us all to finally accept that we are no longer a serious football club after setting the standard in 2010 and 11. How the mighty have fallen. Sad

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:10 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I maintain what I said last week that Buckley is a good match day coach, but doesn't know how to structure the team. We have the basis of a very good football team with a lot of talented young players coming through. What we don't have is a settled team at the moment, hence we witness sloppy dreadful mistakes on the field. It didn't help losing Adams last week at the point where he was just starting to show something. It irritates me watching Grundy and Ball playing in the VFL yesterday when they should have been in Perth today. Langdon has been down on form since he got knocked out. He then plays his best game for several weeks against Port last week, so what happens this week. He gets dropped! Kennedy is an inside mid who thrives on hard work so why has he played so many games this year as a sub? Why has every other AFL side been playing taller inside mids this year, whereas Collingwood plays small inside mids, not just one or two, but three, four or five every game. White is a limited player who plays as a third tall forward (same as Lynch) so Buckley insists on playing him as a second ruck. I hope people realise today watching him perform against a quality ruck combination that White can't play as a second ruck. I could go on and one that the teams we have fielded this year do not have the right combination of mids, backs and forwards to beat quality oppositions. All is not lost. With the players coming through from the back half of our list and the recruitment of Moore and at least one other tall forward and tall defender in this year's draft, we have all the ingredients needed to move back up the ladder.

Yes, this is an excellent analysis. I agree that some of the selections have been really poor, and at times incomprehensible.
The decision to drop Langdon was really difficult to understand, and the decision to omit Ball likewise. I agree that the right combination of mids, backs and forwards has been lacking, but I think this is partly due to the fact that our backline is so new (with Frost, Langdon making their debut years, Marley and Tooves back from long absences, Fasolo finding a new niche) etc. In fact, many of the errors can be attributed to the fact that we are genuinely in the process of finding out who our best 22 are, and were in fact inevitable. We have to see this as a process which will take time.
I think the decision to play White as a second ruck tonight was not incorrect. He has shown signs of being able to perform this role competently. Tonight was evidence that this idea will not be tenable. Now that Grundy has had an excellent performance in the Reserves, it is time to bring him back into the team. I am afraid to say it, but next year as well, with the development of our new recruits (Scharenberg, Freeman, Marsh, Karnezis) will likewise bring more uncertainty into selecting our best team. Managing the selection process so as to maximize stabliity but at the same time allow opportunity for burgeoning talents will be one of our major challenges.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:14 pm

DT wrote:
Basically, we are too young to sustain the effort needed across the season. Add to that key injuries and the season is a write off even if we sneak into 8th spot.

Should be better next year. The twos played well.

Stands and applauds!

Sadly, won't get too much traction here among so called supporters.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:14 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Big T wrote:
[

Oh please club plant (Gary Pert?). Last week we were dreadful. It's just that Port were utterly shiteful. Anyone who thinks our "good game plan" beat Port last week is smoking some strong stuff. It was a woeful game. This week we were found out by a better and more desperate side. But I better stop here, because I am swinging between bouts of anger at the denialists (the glass half full brigade or dumb sacks as some call them) and sheer depression (which we "perceptive fellow" have felt for some time now). This club ain't what it used to be at every level.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:18 pm

collie dog wrote:

Oh please club plant (Gary Pert?). Last week we were dreadful. It's just that Port were utterly shiteful. Anyone who thinks our "good game plan" beat Port last week is smoking some strong stuff. It was a woeful game. This week we were found out by a better and more desperate side. But I better stop here, because I am swinging between bouts of anger at the denialists (the glass half full brigade or dumb sacks as some call them) and sheer depression (which we "perceptive fellow" have felt for some time now). This club ain't what it used to be at every level.

No comment. Just pathetic and demoralized
melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm concerned about our leadership from senior players.

They don't show the way.

Pendles & Beams got smashed by their opposition. Their lack of defensive ability cost us dearly. Priddis killed Em.

Caff. Used to have some pace. Has lost a yard or 10. His disposal was poor too.

Harry. Gee. I've regularly defended his footy. Today he should of wore a WCE jumper cos he kicked to them more than us. Totally butchered it.

Blair. Tries his guts out but hasn't developed. He was OK today but like vast majority of players under Buckley, hasn't come on. He produces the same as his 1st years.

Totally baffles me how selection didn't have one of Thomas or Ball, with Adams out. Another complete blunder that was costly.

Young. Pffft. He's in our leadership group. This tells us where we are at. The fact Armstrong showed more says something too.

White. Has every attribute you could want in a player except an ability to play the game.

Elliott. Scary that a 50 game player shows the way. One that has improved under Bux.

Reid was better. But very limited.

Siddey. Was OK, but fear he was defensively exposed too. Their mids smashed us, so all senior players need to take responsibility.

Keefe I thought was OK. But still has plenty of work to do. But at least he can kick.

Williams has gone backwards.

Cloke. Battled. But if the midfield gets smashed forwards are always going to struggle.

Tooves. Was solid.

There you go. I've vented.

We're 18th (I think) for disposal efficiency. How? Why?

Don't get me started on the umpiring. It wasn't the reason we lost. But it a difference of around 20 was equivalent to an extra mid. It wasn't so much what they paid to them but the equivalent was reciprocated.

Just want this season to end. I'm over it. I don't enjoy our games anymore. I'm more frustrated and angry, than wanting to barrack. I've lost the joy of footy. And it isn't just cos we are losing. I attended nearly as many games in 1999 as I did in 2010 and 2011. The style and teamanship is really missing. And disposal takes me back to the 1999 days.

Maybe I've just got old and grumpy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: