Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies lose thriller. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Big game next week.
If there is only one game I want to win its is the game against the Hawks

Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:25 pm

Reminds me of 2001 ANZAC Day this game. Great effort against a very good side, but just didn't get the points.
inxs88 

WarrenerraW wrote:
seedsman is a dope and was responsible for quite a few clangers in the last quarter. there's no excuse for kicking the ball out on the full like we did in th last quarter. When seedy was tackled in the middle he should have at least tried punching the ball - even though he couldn't get rid of it. The scumps only want to see an attempt and seedsman didn't make an attempt. He wasn't helped by side arse's dinky little grubber kick either.

Don't forget the dropped mark in the goal square that came back and resulted in the Barlow goal. Paul unfortunately dislikes pressure and contact. Fact!

Dave The Man Scorpio

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-06-25/great-play-by-the-kid-and-bucks-loves-it

Last edited by Dave The Man on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

mosig wrote:
mosig wrote:
colin_wood wrote:
Big problem was Witts faded ....freo got on top.

That was my read.

I should add - nothing against Witts, I thought he battled very well - the young ruckman just couldnt go as hard for as long as the man mountain.

If Grundy had played instead of White we'd have won the game. But then again if my Aunty had wheels......
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:26 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Pathetic gutless effort. We had the game win and choked! Once again proving we shouldn't be in the top eight. We are the new chokers. Can only beat teams in the bottom eight. Colliwobbles alive and well!

%$^£$%^&%% off!! traitor

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:27 pm

Didaksgoal wrote:
Reminds me of 2001 ANZAC Day this game. Great effort against a very good side, but just didn't get the points.

Yes very good comparison and also round 7 2006 against West Coast in Perth.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2006/041820060513.html

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:28 pm

Interesting that we played a much slower game tonight. Completely different game plan to the last few weeks. It nearly came off. Inexperience was the difference against the second most experienced team on their home turf. Under extreme pressure (better pressure than the last eleven weeks) we were a bit off with our disposal. It was very dewy out there. The effort was sensational. Not once this year have we fallen away and chucked in the towell.

We are still a team in transition. Structurally we really missed three players tonight. Reid would have had the composure to setup the play down back with his laser kicking. Frost and Brown setup no creative movement. Greenwood and Grundy would have evened up the clearances a lot. We are on the way. Freo look like a typical Lyon team who will likely fall short because they have trouble scoring. They scrounged most of their goals tonight. It was not a night for marking forwards. Not one marking forward looked dangerous.

What is is up with Sidey. Three very quiet weeks.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:29 pm

Didaksgoal wrote:
""? ?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:30 pm

perthmagpie wrote:
Interesting that we played a much slower game tonight. Completely different game plan to the last few weeks. It nearly came off. Inexperience was the difference against the second most experienced team on their home turf. Under extreme pressure (better pressure than the last eleven weeks) we were a bit off with our disposal. It was very dewy out there. The effort was sensational. Not once this year have we fallen away and chucked in the towell.

We are still a team in transition. Structurally we really missed three players tonight. Reid would have had the composure to setup the play down back with his laser kicking. Frost and Brown setup no creative movement. Greenwood and Grundy would have evened up the clearances a lot. We are on the way. Freo look like a typical Lyon team who will likely fall short because they have trouble scoring. They scrounged most of their goals tonight. It was not a night for marking forwards. Not one marking forward looked dangerous.

What is is up with Sidey. Three very quiet weeks.

And what's up with Pendles? He spent a lot of time on the bench, especially in the 2nd half when we needed him the most. I hope he's not going to have to play the rest of the year out carrying a stuffed ankle.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:30 pm

Jezza wrote:
[quote="Didaksgoal"]Reminds me of 2001 ANZAC Day this game. Great effort against a very good side, but just didn't get the points.[/quote]
Yes very good comparison and also round 7 2006 against West Coast in Perth.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2006/041820060513.html
Oh a web page.
Robbie 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:31 pm
Post subject: Thank God we kept BucksReply with quote

I will never enjoy a loss however; Bucks has this group playing a brand of football that wins games and pressures opponents regardless. I remember when Bucks coached the Vic Country team to Carnival Champions, and this Magpie team know how to win just like they did. Imagine if Bucks had gone to the West for the big money offered, and we were left with MM. This is Bucks team and they believe in the Bucks way of playing that will win a Premiership, and allow those young men to build a team that believes and bleeds for each other.

GO PIES.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:32 pm

I had Fyfe best on. He killed us.
Geez he's good in close, amongst other attributes.

Umpiring went our way first half, can't complain. The Walters free was bu11sh1t in the last, but so was JFW's......... only difference is that Jesse F***ing White missed.

These pr1cks Fremantle go out of their way to create stoppages. Both ball-ups and boundary throw ins.
They get a lot of their goals with a foot race into an open 50 (not many tnite we played that aspect reasonably well), but they set it up with great touch in traffic drawing tacklers. You think you've got 'em but they've sucked you in. When tackled in congestion Mundy, Fyfe, etc, mange to keep their hands free and dish it off, it's hard to stop.
This makes pea-hearts like Walters, Hill, Pearce look good.

Great signs for us though. If we get close to that regularly from the likes of Fasolo, DeGoey, Blair, Broomhead (early), Varcoe (first 3 qtrs), we'll go alright.

Polish was the difference.
A little bit more of it at certain moments tonight, and we win.
Disappointed not to win, but not shattered. Can't fault the effort.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Museman 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:32 pm

Effort only gets you so far.

Won't ever be satisfied with a loss, and even though we are young I worry when others are.

Besides i'm not sure we learned to much, we had our tails up and as someone already stated they are only just going atm.....we should have won. Richmond dismantled them FFS before they chit and tried to shut it down.

Next week will give a far better idea of our progression as far as i'm concerned.

f@k I hate losing.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:33 pm

Showed tonight this very young team, is on the verge of some really great things, cant wait for greenwood and reid too come in now too. This team will achieve great things, we just have too be patient. It wont happen just yet, bu it will happen, trust me. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11   

Jump to: