Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Lions swamp Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

32,000 rolled up tonight lol, 32,000.

Seriously I know Edd took us from the brink, but IMO our on field success had a hell of a lot to do with our current financial position, good luck balancing the books now that we're now officially a rabble again Edd.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:27 am

winterstick wrote:
While I admire what TA did and played well, Am I to understand that in our whole list we had no one else to play

who could we have brought in?

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:04 am

Putting all the pathetic,exhibitions we have put in this season,the ONE thing that sticks out like a Big bulls Balls,is our ,schoolboy like,kicking ability. WTF is going on down there. Sidebottom with his dinky little kicks that almost ALWAYS go backwards and then horribly wrong. McCaffer,who SURELY must not play for us again and I've been saying it for years,couldn't kick over a tin can and Marley Williams,the worst of the worst,should just don an opposition jumper week after week ,such is his inability to hit a Collingwood jumper even when they are 20 meters in the clear and ,as shown last night,out on the full is a damn good option as well?? We won't talk about Goldsacks PATHETIC ,inept ,shot at goal,shall we? Cloke,Keefe,Frost!!! I could go on,but FFS this CAN'T be real,Can it???
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:27 am

Jezza wrote:
I was there tonight and stayed the whole game but that was deplorable from start to finish.

I understand that there were injuries, I understand that we're young in terms of games average so we shouldn't be expecting top 4 finishes, but no one can justify and defend Buckley's inept coaching strategy with constant zone defences which haven't worked since he became coach rather than simple man-on-man football and no one can excuse the poor basic skills error we constantly make.

I doubt we'll win another match all year with all those injuries but I guess that's a blessing in disguise as it can mean we can do some soul-searching, regroup and make the necessary changes to improve ourselves in 2015 and beyond. I was pessimistic at the start of the year and then we had a false dawn with a good start to the year but this year has been terrible to say the least (especially the last two months).

Tonight was the worst I've seen us play since the 2004-2005 days. Despite all of this, loyalty needs to be upheld and we have to stick with the club no matter how hard it might be in the future. These lean years are character building for any supporter and will only make us appreciate the good times when they do arise again. Some of us seem to have forgotten that we need to stick together as a club no matter how deplorable things may be at the moment. I understand we're emotional and angry and fair enough but I plead to supporters to not jump off the club and ditch them in this tough time.

Overall, just a shocking night and one to forget.

I'm with you all the way.

Tomorrow, when the dust settles, Collingwood need to shut their mouths, (Eddie) and start to plan. The fitness division, WTF? Go back to Arizona if thats what it takes. Not just the injuries, build a tank into the kids, see if any of the oldies have anything left. Or be ruthless.

Are we zoning because we simply can't keep up to go man on man? Can Bucks coach? Ok, I admit, I have my doubts big time. Is it his methods, his manner, his ideas? We need to know now. And make the tough call if need be.

Do not bring any of the injured players back this season, get them all right for preseason. Play the kids, don't worry about the score. It's over.lets face that and applaud the good. Grundy bust his gut last night, it didn't all work, but shit he tried. Frosty has just been brilliant all season. Armstrong, look at the who goes thread, the first few pages, gees how things change. The kid was not disgraced last night, even with a 14 Klm warm up. He's going to be fantastic. Broom head., wow, lock this kid up and throw away the key.

Cut the losses on some 2010 heroes, use their salary to get a big fish. Some big names are toast, they have helped bring on the kids, but it's time. It may get a whole lot worse before it gets better. That's footy.

Other teams? The hawks had a drop before they bounced back, and I still reckon geeeelong are the original drug cheats, and lucky to boot. I don't care anyway. For me it's all about Collingwood, the rest is a support act. Lick your wounds guys, get ready for a bit more pain, the future was out there last night, before time, trying it's heart out.

But for goodness sake, please, before anything else, find a kicking coach. Surely that's high school stuff.

Go Pies

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:40 am

The fitness coach has to take responsibility for the fitnss of the playing group. It has been beyond coincidence this year, and he should go.

It's hard to hold the coach responsible for the disaster this evening given the injury story.... But evvn before Cloke and Beams went down, we were looking as lost and disorganised as we have for most of the second half of the year, and -let's be honest - for most of Bucks's tenure. There is something in this coaching business - good coaches are rare and they make a big difference. The lack of a serious apprenticeship was always a risk, and it has now come to rotten fruition.

We do need to prune the list - Marley Williams looks a lost cause as he cannot hit a target in a black and white shirt. Jesse White is not AFL standard. Brent Macaffer is a tagger that can't do the job without fouling his mark, and Fasolo has been tried once too often. Blair tires hard and while he's not the weakest link, you have to wonder whether josh Thomas would not give us as much and show more upside.

Regarding Nathan Buckley, I think we need the best possible #2 to advise him, he gets to the end of 2015 and then, of there is no clear improvement in the cohesion of the side on-field, he should stand down or be fired. It woild be a sad end to one of the greatest players ever to grace the guernsey, but Bob Rose did it in 1987 and if it good enough for Bob, it's enough for anyone.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:46 am

Why get a #2 to advise Buckley. If after 4 years, he can't figure this out, then bring in a new #1.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:56 am

Armstrong and Young who shouldn't have been dropped and wouldn't have played if it wasn't for injuries ended up being two of our better players on the night.
Thats how much of a clue our esteemed coach actually has.

Food for thought to the few on here that are capable of it.
Millane42 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:10 am

As i said before the game the Lions are pur bogey team. Played 26 won 9 lost 17 and we r 4 w 6 l at home. Its a mental thing but our season was over after the bulldogs game as we werent going to make top 4 and that is what u need to win the GF. Anyway tanking now is better than making up the numbers in the bottom half of the 8. And sack devoren!
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:13 am

Defender wrote:
32,000 rolled up tonight lol, 32,000.

Another lie from the AFL. There was no way in hell there were 32,000 there. That was the figure for the Port game and the crowd looked a good 10,000 down on that disastrous attendance (even though we won).

It's a great shame we got all those injuries, because I genuinely believe (and Bucks said as much in his presser) we'd have been smashed anyway. The injuries just give the club hierarchy an out. How fortunate for them.

Did anyone at all notice just how quickly and precisely this so-called bottom four side moved the ball? Now ask yourself, which side looked bottom four material out there last night?

Expect more pain in Sydney as another first is chalked up next week. A loss to GWS. I am dreading Round 23 against Hawthorn. What is the record losing margin again? Not that it matters any more.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:16 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Why get a #2 to advise Buckley. If after 4 years, he can't figure this out, then bring in a new #1.

He wouldn't take that any way.

Which makes me realize why mm is at Carlton.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:21 am

Heater_39 wrote:
Doc Larkins reporting almost certainly ACL's to both Dayne Beams and Travis Cloke.

well he's a wanker, bucks presser states
cloke; ankle
beams ;pcl

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:25 am

simon tonna wrote:
Heater_39 wrote:
Doc Larkins reporting almost certainly ACL's to both Dayne Beams and Travis Cloke.

well he's a wanker, bucks presser states
cloke; ankle
beams ;pcl

and of course the Club is truthful about all things regarding injuries.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:27 am

piedys wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
The absolute tripe some of you are dishing out tonight is disgusting. I'm not saying things are rosy but FFS has a team in history lost as many important players prior to half time like we did tonight?

If it's happened I've never heard of it. We fought a little bit in the last quarter - and that with a guy who was playing his second game of the day.

I tip my hat to you Mr Armstrong. Sheer guts... and somehow you managed to still get 17 touches and do it at 88% efficiency. Bloody unbelievable and worth a round of applause.

That's about the only positive I can take from this game - apart from getting more game time into our youngsters.

Nuff said

Nothing much to add to that.
That fact that Mr Armstrong had to even play, is indicative of the ineptitude of the fitness staff and their sheer idiocy in not holding a player back for these situations. For that alone, that St.Kilda retard should be terminated.
Welcome back Ben Sinclair, you will be better for the run.

Blair, McTagger, O'Brien and Fasolo can all find new homes in 2015.
Four senior player who give us nothing but half arsed efforts week after week, and showed no leadership tonight as Brisbane's 2nd rate hacks found them out for the list cloggers they are.
Heath Shaw would have been going off his f*cking head in the last few weeks with the amount of time the ball keeps coming back inside D50.

Anybody have flashbacks to that night at MCG 2007 when Brisbane [again with nothing to play for] wiped their arse with us by about 15 goals, with that retard Brennan kicking like 8.7 off his own boot?

Oh, and Lappin, throw yourself under the team bus.

Dyso

Cost us a top 4 spot if I am not mistaken

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:35 am

Jezza wrote:
I was there tonight and stayed the whole game but that was deplorable from start to finish.

I understand that there were injuries, I understand that we're young in terms of games average so we shouldn't be expecting top 4 finishes, but no one can justify and defend Buckley's inept coaching strategy with constant zone defences which haven't worked since he became coach rather than simple man-on-man football and no one can excuse the poor basic skills error we constantly make.

I doubt we'll win another match all year with all those injuries but I guess that's a blessing in disguise as it can mean we can do some soul-searching, regroup and make the necessary changes to improve ourselves in 2015 and beyond. I was pessimistic at the start of the year and then we had a false dawn with a good start to the year but this year has been terrible to say the least (especially the last two months).

Tonight was the worst I've seen us play since the 2004-2005 days. Despite all of this, loyalty needs to be upheld and we have to stick with the club no matter how hard it might be in the future. These lean years are character building for any supporter and will only make us appreciate the good times when they do arise again. Some of us seem to have forgotten that we need to stick together as a club no matter how deplorable things may be at the moment. I understand we're emotional and angry and fair enough but I plead to supporters to not jump off the club and ditch them in this tough time.

Overall, just a shocking night and one to forget.

A club review 'Geelong 2006' style is called for. Bucks doesn't have to go, but by Christ some deep soul-searching and honest reviews of all aspects of the Club are called for I reckon

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:38 am

winpies wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Oh and we believe that Armstrong on having just played two games on the one day will expire sometime around Wednesday.

What a great effort by Armstrong. I dips me lid to him. Well done indeed!

8 quarters in a day; that's almost more than Reid has played all year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11   

Jump to: